Brake lever with internal microswitch

tedco63

Can anyone recommend a brake lever that has the microswitch for brake lights inside the lever itself? So no exposed, external microswitch and just the cables coming out for wiring. Preferably for 1" handlebars as well but that can be overcome as I see 7/8" appears to be the most common. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to play a banjo full stop.

Unless you're Billy Connelly 😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

He's funny. But not when he's playing a banjo.

Nobody is 😛

It would be a paradox being funny and play banjo :thumb: 

I can supply banjo bolts with integral micro switches and also all your Hydraulic, and cooling system pipe work in silicone, PTFE and rubber EPDM ... go to my website and drop me a line ..... 

If you also want world leading traction control systems for your train, track plant or loco .... we do that  ... 👍

www.abhoses.com    ..   www.twitter.com/abhoses

6 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I can supply banjo bolts with integral micro switches and also all your Hydraulic, and cooling system pipe work in silicone, PTFE and rubber EPDM ... go to my website and drop me a line ..... 

If you also want world leading traction control systems for your train, track plant or loco .... we do that  ... 👍

www.abhoses.com    ..   www.twitter.com/abhoses

Oh god it’s your lot who where making all the racket today at Heaton then! 

8 hours ago, Keeper96 said:

Oh god it’s your lot who where making all the racket today at Heaton then! 

Yea that was us !! I was on site as well .... We did a changeout of all the hydrostatic / hydraulic systems and cooling systems on a Class 158 ... We do a high speed idle test to carry out leak checks at the end ... ear defenders time !!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Yea that was us !! I was on site as well .... We did a changeout of all the hydrostatic / hydraulic systems and cooling systems on a Class 158 ... We do a high speed idle test to carry out leak checks at the end ... ear defenders time !!

Small world! I was doing the intermediate couplers on the same unit haha! 

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone for your help, I think I should elaborate slightly - feel free to tell me this doesn't exist at this point.

I don't ride bikes and know very little of them but I'm working on a museum exhibit for a certain UK racetrack which demonstrates what happens when you press your brake lever. So think spinning disc - squeeze lever - callipers close and disc slows down, an indication showing speed and temperature of disc is shown. Keep in mind this is all fabricated and is just showing the core principle of a brake system there are no hydraulics or anything. So what I thought the easiest thing to do would be to take the cables that would run to activate your brake lights and use them to send a signal to our control box which in turn closes the callipers etc. But because this is open to the public we don't like to have exposed switches and cabling.  

I found an image of one where the microswitch had been sealed in an enclosure on the brake lever, the problem I with this is it's from Wish.com. So I might get what I want or I might end up with half a donut. I've added an image of the ones I found. What are the chances of me finding something like that from a reputable resaler. 

Thanks again. 

image.png

I have it ! What you want is a set of right hand switch gear with  a brake lever and clamp off ..... A Harley Davidson ! They are the same on all models including my Sportster . If you want some close ups of the real thing let me know . They are designed so that you can easily run the wires through the handlebars which happen to be 1" in diameter 

Polish_20210120_213713722.jpg

Edited by fastbob