New speed camera

Bender

Gloucestershire Police were trialling them last week in Stroud. Not only do they catch you speeding but also check if you are insured and taxed. Believe they nabbed about 10 people is a single afternoon.

Not sure it's as big a deal as the article says. The mobile speed cameras they currently use already have a one mile range (so at least as far as the new ones), and all that extra tech the article mentions is just about reducing the amount of admin for the copper should the case come to court. It probably means they can pare back the headcount in the traffic department even more. 

Scamera vans don't operate in the dark, this is just a point and shoot hand held that can be deployed any where at anytime.

You often see camera vans, sometimes it's too late, but an unmarked car parked up, no one is going to bat an eyelid.

3 minutes ago, raesewell said:

Err yeah coz I don't know where he is and there is no location in the profile.

Maybe he's afraid that you start stalking him...

I'm ready to vote for Scotland's independence now. :classic_blink:

58 minutes ago, raesewell said:

Oh yeah sorry I am a fully paid up member of Stalkers Inc.

You might have thought that as a Moderator they would lead by example. :classic_blink:

not the clowns we got as mods im afraid .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, raesewell said:

Oh yeah sorry I am a fully paid up member of Stalkers Inc.

You might have thought that as a Moderator they would lead by example. :classic_blink:

You would think wouldn't you 😂 

Folk put far too much information up on the Internet, I would have thought there was enough on this thread to point to up here was Northumberland.

1 minute ago, Tiggie said:

From what I understand our jobs are to look out for spammers and keep @Six30 from only causing a minimum amount of flounces. Nothing about setting an example was mentioned :popcorn:

That's because it's in the super tiny teeny weeny microscopic terms of your contract, that cannot be seen under normal vision :lol:

36 minutes ago, Bender said:

You would think wouldn't you 😂 

Folk put far too much information up on the Internet, I would have thought there was enough on this thread to point to up here was Northumberland.

I don't think the county or town is too much information and would be fairly useless to crooks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Gloucestershire Police were trialling them last week in Stroud. Not only do they catch you speeding but also check if you are insured and taxed. Believe they nabbed about 10 people is a single afternoon.

No bad thing IMO (the highlighted bit).

• Like 1

Absolutely. I think people who drive uninsured should be punished more severely than is currently the case. So many horror stories about uninsured drivers killing innocents usually already under a driving ban etc.

Guest Swagman

What annoys me is they can spend £10,000 on each camera but still cut local police on the streets because they can’t afford them, it’s just easier to nick a motorist/motorcyclist than catch a thief and it also brings in more revenue.

13 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Absolutely. I think people who drive uninsured should be punished more severely than is currently the case. So many horror stories about uninsured drivers killing innocents usually already under a driving ban etc.

Make them stand on the M25 and allow anyone stuck in traffic to slap them twice :classic_laugh:

Aeroplane movie style :lol:

bitch slap GIF