TMBF Rally 2014 15th - 17th August

Stu

well...my fears have just been realised. Having just discussed our annual leave, it would seem that my two bosses have booked their holidays abroad on the same dates, well nearly. One leaves on the 11th and the other on the 15th. Queenie, my work colleague is booked on a computer course on the 15th so If I was to take the day off to travel to the venue, the office would have to shut down. The Monday is also a problem as I will be the only one in who can deal with the clients queries so no travelling back on that date either. I did say I had made arrangements but as I`m not flying any where and no fee for a work course has been paid, I`m obviously the most flexible. They have offered me an extra days leave for the inconvenience so looks like I`ll be missing this years Jamboree AGAIN.

Feckin hell, I`ve just been out and brought a new air bed, sleeping bag and was toying with getting a new tent at the weekend, good job I left that a week. Also had the bike serviced so the long journey would feel extra safe and joined roadside rescue just in case anything did go tits up.

I could try and get down on the Saturday but I don`t want to travel back on the Sunday with a hell of a hang over, I felt like shite the other Sunday after doing so. :wink:

f**k, f**k, f**k.

Stu- stick the tenner behind the bar for a drink or put it towards the forum running costs.

the long journey

I could try and get down on the Saturday but I don`t want to travel back on the Sunday with a hell of a hang over, I felt like shite the other Sunday after doing so. :wink:

f**k, f**k, f**k.

Stu- stick the tenner behind the bar for a drink or put it towards the forum running costs.

2.5 hours (motorway). 2.45 - 3 hours cross-country.

Leave after work on Friday and get there before 10pm - easy!

Leave Sunday evening - and get home in time for kip.

:tumble:

I'll have to curb my drinking on the Saturday night as I will have to leave early on the Sunday - Domino match starts at 12:30 at the 'tute! :shock:

:cheers:

thats shit neil!!

if you can get someone to take your tent up ......cough cough bob gog etc then we can get it put up for you then just come after work

no need to rush there will be plenty of beer then just enjoy the sat night without drinking too much and head back on the sunday

nman not acceptable mate....send your tent with GoG , theres plenty of us to set it up..... you are expressly forbidden from missing another rally.

get your arse down there after work Friday...doesn't need to be a rush.. you get there when you get there.

pull an early finish as exchange for cancelling the day off

Yep....I'm sure we can squeeze your tent onto one of the bikes and get it across to the Rally Neil. As Mandy says, we'll be heading back on Sunday too....c'mon man, you need a break and a laugh with the gang..... 8-)

I`ll push it with the Boss that I leave a little earlier on Friday night. No one will be here but you can bet someone will ring up at normal going home time and then tell them the office was closed. Either that or ride over on the Saturday, make an early start and watch all you lot suffering from Friday nights binge.

And yes Bob, you are right, I do need a break away with some good drinking buddies and like bikers. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and thanks a lot for the offers of carrying and pitching the tent.

Leave it with me.

I could also carry your tent there but I will be coming back F'ing early on the Sunday so I'd go with Bob's offer.

I'll save you a beer ready for your arrival on Friday.

At 125cc speeds, cross-country, abiding by all speeding restrictions, allowing for all traffic lights to be at red and 1 detour due to a road closure = 4hrs (maximum).

Therefore, leave work at 5pm (30 mins to pack the bike), get there at 9:30pm (just after sunset) - simples!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

For anyone who's been there already... Are there any trees in the camping bit from which one could sling a hammock?

Neil - I'll be leaving after work on the Friday (all things going well) and going cross country if you fancy a riding buddy.

For anyone who's been there already... Are there any trees in the camping bit from which one could sling a hammock?

Neil - I'll be leaving after work on the Friday (all things going well) and going cross country if you fancy a riding buddy.

Cheers Ian for the thought, I`ll be riding over on the Saturday.

Awesome, just got a call from dear old Ma and Pa saying that they've ordered me a pannier rack as a birthday gift and will be shipping it to Cambridge a little early so I have it for the rally! Fingers crossed I can actually get the panniers to stick on it in time... Would certainly make it easier to shift a pillion and enough camping equipment for two people (saw the pillion in half, one bit in the left pannier and one in the right - perfectly balanced, nice).

Calling Motorworks at 9am, I guess :lol:

If I maintain my usual level of incompetence, Cambridge members can expect me to beg them for help fitting the damn things no doubt :oops:

nice one Ollie... im already attempting to pack enough gear on 3 bikes for 4 people , plus 3 lots of camping gear..... involving a lot of kneeling on panniers , and bouncing up and down... interspersed with copious amounts of sweating and swearing in turn , ;lol

nice one Ollie... im already attempting to pack enough gear on 3 bikes for 4 people , plus 3 lots of camping gear..... involving a lot of kneeling on panniers , and bouncing up and down... interspersed with copious amounts of sweating and swearing in turn , ;lol

I was thinking i might just order my tent to be delivered to the venue.... lol

My Hermes 8-)

Good job I thought to ring the venuen to ask what payment method they accept - They had 'lost' my booking!

Gill was the only one who (according to them) had a room booked - They even asked if i was sharing it! :shock:

Anyhoo, I AM booked and have (my own) room. They may even have vacancies (if anyone else wants to (not) rough it).

NB. They do not accept AmEx - Visa or cash is OK.

:cheers:

Got my panniers and fitting kit ordered in time, yay :D

Just got to pray the rack arrives in time! Website said 5 to 7 working days, so at the latest they'll arrive on the Friday of the rally... Fingers crossed for an early delivery and no problems fitting them!

if you can't fit it in time try and bring it along anyway, megawatt will LOVE to have a reason to use his angle grinder and welder :mrgreen:

Only one flaw with this plan Craig.....Megawatt isn't going to be there..... :wink: