Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

Today I need to go to The Post Office:scratch:

It's very close to 4 Pubs! :cheers: :classic_biggrin:

Best walk then 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

Today I need to go to The Post Office:scratch:

It's very close to 4 Pubs! :cheers: :classic_biggrin:

Go to the Post Office first. It’s staggering how much further it is back from pubs. 😇

I’ll get my coat.

• Haha 2

Day 5 of somesort of lurgy, probably man flu caught off a grandson (child flu?). I thought my energy levels were returning to more normal for me level. Ie. Only a bit lazy.

But it seems I’m wrong. I feel properly knackered. Unfortunately feet up and rest and recover is not an option since the front door is on my workbench and in the process of being renovated/tarted up. This afternoon will be spent boarding up the gaping hole at the front of the house where the door was, and a second round stripping the varnish off the door.

I may then make time to take a doze… or start treating the garden furniture which another task on my to do list. 

D2710894-1B1F-41AC-90E3-AADCBC2E6A17.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Day 5 of somesort of lurgy, probably man flu caught off a grandson (child flu?). I thought my energy levels were returning to more normal for me level. Ie. Only a bit lazy.

But it seems I’m wrong. I feel properly knackered. 

I had to go into the office in Clydebank immediately before flying out to join the ship. By the time I reached the Bahamas I felt like someone had beaten me all over. Felt utterly shite. Really struggled on the boarding ladder. Lasted for two weeks and then it set off my dodgy sinus so I felt like death warmed over for 3 weeks. Feel fine now but not my most pleasant few weeks.

I was blaming the office but apparently my youngest grandson has been happily spreading some kind of plague around so it may have been his.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I had to go into the office in Clydebank immediately before flying out to join the ship. By the time I reached the Bahamas I felt like someone had beaten me all over. Felt utterly shite. Really struggled on the boarding ladder. Lasted for two weeks and then it set off my dodgy sinus so I felt like death warmed over for 3 weeks. Feel fine now but not my most pleasant few weeks.

I was blaming the office but apparently my youngest grandson has been happily spreading some kind of plague around so it may have been his.

My youngest grandson is a serial infector*. Born 3 years ago during covid restrictions we wonder if the lack of exposure to bugs has left him susceptible to whatever’s going around at his nursery. We had a week’s holiday with them last week so I spent a great deal of time in his company.

*Is “Infector” a word? If not then it should be. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steve_M said:

My youngest grandson is a serial infector*. Born 3 years ago during covid restrictions we wonder if the lack of exposure to bugs has left him susceptible to whatever’s going around at his nursery. We had a week’s holiday with them last week so I spent a great deal of time in his company.

All toddlers are walking germ warfare spreaders. And it continues through to primary school. Years ago we lived in a newtown estate outside Warrington.  New people  (ie new infections) were always moving in. I was ill almost the entire time we lived there. 

• Like 2

Good morning

Had a long weekend in Anglesey with a friend who came up from London, but it has thrown my body clock into a weird place. I was at Jui-Jitsu training with my girlfriends dad last night, and my brain was telling me it was midnight at 8pm. Which would be fine, but I'm waking up super early with 4-5 hours sleep :lol:

It's going to be a long rest of the week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve_M said:

My grandchildren will, henceforth, be known by this term. 

I used to call my oldest grandson Bacterial Bill on account of his plague spreading. His youngest cousin now has the mantle.

• Haha 3

On 15/08/2023 at 19:58, Steve_M said:

My granddaughter tried killing me with everything from colds to foot and mouth with the crowning achievement capped off with viral meningitis.

There is a newer version of Omicron that is taking over the COVID race it's slightly worse than the current one and it is on the rise again, nothing like pandemic levels but it's not gone yet.

• Like 2

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: I'm actually going to ride my bike today! :shock:

It's booked in for MOT but  I might go the long way :classic_biggrin:

I've already taken my car this morning and that passed :thumb:

looks like I'm starting new job early Sept. :thumb:

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Bender said:

There is a newer version of Omicron that is taking over the COVID race it's slightly worse than the current one and it is on the rise again, nothing like pandemic levels but it's not gone yet.

It's never going to be gone any more than flu or the common cold. We've got it forever. The Chinese gift that keeps on giving. Unlike their motorbikes.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

It's never going to be gone any more than flu or the common cold. We've got it forever. The Chinese gift that keeps on giving. Unlike their motorbikes.

I know it's not gone or going but lots of folk appear to have forgot 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Or very much like their motorbike - they spread particles everywhere.

• Haha 2

Good morning,

Got my brother over this weekend, and girlfriend is coming home from the Isle of Wight, so my peace is about to be disrupted.

Had a funny little drama early in the week, an old girlfriend messaged to say she was in town for work, and suggested meeting up. If it was a coffee, I've done that before with someone else as it's public so no chance of wrong ideas/gossip, and usually they are all wifed up with someone else. But this one has tried to meet up in the past, and been a bit flirty when I had agreed, leading to me politely backing out, so I did the same here. 

Told my girlfriend who I thought would find it funny like the previous times, but she went defcon 3 that she'd done it again. Her twin sister found it funny.

As she soothed, I reminded her that she told me anything like this is best to be fed back when it happens, and I'm sure she would do the same in my boat... A very telling silence followed, at which point I found out she'd had a guy she went on a single date with years back in her messages all week after he saw her out with friends. I said "oh, so one rule for thee, but not for me?" She said "I was going to tell you when I was back". Her twin sister found it funny :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1