Harry Dunn. CBT?

Pbassred

The death of a motorcyclist - particularly a young one is heartbreaking.  Does anyone know what licence he had.  What type of bike he was on? Since he was 19, I suspect it was a CBT.

47 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I read that his killer will attend court in the UK next year. Believe it when I see it.

Thought she was doing it via video link. The civil claim has been settled I wouldn't be surprised if there has not already  been an agreement and outcome already reached, suspended sentence probably. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I read that his killer will attend court in the UK next year. Believe it when I see it.

Not what I read . They will remain in the States and give evidence by video link . 

Just a thought . If you believe the Right Wing tabloid press we have apparently been over run by hoards of Romanian nationals . Given that all Romanians drive on the right , you would expect to hear of a much higher incidence of head on collisions but this appears not to be the case . It would seem to take an American to cause such a tragedy .  

Respect to Harry ...

Here in Rotherham, where we have a large immigrant / refugee population, RTA’ s at roundabouts are a common event ....

Drives up to roundabout ... turns right into incoming traffic !!!!!

Over 20 years ago one of my colleague’s husbands, an RAF Warrant Officer, was involved in the same sort of accident. They were based in Germany and had gone back to the U.K. for a wedding and one morning left a B+B on the wrong side of the road. They ran into a motorcycle killing the rider. He got what he deserved, he lost his licence and was given a huge fine and points on his licence. What was more interesting was what the RAF did. They considered his actions to be so serious they demoted him down to an airman with not only a reduction in pay and loss of earned pension but the family had to move out of their WO quarter into a much smaller one. The RAF point was that they allowed no error of judgement. Their personnel regularly switched between U.K. and Germany postings and they expected them to take upmost care at all times. I wonder if the USAAF have the same expectations. 

Edited by DuRavary

30 minutes ago, DuRavary said:

Over 20 years ago one of my colleague’s husbands, an RAF Warrant Officer, was involved in the same sort of accident. They were based in Germany and had gone back to the U.K. for a wedding and one morning left a B+B on the wrong side of the road. They ran into a motorcycle killing the rider. He got what he deserved, he lost his licence and was given a huge fine and points on his licence. What was more interesting was what the RAF did. They considered his actions to be so serious they demoted him down to an airman with not only a reduction in pay and loss of earned pension but the family had to move out of their WO quarter into a much smaller one. The RAF point was that they allowed no error of judgement. Their personnel regularly switched between U.K. and Germany postings and they expected them to take upmost care at all times. I wonder if the USAAF have the same expectations. 

Well... no. obviously not.

Neither the driver nor her husband were military.

Not entirely relevant but since it has been asked, the US military take civil misdemeanors committed in a host country very seriously. When I was with the US Army at RAF Burtonwood a soldier did something silly, very silly considering I had warned him about it only 48 hours previously. Which ended up with a court marshal and repatriation back to the States pdq.

24 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

Well... no. obviously not.

Neither the driver nor her husband were military.

Does your answer come from knowledge and experience, civilians working alongside the U.K. Forces in Germany were subject to a lot of the same rules. If your answer is based on fact, thank you, if it’s a presumption, why the negativity? 

Harry definitely had great taste in bikes, as ZXR400's have been quite rare to find in good condition for a few years now. As a first big bike he really did it properly in my books, as I love the old howling 400cc 4-cylinders. 

Top man, and sad he had his life cut so short. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DuRavary said:

Does your answer come from knowledge and experience, civilians working alongside the U.K. Forces in Germany were subject to a lot of the same rules. If your answer is based on fact, thank you, if it’s a presumption, why the negativity? 

What negativity?

The husband is called a 'diplomat' by some, but he was not. he is allegedly CIA. which adds up as the airfield this happened near is a 'listening post'.  This event was reported and the US embassy told her to do a runner, which she did.  The US military does not have jurisdiction over civilians, had she been the wife of a serving airmen she would have been handed over to the UK police. if she had been military herself. then the matter would have been dealt with by a military court.  But she was neither. She was the wife of a man who to all intents and purposes does not exist. her flight was based on a lie. (or at least false or ignored information) hence the shit show this has turned into.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

What negativity?

The husband is called a 'diplomat' by some, but he was not. he is allegedly CIA. which adds up as the airfield this happened near is a 'listening post'.  This event was reported and the US embassy told her to do a runner, which she did.  The US military does not have jurisdiction over civilians, had she been the wife of a serving airmen she would have been handed over to the UK police. if she had been military herself. then the matter would have been dealt with by a military court.  But she was neither. She was the wife of a man who to all intents and purposes does not exist. her flight was based on a lie. (or at least false or ignored information) hence the shit show this has turned into.

Thank you. So the court case will be a total waste of time and money. 

Her husband is thought to be CIA and some sources say she was too. I believe he wasn't an officially accredited diplomat so therefore the Vienna Convention on diplomatic immunity didn't apply. There's so much conflicting rumour flying around its hard to know. The fact is thought she killed Harry by driving on the wrong side of the road. Careless driving at the very least. As Gerontious has written because of the status of the American involved its turned into a shit show.

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

Just a thought . If you believe the Right Wing tabloid press we have apparently been over run by hoards of Romanian nationals . Given that all Romanians drive on the right , you would expect to hear of a much higher incidence of head on collisions but this appears not to be the case . It would seem to take an American to cause such a tragedy .  

Mathew broderick killed 2 in Ireland in the 80's

It's all rumour because of the probable involvement of the CIA. they never admit to anything. they neither confirm or deny anything. if its any consolation she has had a very harsh 'response' from the more established press in the US. (NYT, Washington Post. - which I read)

But.. as is the case for any US citizen. if you manage to get back to the US then you are safe.. the US almost never extradites its own citizens.

so... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Here in Rotherham, where we have a large immigrant / refugee population, RTA’ s at roundabouts are a common event ....

Drives up to roundabout ... turns right into incoming traffic !!!!!

I've seen that done in the full heat of rush hour ... by a lady on a push bike. 

I followed her to the roundabout, she went right, I went left. We met again at the exit. All the traffic in her quadrant had frozen in horror.
I yelled at her never ever ever to do that again, but I think just she took me for a madman/biker/racist combo. 

I hope she's still alive.

• Like 3

My early police career was in the Highlands and I attended a few wrong side of the road accidents and had near miss with a French car on rural roads.  Indeed, the very first accident I attended in my probation, was a German who drove off from a Highland hotel and managed 5 miles on the wrong side of the road, before he collided with a car coming the other way. It was a Dutch driver, in his brand new Morgan that he was touring in, having waited 5 years to get. He started to cry when it was lifted onto the recovery lorry and we had to take the German into protective custody. I was first on scene at a triple fatal, this time a Dutch driver turned onto the wrong side of the road, hitting a lorry. The driver's parents and sister died.

• Sad 2

I have been following this and it really has made me very angry. How the USA whipped her out of the UK and refused pretty much to give and help at all and in fact seemed to do all it could to stop her having to take responsibility for her actions. At one point his parents went to the US with what they believed was to be get meeting with her but she didn't attend even though she was in the same building as as far as I know she has never directly contacted or apologized to his parents only in statements read by lawyers. She's just a coward hiding behind red tape to escape justice for what she did....I maybe and hope I am wrong but truly believe absolutely no kind of justice will be served against her 😢😡

Edited by Spongefinger