Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Happy weekday nice people :thumb: 

Hi for everybody else 😂

So after some debating and struggle I had to order the new kitchen..

And to be honest got tired of hearing that I've been planning the new kitchen for the last 3 years... 🙄

So today I got the worktops and units will be arriving next week. (He says in his optimistic tone).

Was advised to get the jig for the joints for the worktops.

They said this is the one I need

worktop-jig-700mm-solid-laminate-2015-lg.jpg

Got it today...

image.thumb.jpeg.df57c8a44653cb8db2b828a226fbb340.jpeg

bloody thing is ginormous 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.846ce478d6a366ee1711451dbb60aea7.jpeg

Any kitchen fitters around in need of this?

Will be available once I'm done fitting the kitchen.

And for the look of it I can't take more than a few days doing it. 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, husoi said:

Happy weekday nice people :thumb: 

Hi for everybody else 😂

So after some debating and struggle I had to order the new kitchen..

And to be honest got tired of hearing that I've been planning the new kitchen for the last 3 years... 🙄

So today I got the worktops and units will be arriving next week. (He says in his optimistic tone).

Was advised to get the jig for the joints for the worktops.

They said this is the one I need

worktop-jig-700mm-solid-laminate-2015-lg.jpg

Got it today...

image.thumb.jpeg.df57c8a44653cb8db2b828a226fbb340.jpeg

bloody thing is ginormous 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.846ce478d6a366ee1711451dbb60aea7.jpeg

Any kitchen fitters around in need of this?

Will be available once I'm done fitting the kitchen.

And for the look of it I can't take more than a few days doing it. 🙄

We’ve agreed that, though I’ve fitted three kitchens in the past, we’re going to let the professionals loose on our new kitchen. It’ll take them about a month vs probably double that if I did it. 

Have fun. 

• Haha 2

My son had a completely new kitchen installed in his ancient cottage. It took 3 weeks and that included ripping out everything including the floor and some stonework renewal as well. His wife and kids buggered off to his in laws leaving him camping at home. I think if it's done properly (which it was) a degree of time is unavoidable. Not cheap either and being a tight bast*rd myself I wouldn't have done it.

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

We’ve agreed that, though I’ve fitted three kitchens in the past, we’re going to let the professionals loose on our new kitchen. It’ll take them about a month vs probably double that if I did it. 

Have fun. 

So are you using the jig I'm confused 😂 I've a router you can borrow if your doing it yourself, if your not doing it then the kitchen fitters will have one so you won't need it, still confused 😂 

If it's going spare I will take it 😁 it will go with my router nicely 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

About to 'vanish' to Antigua for a couple of weeks then, when I get back I'll be out on t'bike (tagging).

You?

Very nice! hope you enjoy it 

Yeah all good here just got back from a ride out :D 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bender said:

So are you using the jig I'm confused 😂 I've a router you can borrow if your doing it yourself, if your not doing it then the kitchen fitters will have one so you won't need it, still confused 😂 

If it's going spare I will take it 😁 it will go with my router nicely 

I'll be doing it from top to bottom (or the other way round).

Instead of tiling will use laminate splashback.

I have a good Bosh router that will do the job.

Just don't need that enormous jig in the garage. Have no plans to fit another kitchen :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, husoi said:

I'll be doing it from top to bottom (or the other way round).

Instead of tiling will use laminate splashback.

I have a good Bosh router that will do the job.

Just don't need that enormous jig in the garage. Have no plans to fit another kitchen :)

Put it with the welding wire 😁 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dynax said:

As it is such a nice day, I Will get my tackle out and stick my rod in big wet hole shortly :thumb:

So when are you going to go fishing, will there be time after. :seeya:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JRH said:

So when are you going to go fishing, will there be time after. :seeya:

I didn't blank which is a bonus, one small Perch and a rather nice 1/2 pound Chub that put up a good fight on my light whip :thumb:

Good morning. 

Off to the coast at dinner time today for a week.

Hull tonight. 

Sea air and relaxation 😌 

Still buggered with this long covid shite though. 

Steroids are strange things, I take them, feel great for an hour then relapse badly and struggle to breath....

Had free tickets for the rugby last night but it was deemed a stupid move....lol

Can't wait to have a beer....lol

Although bright side.  I've been telling everyone I gave up ale for lent.

Have a good weekend all

• Like 2

Just now, MikeHorton said:

Not my favourite newspaper by any means but worrying news with cost of living HMRC is taking no prisoners! 

Flapjacks come unstuck as tribunal rules the treats are not cakes https://mol.im/a/10723537 via https://dailym.ai/android

Can't even click on it mate....lol

Against my religion 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was just the flapjack headline drew me in on my news feed. I love a flapjack, to summarise if it's a standard flapjack or one with a bit of a topping it's a cake. Jazz it up too much and you risk it becoming a celebratory treat and then you have to put v.a.t. on top.

If people are gluing themselves to tankers over the environment. Then brothers we need to make a stand for the honour of a flapjack action is needed!!! 

• Haha 1

Just now, MikeHorton said:

It was just the flapjack headline drew me in on my news feed. I love a flapjack, to summarise if it's a standard flapjack or one with a bit of a topping it's a cake. Jazz it up too much and you risk it becoming a celebratory treat and then you have to put v.a.t. on top.

If people are gluing themselves to tankers over the environment. Then brothers we need to make a stand for the honour of a flapjack action is needed!!! 

I love a bit of flap jack.

On the newspaper link....

Anyone remember when the s*n did the holidays for a fiver?

Well long story short. Someone bought a copy and brought it into the house.  Well, it was Lisa and she has never been forgiven....lol

A ceremonial burning took place in the garden along with a solemn oath it would never happen again....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few years ago I went into newsagent for a drink and the girl on counter handed me a copy.

" We are giving free copies to every customer today"

I gave it straight back :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tiggie said:

A few years ago I went into newsagent for a drink and the girl on counter handed me a copy.

" We are giving free copies to every customer today"

I gave it straight back :lol:

I remember them doing that....lol

Pins in eyes springs to mind😂

Still the case though that certain areas of the mainstream media basically run the country and have the power and influence to brain wash the general public.

And I'm not saying its entirely one sided.

But when you have 80% of the daily newspapers of right leanings and the government have them in their pocket then unbiased reporting is very difficult. 

I saw a headline last week pleading for the public to let Johnson get on with his job after he was caught breaking the law again.

This was an extreme case of political brainwashing and to then put Johnson in direct comparison with Churchill was astounding and frankly dangerous. 

We are not at war but according to the DM we are.....

Anyway off to read me Guardian....lol