Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

I am feeling smug this morning.

I volunteered for something which involves a pretty huge amount of training and takes me well outside my comfort zone in terms of handling technology.

Next week I have three days doing the first live event. There was a pre-meeting last night on Zoom at the end of which was an optional additional meeting to cover one of the six parts of the programme. 

I was pretty knackered by then but stuck with it and did the additional meeting which finished quite late.

There was a one in six chance I'd pull that part of the process, and a five in six chance I'd be on something else.

And this morning an email telling me I'm covering that part. Which is great because right now it's the only bit I really understand. 

• Like 4

I absolutely detest British winters. Don't mind properly cold ones with lots of snow as you can do fun things in snow. Don't mind mild sunny ones like many Mediterranean countries have some of the time. What's not to like.? But ours? Raw, damp, grey and generally horrible.  There's nothing that's worth doing in that kind of crap. f**king hate it.

• Like 5

I miss the sun. Without it, my eyes ache, brain goes fuzzy, and I can't make any decisions. My inner bear just wants to hibernate.

Hanging in there, waiting for March.

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

I hate my boss...

Got a box of chocolates and a bottle of red wine as xmas present. There goes the diet down the drain. 🙄

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's really too good for firewood. We have a large firepit for the garden so I can use it for that if all else fails but I think a pirate ship might be a project.

Never, you should see some of the oak I've burnt 😁 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

It's really too good for firewood. We have a large firepit for the garden so I can use it for that if all else fails but I think a pirate ship might be a project.

Nate Pirate Ship GIF by Barstool Sports

Dear Scotland (Dumfries and Galloway / Scottish Borders).

Thank you for not raining on my route today. It would be nice if you were a bit warmer, though a coldest temperature of 5 degrees isn’t bad for this time of year. Now if you could just clear all the mud, gravel and various bits of detritus off the road surfaces, that would be excellent. 

Cheers,

Steve

BAB85187-A7C0-4348-B344-F97A47C0A788.jpeg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Dear Scotland (Dumfries and Galloway / Scottish Borders).

Thank you for not raining on my route today. It would be nice if you were a bit warmer, though a coldest temperature of 5 degrees isn’t bad for this time of year. Now if you could just clear all the mud, gravel and various bits of detritus off the road surfaces, that would be excellent. 

Cheers,

Steve

BAB85187-A7C0-4348-B344-F97A47C0A788.jpeg

PS

Could you also let him find a phone with a better camera as its not doing the quality of the scene any favours 😁 

That's a great pic

• Haha 1