Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

10 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

great how your thinking ahead but have tou actually tried it out? how do you know its right for you without having tested it with them?  Not being picking have have you or anyone else has kids or babies tou could borrow for a bit to work out actually how much shite youll need or things are actually good ideas 😱🤭.

Sometimes it might feel right now but dont pin yourself to it financially for ages either... we started with one, were on our forth car with one kid at 11, i know some have done more.

admitted one car died, pcp term finished 😢missed it but potentially dodged a bullet? Wife passionatly hated one (admittedly i had no love for it nor no real positives but it did do stuff, loves this one but hopefully will beable to keep this one for a good few more years to come cos at the mo nothing we see that fits the bill as well. 
nothing wrong with saving a shed of money on a slightly used car (long term), or trusting a well looked after gem...ive been on the three scales and know others have, up to you just saying.

My girlfriend has a twin sister who has two kids, and her car has been great apparently. I've seen them loading prams and all sorts into the back, and the rear door swing was good. It's a compact SUV so I used that as my reference, and the Kia has a slightly larger boot, a lower boot lip and the rear doors are fairly similar in the size of opening. 

I'm careful with comparing to others, as some people consider a 1 litre fast enough. So that's why I had a big emphasis on not being bored by the engine.

I buy my cars outright usually, sometimes with help from a personal loan, only done PCP once and while I see the advantages to it in certain cases, it's not for me. With the Kia, I'm going approved used so I get the full 7 year warranty, which I'm pleased with. As I intend to run this thing into the ground, unless any major issues pop up that make it more economical to replace. 

But you're right, could have kids in a couple of years, and end up with a lot of envy of friends who have the Sportage. A bigger SUV type. But I can blame that on the mrs, as she didn't like the interior of that model :lol: 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

'Ti's pretty damn chilly this evening.  -7 already. 

Which reminds me, I need to recharge the batteries for my gloves. I had to go up to the red setting on the way home!!!!

I went out to meet up with a couple of mates, it was 2 degrees but my hands were toasty ( except right on the finger tips) due to having gloves on the red setting… riding back home my fingers were chilled to the bone coz I’d forgotten to charge the batteries 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Morning all

Soon be time for holibobs (Madeira) - Note: No tags listed ( I'll just go for the hog roast then).

pig bacon GIF

Have you been before, we have thought about it, we're running out of short haul destinations.

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Have you been before, we have thought about it, we're running out of short haul destinations.

Hi @Bender, we've been about 4 times, in fact just booked to go out in October for 14 nights, we stay in Funchal.

Can get very busy with the cruise liners during the day, but evenings are nice.

Depends on what you want from a holiday, we call it our Fly & Flop after a hectic summer, we just go to relax😂.

20231108_091449.jpg

20231109_094951.jpg

Edited by oldgrump
Photo's
  • Like 2

I'm under house arrest minding our two youngest grandchildren. There's a reason parents are young. The bizarre logic of 3 and 4 year old turns my head inside out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

I'm under house arrest minding our two youngest grandchildren. There's a reason parents are young. The bizarre logic of 3 and 4 year old turns my head inside out.

We only have 1 young grandchild, he stopped over first time last night, the amount of stuff that came with was ridiculous, I'm not sure the 8 seater is big enough.

God it was exhausting, we are both ready for going to sleep now, we are going out in an hour, this is second child, first one is 14, why anyone in their right mind would actively decide to have children is beyond me 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2