Waterproofing your neck?

S-Westerly

Any one got any practical ideas for stopping water eventually seeping down your neck? Got good gear which is waterproof but after a few hours in the wet I find water drips down the back of my helmet and eventually starts soaking into my neck. Not nice.

My jacket has a zip-in high collar that has a Goretex liner. So, water that drips off the helmet (or gushes when the weather is far too orrid) is directed outside of the jacket so, that’s the kind of thing I would be looking for. But it would need to be long enough so  water will go outside the jacket. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen something like this in horse riding gear shops. Maybe also found in better outdoor stores… or online. Something like this.

BF5FE784-4BC9-4D2C-BE4E-DE3A8A795A17.png

• Thanks 1

My rucks gear comes with a zip on neck thingy that I have never used as rain has never got down my neck…

Although agree often gear is waterproof but it’s the corners that leak. Ie glove arm joint, boot leg leak.  particularly after a bit of time in the rain…

This week I did 2hrs riding in torrential rain and heavy rain on the return journey. The soft neoprene neck on my suit and neck buff kept the rain out however, it was the padding at the rear of the Schuberth C3pro that soaked up some water. Nothing worse than a wet helmet 🤣 

At the time I was wearing 2 neck buffs and my jacket has decent sealing. The neck roll on my helmet got sodden and then capillary action started taking water into my neck buffs. I was in very heavy rain for about 3 hours on one day and 4 the previous day.