What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

54 minutes ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Edit: I know, I know, it's a ten year old Triumph, nobody is going to want to steal it 😂. It's more for the contents of the luggage while we're travelling.

I have one on Xena, not that particular alarm, but with motion sensor, just a bit of peace of mind and if it does deter them then that's a bonus.

• Like 3

Took the dust cover off it and flashed it up. Due to family commitments can't ride it until Saturday but its alive. Its also pissing down with rain - again. I sometimes ask myself why I live in this bloody soggy place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Took the dust cover off it and flashed it up. Due to family commitments can't ride it until Saturday but its alive. Its also pissing down with rain - again. I sometimes ask myself why I live in this bloody soggy place.

It's punishment for the 2 days of sun that we have had!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, John Metcalfe said:

Not yoo bad here at minuteScreenshot_20230406-203111_Google.thumb.jpg.b1facb293c99681d0588bdd40813270e.jpg

Screenshot_20230406-203111_Google.jpg

No comparison to what I had last week 😳

I was in tenerife and it topped 32 degree's! Then I came back to 9 degree's and ice in a morning 😮

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

No comparison to what I had last week 😳

I was in tenerife and it topped 32 degree's! Then I came back to 9 degree's and ice in a morning 😮

It gets hotter here from start of May. Last year we had temps of over 50 degrees during day and mid 20s at night

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John Metcalfe said:

It gets hotter here from start of May. Last year we had temps of over 50 degrees during day and mid 20s at night

And that my friend is probably why I do live here as I can't abide the heat. Spend enough of my working time in equatorial locations cursing the climate. Just can't be pleased.

Had the bike, K1200s in for a service and MOT this week with new boots, T32's, coz they are good in the wet I am told!

Glorious weather all day, at the garage we talked bike bollocks for way too long, 5 minutes of my 20 minute journey home and it hissed it down, hadn't even had time to scrub the labels off the tyres FFS, the tyres/labels did the job and got me and the bike home, both soggy dripping wet, thankfully not long enough  in the wet for that puddle of cold wetness to form around the crutch. 

But why was I surprised, it's the start of a bank holiday, in the UK

So tomorrow, I am going for a ride, all day, and to hell with the weather!

• Like 1

Discovered bike is sick. Should have been more thorough checking it over on Thursday. Brakes are bound on and strange noise from rear axle. Given I've had one rear bearing collapse on me not risking it. Annoying thing is I'm at daughter's place in Barnard Castle with no tools at all. Local bike repairers might be able to fit me in by mid May. So will get it recovered and get to work on it with son in law. Totally pissed! 

• Sad 4

Cancelled the recovery as son in law is coming north on Wednesday so stopping with my dad until then. We collectively reckon it should be an easy enough job if you've got tools.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Fueled it up ready for a 200+ mile ride tomorrow! 

90 mile round trip to fill the tank 😂😂

Hmmmm try 330 odd mile trip today 😂😂

Left home at 0745 and returned at 2100

Hawes and the lake district via all over 😎

• Like 7

On 01/04/2023 at 17:49, Bianco2564 said:

Not selling the Silverwing to an ebay timewaster.

Writing was on the wall with the manner of his messages, so didn't hold out much hope anyway

Seriously - How much do you want?