Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I have a friend who Swears that middle lane driving is just plain safer. We have had many debates.

WHAT!? The middle lane is the most dangerous you are literally surrounded on all sides by idiots!

Also I have three nobs of the day today.

First one is me :oops:, pulling out of a junction there was a car turning so I thought I can get out in that gap but then turning car flew round and the guy behind was also flying along so I did make him brake to let me out. Sorry red car and thank you for not squishing me :(

Second was the guy in a truck who indicated and immediately swerved wildly into my lane causing me to have a slight squeaky bum moment (luckily there was enough room for me to scoot round)

Then third was the guy who obviously doesn't know how roundabouts work and as I was turning right decided to just pull straight in front of me.

Stupid mondays

What about the cars that sit in the left lane, until you come up behind them, they move over to let you pass, and then back into the left lane again!! I have seen that so many times and have no idea what these people are thinking.

What frustrates me is that it's idiot drivers crashing all the time that are pushing the speed limits down. It's not speed that kills, it's drivers complete lack of driving ability that ruins it for the rest of us.

:offtopic: Heres the thing though in general its CAR drivers are the problem bikers/van drivers/truck drivers tend to be in my expriance slightly better. As to retesting or the like, no not needed, all they need to do is introduce a CPC style system. Every 5 years you have to prove you are able to drive on modern roads and handle modern cars. If you fail your assesment or have had 3 fault accidents you have to get 5 hours additonal training. If you dont want to do this say £30 for the assesment £25 per hour for the 5 hours training you get £1000 added to your insurance. if you do comply you get £200 off your insurance or if that is greater than your insurance you get your next assesment for free. Along with protected NCD for the next 5 years.

Saturday NOTD was me - I was in an utterly foul mood and to top it off I managed to press my arm against my exhaust while putting on the disc lock... now got a right nasty little burn on my left arm. Bugger.

Thats why I put mine on the front.

:offtopic: Heres the thing though in general its CAR drivers are the problem bikers/van drivers/truck drivers tend to be in my expriance slightly better. As to retesting or the like, no not needed, all they need to do is introduce a CPC style system. Every 5 years you have to prove you are able to drive on modern roads and handle modern cars. If you fail your assesment or have had 3 fault accidents you have to get 5 hours additonal training. If you dont want to do this say £30 for the assesment £25 per hour for the 5 hours training you get £1000 added to your insurance. if you do comply you get £200 off your insurance or if that is greater than your insurance you get your next assesment for free. Along with protected NCD for the next 5 years.

Thats nothing like CPC though

The CPC course is an attendance only! there is no pass or fail and no testing involved :wink:

Saturday NOTD was me - I was in an utterly foul mood and to top it off I managed to press my arm against my exhaust while putting on the disc lock... now got a right nasty little burn on my left arm. Bugger.

Can't fit it to the front on a KLX, there's a ruddy great rubber damper in the way

Can't fit it to the front on a KLX, there's a ruddy great rubber damper in the way

Your disk lock must be very different from mine then

Thats nothing like CPC though

The CPC course is an attendance only! there is no pass or fail and no testing involved :wink:

Ok I just assumed that there was some sort of testing involved in the CPC even if its just a quick demonstration or whats the point?

Ok I just assumed that there was some sort of testing involved in the CPC even if its just a quick demonstration or whats the point?

Nope there is nothing which really winds me up! all you have to do is turn up! fill out a bit of paperwork on the way and that's it!

We all think its just another government money making scheme :x

Nope there is nothing which really winds me up! all you have to do is turn up! fill out a bit of paperwork on the way and that's it!

We all think its just another government money making scheme :x

Oh for f*@ks sake :shock:

yeah that was our thoughts when it was brought in :lol:

I am lucky enough to have work pay for it though so its no cost to me :lol:

I should be so lucky not only do I have to take an additional test to get my CPC I will probaly end up working for min wage for the first couple of years so no freebies. Might go for my ADR or HIAB or something as that counts towards it dosent it.

I am not sure about the HIAB or ADR counting towards it

I'm a PCV licence holder so the CPC is a little different although its the same DQC card you get!

I got the first 5 years through grandfather rights then work does all in house training 1 day a year which all counts to the next 5 years

anyway we have gone way off topic here :lol: :lol:

Your disk lock must be very different from mine then

One of these.

http://www.sprocketsbikebits.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/270x325/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/c/fcvbjnk.jpg

And like I said, it's the damper between the hub and the brake disc that makes it a problem, not the type of lock.

• 1 month later...

The twat on the big sports bike who i thought I was going to have to scrape off the side of my car on the M69 the other day. I pulled onto the M69 and sat at my customary 76MPH on cruise control in the middle lane. I was following another car and we both had to pull to the outside lane to overtake a slower car. I looked in my mirror and saw a bike coming down the oustside lane miles back from me. So we pulled out and started our overtake.

The car in front of me then pulled back into the middle lane. I then overtook the car I had been following and then indicated to move to the middle lane to let the bike past. ( who bear in mind had dissapeared from my mirrors shortly after my move into the outside lane). It was only the fact that the bike had got a fairly loud exhaust that I heard him on my LH rear side. I rapidly pulled back into the outside and the twat shot past me doing about 110MPH.

I hope it scared the shit out of him as much as it did to me and that he learnt a lesson from that. IE don't f***ing undertake cars doing F***ing stupid speeds in traffic you twat.

Well the other week I saw an older gentleman on a sports bike (600 I think) and he was wearing a push-bikes helmet...I shit you not. Even I did a double take. Unbelievable. What protection does he expect from that in a crash!

School run mums and dads...

OK I am not a lover of pushbikes but they do have there place and kids cycling to school and round town hops to me is one of them (clogging main roads dressed in lycra is not)...

Its cycling proficiency this week at school last night and today and I have ridden in with my daughter. I have got say the school mums behaviour is appalling, racing to overtake to slow sharply at the next speed bump. Pulling out of junctions a few feet in front of my daughter on her bike. Revving there engines to race passed to get to the RED lights first.

I had been pondering cycling in with her regularly I could leave home later and get home earlier, instead you can deal with the Landrover in your school car park. I know you dont like it unlike the other cars when you drive into it your car gets bent...

Really you have children in the car what time of driver/ rider are you teaching them to be?

The yoof wheelying his off-road (no number plate) dirt bike round the roundabout for the M25 at the top of Dartford this afternoon......yep, complete with his trackies, hoody and Pikey Nike's!..... :roll: