Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good evening!

Had a bit of a bumpy week last week going into this one. Got covid, which isn't a problem anymore, I clear it in about 5 days. But I came down with it, the same time I got food poisoning from a Christmas dinner served at work. Suspected to be bacterial, like salmonella. Haven't felt as worn down as I did since my appendix ruptured 2 years ago.

But I'm on the mend, and actually able to go to training tonight. Hopefully that's the illness for the Christmas period dealt with!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Good evening. 
wife is out of hospital now but still needs alot of help and recovery till being independent.

Great to hear she's back home. Wishing her a speed recovery.

Not at all easy being a carer - even just for a while. It can all creep up on you, so take care of yourself too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Good evening. 
wife is out of hospital now but still needs alot of help and recovery till being independent.

Thats good to hear all of you take it steady no need to rush especially the patient, and to the carer remember to smile after the hundreth time your called to do something. Happy xmas and hope you all have a better new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else spent the night tackling wreckage from the storm. My cover for the boats has been destroyed. I've lost most of my beekeeping kit, all blown into the river. The fence is down. Not looking forward to what I find in the morning.

• Sad 9

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Anyone else spent the night tackling wreckage from the storm. My cover for the boats has been destroyed. I've lost most of my beekeeping kit, all blown into the river. The fence is down. Not looking forward to what I find in the morning.

Hopefully not your bees!

• Sad 1

This morning was waste collection day (paper and carboard) I was out at 6.30am collecting as much of the waste paper and carboard from the wheelie bins that had been left out the night before and had blown into the middle of the street, paper and carboard everywhere. I managed to clean a fair chunk of it up before anyone else came out. Some of the neighbours were oblivious to what had happened. 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Not the bees. Just the spare kit not used during the winter. The bees are stapped down with plenty of bricks on top of them.

Does that make them Masonry bees.

Hope destruction be out too bad, we appear to have missed worst of it

Good morning,

At present, the UK is generating more than 50% of its energy with wind power, some benefits of the storm. My facebook is awash with conspiracy nutjobs at the moment who respond to such news with claims the "blades are toxic waste", or that they "use more power to run than they make". It's a weird old world out there now. Or did these muppets just always exist?

Last bit of Christmas shopping for me this morning, 3 hour queues at the Trafford Centre yesterday. So aiming not to be caught in them. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

At present, the UK is generating more than 50% of its energy with wind power, some benefits of the storm. My facebook is awash with conspiracy nutjobs at the moment who respond to such news with claims the "blades are toxic waste", or that they "use more power to run than they make". It's a weird old world out there now. Or did these muppets just always exist?

Yeah they always existed. Back then, a few of them would get a book published and the libraries would classify it under Epistemology or Parapsychology, which was always kept by loos, and that was about the extent of the public attention they were able to get. As a muppet, you couldn't make much money or get much influence in those days.

But social media allows any muppet to publish anything, and its algorithms make it really easy to connect with other muppets, so now I can build a whole lifestyle and income stream on being a muppet. It's big business. 

• Like 3

Good Afternoon :classic_biggrin: That's me off work till next year! :thumb:

All the shopping is done and cards delivered :thumb:

We're going to The Pub tonight :cheers:

We're going to a different Pub Saturday night :cheers:

Guess what we'll probably do Sunday evening? :classic_biggrin: :scratch: :cheers:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1