Insert or Strap On (Back Protection)

I'm looking for back protection. The back inserts in my Jackets aren't that good and one of my jackets which I regularly wear when commuting has none at all. I also wear a rucksack, looking for something that will protect my back but will also be comfortable under the rucksack - Any suggestions appreciated 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

I always found the strap on type (oooo eeeeerrrrr) more secure and it will suit whatever you are wearing and no messing about swapping it in to different jackets 

Knox used to be the go to for back protectors 

But try the Sportsbikeshop.co.uk

Yeah I'm thinking of having a ride over to Leeds on Wednesday, hopefully try one or two on for comfort. I will take the Rucksack to see how that sits. I've never owned a strap on 😳 back protector, Two of my best Jackets don't have any or very little back protection. 

• Like 1

I used to use a Forcefield strap on back protector. Rode tens of thousands of miles in it. Very comfortable. Works with all jackets. The only disadvantage was it was a bit hot in hot weather.

• Like 1

I think some where on here I read a badly fitted strap on can be worse for you than a good insert.

Personally I like to be able to put jacket on and go so mine are inserts never felt the need for a strap….

just saying…

I prefer inserts. I have 3 jackets and I've bought d3O or similar for each. Inserts aren't that expensive even for level 2 pieces. Once it's in the jacket you don't have to think about it again. Simpler in the long run than having to strap something to you. 

• Like 1