Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hmm....is our electricity panel supposed to look like this?

20240603_085135.jpg

Feckin' Nora!!

I'd say your RCD's aren't doing their job.

Is it that 4" nail you've put in place of the fuse? 😂

Edited by Simon Davey
Smelling corrections.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hmm....is our electricity panel supposed to look like this?

20240603_085135.jpg

Impressive seeing that on the neutral side. What on earth (pun intended) happened?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

thats what happens when your on the neutral side every body hates you and doesn't trust as you dont know what to expect.

Futurama Whatever GIF

Angry Zapp Brannigan GIF

water leak as first level notice the very bad rusting on the screws and corroded so badly that its shortened/build up too much resistance? 

Edited by RideWithStyles
autocorrect

No water leak, it's inside the garage which is bone dry. I suspect one of the screws was slightly loose allowing the sparky stuff to get over excited. The corrosion is simply due to having got rather hot.

• Like 3

Just found out the girlfriend of a newly acquired friend of mine - was the paramedic who helped me when I got hit head on by a car in 2019, small world 🤔

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, peepae said:

Just found out the girlfriend of a newly acquired friend of mine - was the paramedic who helped me when I got hit head on by a car in 2019, small world 🤔

Steal her, she's a keeper.....

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

No water leak, it's inside the garage which is bone dry. I suspect one of the screws was slightly loose allowing the sparky stuff to get over excited. The corrosion is simply due to having got rather hot.

Loose connection, excess heat, cycling all the time, will have tarnished the screws multiple times and the connection just gets worse and worse....looking at it looks like it's been the main neutral feeding the rail.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

Defo rust on the leccy board there's been some moisture in there from somewhere me thinks..

Rust is oxidation, which can be caused by moisture as we all know, but can equally be caused by heating steel. Normal levels of moisture in the air are then sufficient to cause oxidation.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Rust is oxidation, which can be caused by moisture as we all know, but can equally be caused by heating steel. Normal levels of moisture in the air are then sufficient to cause oxidation.  

work in parts of an very old factory that have leaky areas/hot/cold/damp and old machines older than me that draw way more power than what you have there that dont do that....just saying something isnt right.

• Like 1