Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

27 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Just raining here, but I don't mind as I'm wallpapering a bedroom. 

I tried wallpapering for the first time in august. I don’t think I’ve ever sworn so much doing DIY, at one point I said I was going to time travel back find the person who invented wall paper and finish them before they’d had a chance to put the stupid idea forward. Then just one strip of paper from the end whilst sitting with my extremely exasperated head in hands I saw the instructions printed on the inside leaf- paste the paper. The outside was printed saying paste the wall.

I choose to believe it was an awful experience because the instructions were wrong... nothing to do with my ability, or lack of 😂

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I tried wallpapering for the first time in august. I don’t think I’ve ever sworn so much doing DIY, at one point I said I was going to time travel back find the person who invented wall paper and finish them before they’d had a chance to put the stupid idea forward. Then just one strip of paper from the end whilst sitting with my extremely exasperated head in hands I saw the instructions printed on the inside leaf- paste the paper. The outside was printed saying paste the wall.

I choose to believe it was an awful experience because the instructions were wrong... nothing to do with my ability, or lack of 😂

I have been luck enough to marry a serial decorator ... she papers .. brilliantly ... loves doing gloss work ... all i have to do is the ceilings and the doors ... ( and i take the doors off and do them with a roller laid flat ... ) ... and most important of all ... supply coffee and hot food as required ....

Result !:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

My wife detests wallpaper  so not a problem. However she is the most demanding perfectionist when it comes to painting and that's next week's task quality of light permitting. 

So am I but as I’m the only one who does diy I’m only torturing myself!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

wait till you make a start on the ceiling 🤦‍♀️

12 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Evening :D  Last shift of the week! :thumb:

Been off today then back in tomorrow then off Saturday then back in Sunday for 4 days

Well the Sunday for 4 days may well change as we are having service cuts and all rotas and duties are changing which could screw everything up! 

• Confused 1

Good evening.  Survived day 2 of my online course which is proving to be better than I expected.  More of a computer game than a full on simulator which is of course immersive. Had fun messing around off Gibraltar today. Tomorrow we get to go to Singapore which from the navigation point of view is a copper plated bitch.

• Like 2

Need to go get dressed and pick my car up from Work. There was no snow at all at 5am when I went in yesterday, in fact it was raining heavily (so no gritting had been done)

When I finished everywhere was covered, got my car about halfway up a steep hill I need to get up to come home and it wouldn't budge any further. I had to reverse/slide back down which was pretty unnerving with cars parked at the sides :lol:

Took it back to work and walked home

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

18+ minutes isn't a clip, it's a full length feature. I've watched a few of his and he knows his stuff but he does like the sound of his own voice.

I bet you spend more than that watching emmerdale 😛😛