Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

16 hours ago, onesea said:

ย 

Is it a nice ride in? Is there safe parking for your bike?

You asked what not to like, then you cannot have everything..

ย 

It's not a bad ride just short it's only about 15 mins from home, and parking couldn't be any better, it's inside at the rear in a loading bay with a nice area just big enough for a bike to fit in :lol:

1 hour ago, Mickly said:

Weathers looking lovely - off to Donnington Classic bike festivalย :bike2:

No Iโ€™m not.. just got there and itโ€™s a Car historic festival - despite what f*cking MCN says ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 30/04/2022 at 10:19, Mickly said:

No Iโ€™m not.. just got there and itโ€™s a Car historic festival - despite what f*cking MCN says ๐Ÿ˜ก

well you know what MCN stands for MORE CRAP NEWSย 

Edited by skyrider

Ill.ย  Better half has covidย  I'm testing negative but feel shiteย  chesty cough but do sound like Lee Marvin singing wondering star. Meant to be on leave this week to do stuff round the house.ย 

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I went out for a cycle ride with my good lady wife and found these guys run out of steam on a hillย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_20220502_111451955_HDR.jpg

Did you offer to give them a push to the top? ๐Ÿคฃ

And relax!!

ย 

Hectic weekend this week! Loads of alcohol and food ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Mates wedding that I was best man at! I think I am broken!ย 

ย 

Work tomorrow for a restย 

• Like 4

Good morning :thumb:

ย 

Great ride yesterday, but it was hairy at times, Going from Rosedale Abbey towards Castleton the low cloud made visibility next to zero at times. Unfortunately didn't get any photos which is a shame, one of the downsides of group rides you can't really stop when you want to, never mind might do a solo run at some point and stop as much as I want to and take photos :thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

ย 

Great ride yesterday, but it was hairy at times, Going from Rosedale Abbey towards Castleton the low cloud made visibility next to zero at times. Unfortunately didn't get any photos which is a shame, one of the downsides of group rides you can't really stop when you want to, never mind might do a solo run at some point and stop as much as I want to and take photos :thumb:

That's a lovely road. If you do it again on your own, when you meet the Castleton Road head for Castleton and then take the 1st left. It takes you over Kildale Moor and eventually into Stokesley, another cracker ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

Good morning!

ย 

This weekend, I chopped in my Blackbird. I was running out of road with insurance as most places would only offer classic insurance on it, which is cheaper but doesn't accrue no claims bonus.ย 

I'd wanted a later CBR600F, but dealers were asking top condition prices for things that had been down the road, missing keys, service history. My backup two bikes were the Z750S and the SV650S. I went for the Kwak initially as I'd not had a Z750S before, and didn't gel with it. The mirrors turned everything behind into a picasso painting they were so vibey, the seat was too narrow, and it felt a bit heavy.ย 

ย 

So, I went for my third SV.ย 

52045971467_2e45412d33_c.jpg

52047522790_6c37f7aa53_c.jpg

ย 

Should keep me out of trouble, and let my focus more on projects as I was getting a bit spread thin recently.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Looks nice!!ย :thumb: very clean bike

ย 

Thanks!

Feeling like I got a good deal on it, as the prices for SV's has always been a bit all over the place. This was only ยฃ100 more than one in the same colours, similar mileage but was a CAT N write off :shock:ย 

Always fancied the curvy carbie one as well, looked like a baby TL1000. So once the ER is done, will be on the lookout for that, or a steel framed CBR in rough condition. That's what I think is next project wise as I can either do a resto job, or if it needs too much, a track bike build.ย 

ย 

• Like 1