Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 10/04/2022 at 20:16, rennie said:

:classic_biggrin: We're still here! Good to see you :thumb:

Cheers Rennie 😀

Evening all, my Colditz trip is yet again postponed thanks to P&O so it's a Luxembourg & Germany trip with lots of scouring of@Gerontious posts for tips, in September.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tankbag said:

Cheers Rennie 😀

Evening all, my Colditz trip is yet again postponed thanks to P&O so it's a Luxembourg & Germany trip with lots of scouring of@Gerontious posts for tips, in September.

I’m at work tonight, but will upload a route map for the Eifel and Luxembourg tomorrow. If you’re looking for an affordable Hotel, then I can heartily recommend The Schloss at Neuerburg. 12 miles from Vianden.

https://www.schlosshotel-neuerburg.de/en/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

I’m at work tonight, but will upload a route map for the Eifel and Luxembourg tomorrow. If you’re looking for an affordable Hotel, then I can heartily recommend The Schloss at Neuerburg. 12 miles from Vianden.

https://www.schlosshotel-neuerburg.de/en/

I would very much appreciate that, thanks. Bytheway, Do you have a user name on Calimoto for uploaded trips ?

Edited by Tankbag

Good evening :thumb:

Finally sorted out and booked my DAS training, booked a 4 day course spread over 1 morning a week with MOD1 practice on a Sunday, starting the end of May which was the earliest slot I could get.

Which is great as I can arrange the time off with work and jobs can be arranged around my time off :yay:

• Like 7

Well that was a fun evening. My father-in-law who is in his 90's got locked in our loo because the lock snapped. Turns out the lock is a Legge P14 thumbturn which hasn't been in production for years. 

I did try to solder the bit that broke but before it got hot enough for the solder to flow the metal casting melted. 

So it's a case of whistling loudly for the rest of his stay. 

22 hours ago, Tankbag said:

I would very much appreciate that, thanks. Bytheway, Do you have a user name on Calimoto for uploaded trips ?

here you go. And no, Ive never used Calimoto.   The Eifel map only shows north of the Mosel, but drop south into the Hunsruck and there are some great roads that wind down to the river, especially between Cochem and the Rhine.   And if you can.. visit Piesport. especially the viewpoint above the village on the north bank. No photo can possibly do justice to the view and the twisty road down to the river crossing isn't too bad either.

eifel.pdf Luxembourg.pdf

Edited by Gerontious

23 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

here you go. And no, Ive never used Calimoto.   The Eifel map only shows north of the Mosel, but drop south into the Hunsruck and there are some great roads that wind down to the river, especially between Cochem and the Rhine.   And if you can.. visit Piesport. especially the viewpoint above the village on the north bank. No photo can possibly do justice to the view and the twisty road down to the river crossing isn't too bad either.

eifel.pdf 799.23 kB · 0 downloads Luxembourg.pdf 356.32 kB · 0 downloads

Excellent thank you 👍

Good evening all 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Quite surprised to see petrol, here in the back of beyond £1.55 a litre. Job done. Burger King needs me then home.

7566AB09-8CE4-4586-9186-EF100FFCFDA1.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed your BK? I'm possibly going to SBS in Birmingham tomorrow to try some boots on. Looking at these I have a long service gift from work which would cover the cost! 

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/354681

Edited by MikeHorton

13 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Hope you e joyed your BK? I'm possibly going to SBS in Birmingham tomorrow to try some boots on. Looking at these I have a long service gift from work which would cover the cost! 

you won't believe what I bought today.. go on, guess. have a guess. toss a coin. think to yourself how strange coincidences can sometimes be.

not the same but almost. almost.. but not quite. shorterer and brownerer.

IMG_0593.thumb.JPG.039b63defc1e0de09c03284ec891ae64.JPGIMG_0594.thumb.JPG.ef5ec6cab367e23ff28be2fe4eac7134.JPG

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Hope you enjoyed your BK? I'm possibly going to SBS in Birmingham tomorrow to try some boots on. Looking at these I have a long service gift from work which would cover the cost! 

I have a pair of those boots and can thoroughly recommend them.

3 +years in now and very comfy never wet and very warm.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1