Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

4 hours ago, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

Just to let it be known I am no longer on the market I am now dating, she is a very nice girl from Coventry and a biker too :yay:

@fastbob Be afraid be very afraid you might see me and Xena around quite frequently :lol:

Ah, girls from Coventry. Oh happy days… 

Sorry, I got a bit carried away there. Congratulations. 

4 hours ago, dynax said:

Just to let it be known I am no longer on the market I am now dating, she is a very nice girl from Coventry and a biker too :yay:

@fastbob Be afraid be very afraid you might see me and Xena around quite frequently :lol:

If she is handy with the spanners too, sounds like a dream woman.

8 hours ago, dynax said:

Hmmm … Nice Girl - Coventry… nope you got me there…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bud said:

If she is handy with the spanners too, sounds like a dream woman.

Dynax’s date when she sees his bike 

D57AEBF4-E17E-4FBA-9D87-925CA4EBF63B.thumb.jpeg.cf761d9b3fc36841129af67b996dec28.jpeg🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

Good evening. 

A fine day spent wandering around Langdale (Great and Little). We had an interesting little diversion to the Little Langdale quarry. What a place. Suffice to say we had a fine time exploring this disused quarry, and the huge cathedral sized cave . Well worth a quick explore (you can ride right by it on trail bikes, or mountain bikes).

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

My Forma Adventure boots arrived yesterday courtesy of a gift from work seem v well made boot and extremely comfy! 

IMG_20220521_111205.jpg

What the bloody hell is that cat up to?

48 minutes ago, goat said:

What the bloody hell is that cat up to?

He's nothing short of a terrorist he caught a 2 birds in one day the other day and has his sights set on a squirrel now 😬

• Like 1

I've just been through my bees and the grumpy hive was obnoxious. So I've found the queen and bumped her off. Now they're queenless they'll go even more beserk.

I'll leave it until Friday then search out any queen cells they've made to raise themselves a new queen. But that one would have the same genes as the evil queen so I'll destroy those. 

Then I'll put in a frame of eggs from a hive with a calm queen and they can raise themselves a new leader with better behaviour.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I've just been through my bees and the grumpy hive was obnoxious. So I've found the queen and bumped her off. Now they're queenless they'll go even more beserk.

I'll leave it until Friday then search out any queen cells they've made to raise themselves a new queen. But that one would have the same genes as the evil queen so I'll destroy those. 

Then I'll put in a frame of eggs from a hive with a calm queen and they can raise themselves a new leader with better behaviour.

I believe some thing similar is happening between the 2nd and 5th of June.

Been awake since 4. Seems my body has decided to liquefy its insides and force them north and south out of my body. I do not feel good. 🤢

Good afternoon,

Back from a holiday, and I'm fairly shattered. Did about 50 miles of walking in a few days, in temperatures often hitting 30 degrees. 

Came back to some bike parts, so back to the ER project this week!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon,

Back from a holiday, and I'm fairly shattered. Did about 50 miles of walking in a few days, in temperatures often hitting 30 degrees. 

Came back to some bike parts, so back to the ER project this week!

I've got a pile of surplus bits now that I've fitted another head . Loads of dowels , a good pair of oil pipes , a complete set of cam caps , head bolts and various head cover special bolts . Anything you want , let me know . I fired mine up on Sunday and It's running really well . Once it warmed up I yanked on the throttle and this thing really screams . So far no signs of overheating or coolant leaks . Looks like using the best bits from three engines has paid off . I'm already toying with the idea of doing a tour of Scotland on it before I flog it . 

IMG_20220519_194711583.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 3

Last 1/3rd of the final night of my long weekend at work, bit of R&R before I’m back Friday night. Throttle lock arriving tomorrow, new front tyre on Wednesday and then Friday (at work) marks the start of the final fortnight to plough through. 7 more night shifts before the start of my annual leave and holiday tour of western Austria and the Dolomites.

glorious!!

• Like 1