Things to do in Isolation:

onesea

Heh heh heh . Still plenty of work to do . They may be minimalist but I'm still trying to fathom the electrics . Positive Earth , WTF is that all about ? 

IMG_20210106_205305475.jpg

1 hour ago, ZX7R said:

I like box-sets having fallen a little out of love with YouTube recently. I've been watching:

Netflix

• Homeland (all seven series on Netflix)
  • Sons of Anarchy (for the hundredth time)

BBC

• Back to Life 

YouTube

• Shadetree Surgeon
  • FlipNa
  • The Missenden Flyer 
  • Delboy's Garage
  • Allen Millyard

But my find of the year (for me) on YT is Moto Geo which is Jamie Robinson (yes, ex GP rider and Performance Bikes columnist) and the outstanding Moto Stories with Unkie Phil - absolute gold!!

Despite his critics, I quite enjoyed Delboy’s stuff in the past. He seem to have run out of ideas on where to take the channel now, though (how many fork rebuilds can I watch?). Now if he fancies restoring a VFR800fi to original condition... that would be new, and I have just the bike (and would happily source and pay for the parts) 😂

Edited by Steve_M

Try to watch or listen to the entire YouTube content featuring the wonderful Mr Karl Pilkington who , in case you didn't know , has a head like a f*****g orange !  And if you need cheering up on a weekly basis there's always Robert and Toyah's Sunday Lunch . Last week's offering had a couple of outstanding features . https://youtu.be/JdvGo7DsFbQ

Edited by fastbob
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rennie said:

I started learning the guitar in the last 1, when I was at home :thumb:

I'd need to be off work for a long time to actually get anywhere! 😀

I started learning the to play the piano. At this point I remembered how much money my parents wasted on me as a child sending me to piano lessons. 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Like 1

I've got some home projects out of the way to break the monotony of working from home and watching Netflix. 

I demolished my bathroom, all the way back to brick and built it back up again. I'm now converting my garage into a workshop, and got the new bench built yesterday. Hoping to get either a second bike or a project in there in the next month or two. 

TV wise I'm going through the old classics, Long way round/down/up, as well as all the stuff Charley Boorman did away from Ewan, which is on Prime I think. 

8 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I've got some home projects out of the way to break the monotony of working from home and watching Netflix. 

I demolished my bathroom, all the way back to brick and built it back up again. I'm now converting my garage into a workshop, and got the new bench built yesterday. Hoping to get either a second bike or a project in there in the next month or two. 

TV wise I'm going through the old classics, Long way round/down/up, as well as all the stuff Charley Boorman did away from Ewan, which is on Prime I think. 

Bathrooms? We’ve just finished remodelling our bathroom. Similarly, we took it back to brick (or stone, in some places, being a stone built house). That done, we’ve started on what was a shower room, and converting it to a toilet room with an airing cupboard. It seems this is the third of fourth time this room’s been worked on as there are already three layers of tiles on the end wall, each boxed in.

0B1577EA-5921-4AC3-96F5-C5EC179A318C.jpeg

57BFD4B3-E829-42CB-A401-F240815F1E01.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Bathrooms? We’ve just finished remodelling our bathroom. Similarly, we took it back to brick (or stone, in some places, being a stone built house). That done, we’ve started on what was a shower room, and converting it to a toilet room with an airing cupboard. It seems this is the third of fourth time this room’s been worked on as there are already three layers of tiles on the end wall, each boxed in.

0B1577EA-5921-4AC3-96F5-C5EC179A318C.jpeg

57BFD4B3-E829-42CB-A401-F240815F1E01.jpeg

could do with a rad in there.

I’m daily in a different type of isolation ... driving .... driving ... Rotherham to Newcastle and back today .... i’d love to be at home ... doing stuff ... i’m jealous ......

between going to work I have been too busy sorting the house out! 

Finally finished one of the spare rooms after a lot of messing about with deliveries and damaged wardrobes! 

137289240_148087346936146_9072210030400674909_n.jpg

137705115_712158622836534_9076779397673424443_n.jpg

This was taken before I had finished! its all leveled up now! 

On to the next room now which is our main bedroom but I will be building the wardrobes in there myself rather than flat pack! 

But first I need a plasterer but would that be classed as essential 🤔

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

Just skimming or from brick, either way it's not that bad just get stuck in its not that hard 😁 

Ceiling over artex! 

Never tried to plaster it looks hard :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

between going to work I have been too busy sorting the house out! 

Finally finished one of the spare rooms after a lot of messing about with deliveries and damaged wardrobes! 

137289240_148087346936146_9072210030400674909_n.jpg

137705115_712158622836534_9076779397673424443_n.jpg

This was taken before I had finished! its all leveled up now! 

On to the next room now which is our main bedroom but I will be building the wardrobes in there myself rather than flat pack! 

But first I need a plasterer but would that be classed as essential 🤔

It’s looking good.

I tried plastering once. I ended up with more plaster on me than the wall. The wall looked like a relief map of the Lake District, too.  That’s a trade I’ll happily pay for. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve_M said:

It’s looking good.

I tried plastering once. I ended up with more plaster on me than the wall. The wall looked like a relief map of the Lake District, too.  That’s a trade I’ll happily pay for. 

Cheers 

Yeah its something I have always avoided! I wouldn't mind giving it a go in a controlled environment IE not my house :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Ohhhhh artex, with or without asbestos 😬

Board over it, tape joints, fit coving 👍 

Possibly with!! Maybe I should get it tested!! 

Boarding over is a no go as it will lower my ceiling height too much for my plans! and coving is a no go too :lol: 

Probably be a bit more than 10mm as the ceiling is out on places and I would want it flat :lol: 

It's going to be cutting it just fine with the wardrobe doors I will be getting and that 10mm would probably push it in to custom sizes at about 50 quid a door more! 

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Probably be a bit more than 10mm as the ceiling is out on places and I would want it flat :lol: 

It's going to be cutting it just fine with the wardrobe doors I will be getting and that 10mm would probably push it in to custom sizes at about 50 quid a door more! 

👍 

Rip it down it is 😁