Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

12 hours ago, fastbob said:

I've got a pile of surplus bits now that I've fitted another head . Loads of dowels , a good pair of oil pipes , a complete set of cam caps , head bolts and various head cover special bolts . Anything you want , let me know . I fired mine up on Sunday and It's running really well . Once it warmed up I yanked on the throttle and this thing really screams . So far no signs of overheating or coolant leaks . Looks like using the best bits from three engines has paid off . I'm already toying with the idea of doing a tour of Scotland on it before I flog it . 

IMG_20220519_194711583.jpg

It's very likely I'll be in touch, so I'll say thanks well in advance!

I'm hoping to get the engine back in and bolted up soon, and get it running again. Once I've crossed that bridge, I can ride it about for a few weeks and make sure it's all good. Then I'll be stripping it down again, this time much further as I'm going to go through the engine to service what I can. No way is a 52k learner bike going to be spotless :lol:

2 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Baggage handler at a small airfield, or driving something around at one. That is a passenger disembarkation device in the pic

Neither 

And that is @Tiggie just gloating while he waits for his plane!

Hope its like these buses and bloody late 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Neither 

And that is @Tiggie just gloating while he waits for his plane!

Hope its like these buses and bloody late 🤣

Ah, that's your new job, ensuring the buses run late and bunch up so two arrive at once?

1 minute ago, goat said:

Ah, that's your new job, ensuring the buses run late and bunch up so two arrive at once?

I do that already! Did you not know we purposefully do it to annoy everyone 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As I was going out last night there was a bike and a car parked across our drive. The biker very politely asked if I was going out right now and that they wouldn't be a minute. It looked like there had been a bit of an incident between the bike and the car so I asked if he was ok. Turned out he was a motorcycle cop on an unmarked bike and had just pulled the motorist for speeding down the hill where we live.

I've seen unmarked police cars round our way but never an unmarked bike. The blue light were very cleverly hidden.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

As I was going out last night there was a bike and a car parked across our drive. The biker very politely asked if I was going out right now and that they wouldn't be a minute. It looked like there had been a bit of an incident between the bike and the car so I asked if he was ok. Turned out he was a motorcycle cop on an unmarked bike and had just pulled the motorist for speeding down the hill where we live.

I've seen unmarked police cars round our way but never an unmarked bike. The blue light were very cleverly hidden.

A guy I knew (RIP) rode an unmarked bike in Norfolk in the 1990’s. He occasionally turned up at meets with it. He thought it funny to switch on the blues for fun when following you while “making progress” 😇

Good morning and I'm bloody bored. Arrived here in China ready for dry dock on 25th. Docking tomorrow is the instruction but tomorrow has yet to arrive. Sitting at anchor off Shanghai along with lots of others. Can't do a thing and until we get into the yard the clock is on hold so far as counting down the days before I can get off. Should have been home on June 3rd going to be at least July 3rd now.

• Sad 1