MCE CANCELLING ALL POLICIES

daveinlim

25 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

£1500 the cheapest. Some up to £4k. 

Just tried Moneysupermarket - anyone ever heard of go skippy? Just quoted me £730 😬

I've seen go skippy come up in quotes before. 

Part of eldon group owned by arron banks so British owned. 

• Like 1

Insurance is just a joke. I'm looking for a new commuter bike. Quotes on a random assortment.of bikes. 3 yr NCB 35+ no points, downside is parked on street. 

2020 BMW g310r 950

2020 Benelli leoncino 1400

2020 cbr500 1800

2020 cb500 1700

2016 cb650f 1200

2017 er6n 1100

2014 sv650s 800

2010 gsx650f 1950. Bike sure we're £2,800 on a bike that's valued at £3,500. 

What a farce. None of these bikes are over 90bhp, none of them valued at over £5k yet insurance quotes are all coming in on average at 25% of the value of the bike. 

What was the point in doing my DAS. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, daveinlim said:

Insurance is just a joke. I'm looking for a new commuter bike. Quotes on a random assortment.of bikes. 3 yr NCB 35+ no points, downside is parked on street. 

2020 BMW g310r 950

2020 cbr500 1800

2020 cb500 1700

2016 cb650f 1200

2017 er6n 1100

2014 sv650s 800

What a farce. None of these bikes are over 90bhp, none of them valued at over £5k yet insurance quotes are all coming in on average at 25% of the value of the bike. 

Its the parking in the road bit in London that's done it. Is there nowhere local you could rent to store it? 

19 hours ago, daveinlim said:

2020 BMW g310r 950

2020 cbr500 1800

2020 cb500 1700

2016 cb650f 1200

2017 er6n 1100

2014 sv650s 800

I got a quote for a BMW S1000RR 1yr ncb straight after my 125, Grand total of £269. I don't live in londinium and I'm now classed as decrepit 😔, I would glady swap that for 3k and being 21

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Its the parking in the road bit in London that's done it. Is there nowhere local you could rent to store it? 

I'm moving slightly out of London soon. Put the quotes in for the new area I'll be in and quotes are 1/3 of what they are for now. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Bender said:

I've seen go skippy come up in quotes before. 

Part of eldon group owned by arron banks so British owned. 

Pleased to not be giving any money to that caaant. 

• Haha 2

On 13/01/2022 at 11:59, Joe85 said:

f**king hell. Just got some quote back for one fo the comparison sites: £1400 a year up from £800.

What a f**king joke. 

Yeah me too... what a nightmare!!!!! I found this 1 year no claims discount together with a 10% deposit on loan agreement policies offer from Lexham that made it much cheaper. Hope it helps! https://www.lexhaminsurance.co.uk/#announcement 

• Thanks 1

I've just been on MCE live chat. It's back up and running.

They said they are going to honour my policy that is 11/12 fulfilled.

One thing I asked is that having a few years NCB and just done my das they said to put the original date of obtaining my provisional licence as the date for my licence. I'd have thought that I would put in the date I did my DAS. 

5 hours ago, daveinlim said:

I've just been on MCE live chat. It's back up and running.

They said they are going to honour my policy that is 11/12 fulfilled.

One thing I asked is that having a few years NCB and just done my das they said to put the original date of obtaining my provisional licence as the date for my licence. I'd have thought that I would put in the date I did my DAS. 

I'm in a similar situation, as rode on a moped for a year before taking my CBT. I always put in one more year of NCB than years with a full licence. Seems to me that that's the best answer I can give. Never had it rejected or questioned. 

1 hour ago, bonio said:

I'm in a similar situation, as rode on a moped for a year before taking my CBT. I always put in one more year of NCB than years with a full licence. Seems to me that that's the best answer I can give. Never had it rejected or questioned. 

They will have no problems quoting you I just want to have as little issues as I can should I need to claim some day 

4 hours ago, Joe85 said:

I've noticed that insurance firms don't tend to ask for proof of no claims any more. 

Assume this is because they can just check the database?

Yes they can access the MIB database 24 hours 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joe85 said:

I've noticed that insurance firms don't tend to ask for proof of no claims any more. 

They ask for it at the time of a claim though 

i have been with mce for a few years now and now they are cancelling peoples insurance due to going into administration

i was paying £158 TPFT a year on my suzuki 2008 b-king 1340cc

so i have just been trying the comparison insurances services and also some single insurance companies and the greedy money grabbing over priced ones i have been getting are beyond a joke lowest ones over £400 to stupid ones at £1,997

where these other companies get their stupid silly prices from i do not know when as mentioned above a company like mce could give me quotes of only £158

so looks like my biking days are over and i may have to sell my bike as i can not justify paying over 3 times to 9 times as much than as i was paying with mce

i bet there probably will be other bikers giving up with quotes like the above compared to their original mce ones

BeMoto asked me for it. If MCE don't reply (to 3 messages) i might try sending my old policy document with the amount noted on it

This news just in:

"Once the policy is cancelled on the 31st of January 2022, your no claims bonus certificate will be emailed out to you if applicable.

If you are replacing your policy with ourselves, new underwriters Sabre, and have been on cover for more than 8 months, we can honor the extra year, or if we are cancelling and you are choosing to go elsewhere if you have less than month remaining, we will also be issuing you the additional year, providing no claims have been made."

So if you have been with them for less than 11 months you loose this year's NCB.  In a way, that is right because its not a full year, but you can never get it back.
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pbassred said:

This news just in:

"Once the policy is cancelled on the 31st of January 2022, your no claims bonus certificate will be emailed out to you if applicable.

If you are replacing your policy with ourselves, new underwriters Sabre, and have been on cover for more than 8 months, we can honor the extra year, or if we are cancelling and you are choosing to go elsewhere if you have less than month remaining, we will also be issuing you the additional year, providing no claims have been made."

So if you have been with them for less than 11 months you loose this year's NCB.  In a way, that is right because its not a full year, but you can never get it back.

Unless you take up a policy with them and sabre

12 hours ago, Pbassred said:

This news just in:

Thanks this is helpful. My renewal is mid February. Going getting some quotes this morning and hoping I don't have to sell a kidney

On 15/01/2022 at 18:40, daveinlim said:

2020 BMW g310r 950

2020 cbr500 1800

2020 cb500 1700

2016 cb650f 1200

2017 er6n 1100

2014 sv650s 800

It's not nice to see, as when I lived in London I had to be knocked off and get two bikes stolen for this sort of weird split. I had to choose my bike based on which was cheapest to insure, and ended up with a Yamaha FZ6. I quite liked it, but never really had that strong a bond with it that I have with other bikes.  

Things like ER6F's, SV650's, even the old Fazer 600 were all like £2500-£3000 to insure. All with MCE. The FZ6 was *only* £800, and I am still convinced to this day there was some kind of error that produced that number. 

Now it seems this method is becoming the only way to insure a bike in London, even if you have no claims!

20 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

It's not nice to see, as when I lived in London I had to be knocked off and get two bikes stolen for this sort of weird split. I had to choose my bike based on which was cheapest to insure, and ended up with a Yamaha FZ6. I quite liked it, but never really had that strong a bond with it that I have with other bikes.  

Things like ER6F's, SV650's, even the old Fazer 600 were all like £2500-£3000 to insure. All with MCE. The FZ6 was *only* £800, and I am still convinced to this day there was some kind of error that produced that number. 

Now it seems this method is becoming the only way to insure a bike in London, even if you have no claims!

I've renewed on my 125. I've a list of bikes, all under 650 cc that I'd be happy on but insurance is too high and I'm. It willing to spend that much. Might as well just get taxis everywhere at them rates

I was with mce on a fireblade with 0 ncb for £585, gone back with them and the quote has come up as £617 so not too bad, randomly, putting the bikes value from 8k to 10k lowered the insurance quote by £125

• Like 1