7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@fastbob looks great apart from the hideous plastic fork 😆

Im curious what these semi poisonous sachets are?

Well surely you've eaten noodles before . They don't all come in a pot . By pure chance I had noodles and tuna for my tea today because I wanted to get cracking on the Triumph . 

IMG_20210106_213526731.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Well surely you've eaten noodles before . They don't all come in a pot . By pure chance I had noodles and tuna for my tea today because I wanted to get cracking on the Triumph . 

do you eat pot noodles as well Bob 

One of my very, very, tenuous claims to fame was a picture of me in cool shades and a black t-shirt in Back Street Heroes Mag ... on the front it said   "Death before Disco" 

on the back it said "Death before Pot Noodle" ..... 

How things have changed ......:classic_biggrin:

OH, and just to clear a few things up ..

I also invented Moped Mayhem and Skateboards ....

......:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Trooper74

The real reason I happen to have plastic cutlery is that my motorcycle camping kit is derived from my cycling camping kit . The item  in the picture is actually a children's fork stolen from the restaurant in IKEA . Great places to stuff your pockets full of HP Sauce sachets prior to a camping trip . 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fastbob said:

No Im having a conversation about spoons that are good for eating noodles but have never eaten them before 🙄 

I buy plain noodles- on there own, there’s nothing else in the packet, I flavour them myself and mistakenly assumed you did the same so wondered what the sachets were. Didn’t know grown ups ate the other sort, always assumed they were meant for children and students 😆

15 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No Im having a conversation about spoons that are good for eating noodles but have never eaten them before 🙄 

I buy plain noodles- on there own, there’s nothing else in the packet, I flavour them myself and mistakenly assumed you did the same so wondered what the sachets were. Didn’t know grown ups ate the other sort, always assumed they were meant for children and students 😆

nah students eat beans :thumb:

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I make an excellent Chow Mein myself in the comfort of my own kitchen . But when I've ridden 300+ miles and there isn't a chip shop in sight and I've just put up my tent in the pissing rain while being bitten to f*** by a cloud of Midges , the idea of some semblance of a hot meal prepared in minutes has a strong appeal . And while we're at it ,yes , I do cook inside my tent when it's raining and I don't set myself on fire because I have skill and judgment combined with reasonably good hand - eye coordination . 

Edited by fastbob

6 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I make an excellent Chow Mein myself in the comfort of my own kitchen . But when I've ridden 300+ miles and I've just put up my tent in the pissing rain while being bitten to f*** by a cloud of Midges , the idea of some semblance of a hot meal prepared in minutes has a strong appeal . And while we're at it ,yes , I do cook inside my tent when it's raining and I don't set myself on fire because I have skill and judgment combined with reasonably good hand - eye coordination . 

Well you say that but I remember a thread some time ago with your things catching fire, a bike and something else that escapes my memory? 🤣

Agree instant food is appealing after a long ride which is why I wondered what the sachets are. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
Do you think your non brand jet boil as good as the original and is it stable, I can’t imagine a frying pan on it

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Well you say that but I remember a thread some time ago with your things catching fire, a bike and something else that escapes my memory? 🤣

Agree instant food is appealing after a long ride which is why I wondered what the sachets are. 

I think I might be confused here . My idea of a Jetboil is the deep pot in the picture . It has a finned heat exchanger on the bottom ( like a radiator in reverse ) It will boil water in around one minute on any decent gas stove . 

11 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I think I might be confused here . My idea of a Jetboil is the deep pot in the picture . It has a finned heat exchanger on the bottom ( like a radiator in reverse ) It will boil water in around one minute on any decent gas stove . 

That’s probably right but ‘Jetboil’ is a brand that charges a fortune for something that looks just like yours. I’m talking 90-140 quid, that’s the jetboil that kicked off the conversation.

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That’s probably right but ‘Jetboil’ is a brand that charges a fortune for something that looks just like yours. I’m talking 90-140 quid, that’s the jetboil that kicked off the conversation.

Screenshot_20210107-091153.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bender said:

By a huge amount . Not only that , the gas cannister fits inside it and the stove sits on top of that along with a cigarette lighter and the NON SCRATCH plastic cutlery fits down the side and stops the whole thing rattling . ( Which is where the whole plastic cutlery shitstorm started in the first place . ) 

Edited by fastbob

13 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

strewth thats an expensive kettle :classic_ohmy: