Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Beautiful morning here on the misty hills of Mapperley!! And that’s me done with work until Friday 1st July!! Weather looking great for the weekend and a forecast 29c in Austria early next week. Off out to get my euros later.

• Like 5

Bit moist here this morning. damp wet and bloody horrible in fact.

so.. looking at webcams...  the road to the Timmelsjoch Pass. Along the Otz valley.

while I wait for 08:20 to come round so I can upload my Vaccine certificate to the tunnel website.. such excitement eh.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 06.21.37.png

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2

For those wondering why I stayed away for a while.

I've busy with this...

Before

image.thumb.jpeg.05a2ba63150f3547fbbe053407b3ead9.jpeg

After

image.thumb.jpeg.16b77dacd4a8013a2f6ca9d55881ed76.jpeg

Yes the cooker hood is done too :P

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, husoi said:

I've busy with this...

Before

After

Now there's something that takes me back... I remember when my mother had one installed in her kitchen in I think, about 1973 and at the time was the height of cool.

5 hours ago, husoi said:

I've busy with this...

Before

After

Well done well worth the effort mate

• Like 1

Hoping to take the bike out for a shortish spin after work tomorrow. Had a chest infection which is lingering and an angiogram last week so had to wait a week to get out after that and I'm gonna have a triple heart bypass soon so want to try and enjoy some time on the road as it will be 3 months post op before I can get back out on the road 😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Hoping to take the bike out for a shortish spin after work tomorrow. Had a chest infection which is lingering and an angiogram last week so had to wait a week to get out after that and I'm gonna have a triple heart bypass soon so want to try and enjoy some time on the road as it will be 3 months post op before I can get back out on the road 😭

That sounds tough, hope it all goes well 👍

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

Hope it all goes to plan. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you gents I've  been told it might not be a long wait which is good 6 weeks. On the flip side work were not too supportive I've managed to find a more sedate job within the same organisation as I won't be able to pass the physical yearly requirement on the shirt term. More importantly I'm hoping getting back on the big Africa twin when healed won't be an issue as its the perfect bike for me. A routine Dr appointment picked this up last year just the wait for tests took the time. GPs didn't properly manage a genetic issue for the last 15 years which led to this. I know there is a lot in the press about Dr's dishing out statins, however when you get Into your 40s I'd strongly suggest a check up if you have a family history and get some effective meds early doors at 46 I shouldn't be I this position but at least it can be sorted raised cholesterol and blood pressure were not properly addressed in my case even though they knew! 

• Like 2

Lovely morning here on the (not very) misty hills of Mapperley. A day to be spent pottering around the house getting the gear together to pack. Weather looks perfect well into next week. So mostly T-shirts and a warm sweater for the cooler mornings on the tops. Hopefully I’ll have enough space to bring my vented summer jacket.  So that’s my day.

meanwhile on the misty heights of the Grossglockner - it snowed last night.  Feel sorry for the poor wretches doing that road today!!

1E09A4CD-6050-468F-BB18-2BD9411250A9.thumb.png.0fe838851c7c404fb6cb1a9112f0568a.png

21 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Good luck with it and hope it goes well.

• Thanks 1

Good morning (just)

Getting kicked out this weekend as the girlfriend has friends coming over. So I'm camping out down the road at my parents, who are currently in America. So got an evening with my brother and sister planned in. 

Really trying to get the Kawasaki project going now, and got 10 days in total booked off over the next month to get an old CBR600F sorted, and the Kawasaki back together and running. 

• Like 2