Empty laybys

Stu

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Just announce Xtreme has wont it ... cause he is a fooking big Twat who shags midget Dagos.

In a godforsaken , fly blown , scorching  wilderness so grim that all the inhabitants , excluding the midgets , have abandoned the buildings to the cruel sun .... etc etc etc 

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2021 at 17:10, John Metcalfe said:

Set off home on Wednesday morning and stopped in this layby on Friday lunchtime, somewhere in the Alps between France and Italy

20211105_112840.jpg

20211105_112708.jpg

That's very nice indeed but I feel duty bound to inform you that you appear to be in a carpark . 

Might be seeing it again in June, which will be exceptionally weird. Funny thing is it actually looks small when parked next to the Africa Twin. its only when the Twin is parked next to a more modern GS, (Pauls) that it actually looks small (ish).

AT v GSA.png

• Like 1

Just now, bonio said:

@goat crazy to think you shipped your bike over there. 

Lemme guess, #2 is AZ? Notaclue about #1 and #3.

#4 is possibly Narrfolk.

1  is oregon. 3 is louisiana,  yep 2 is arizona. 4 is Essex.

Not quite a layby and no comparison to some of the pics on the thread but a couple from South Shields this afternoon having completed my last ever refresher training.

20211117_120200~2.jpg

20211117_120218~2.jpg

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Not quite a layby and no comparison to some of the pics on the thread but a couple from South Shields this afternoon having completed my last ever refresher training.

20211117_120200~2.jpg

20211117_120218~2.jpg

Those heed bars look pretty sweet. I've still not ordered mine

2 hours ago, Pie man said:

Those heed bars look pretty sweet. I've still not ordered mine

They are pretty good,I'm well pleased with them. They aren't flimsy at all. I preferred the black version to the silver effect ones.

11 minutes ago, DuRavary said:

Thanks for that. The last time I went over there, in 2019, there was zero visibility so I missed out on the views. 😀

Cheers, that was 2017. I rode into Switzerland and the Sustan Pass in foggy weather. Will get back there at some point.

48 minutes ago, rob m said:

Cheers, that was 2017. I rode into Switzerland and the Sustan Pass in foggy weather. Will get back there at some point.

My daughter worked in Switzerland for six months in 2019 so I went to visit her several times while she was there. Once I went via Northern Italy and had two days of heavy rain and zero visibility, the first when crossing the Simplon and the second going over the St Bernard. I need to go back.

They do lay-bys rather better in Austria, this next to the Plansee on the truly wonderful L255 one of my favourite non-mountainous roads ever. (we will return)

IMG_0178.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 18.34.29.png

And a mini-me lay-by on the Pustertaler High road in Austria ( this is 4 miles from our campsite next June @bonio )

IMG_0113.thumb.jpg.80e712c8411ba4372b7468054bf5ec6b.jpg

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 2