Holiday - Road Trip in September Time

Fish

So I was talking with a mate last night about doing a not so little road trip around September time. 

I'd be on my Tracer 700, he's currently on an ER-6F but he's looking to change to either a Ninja 1000SX or Versys 1000.

The trip would be channel tunnel into France, then down towards Rochefort/Saintes on day 1, then having a day or two around there heading down towards Bilbao.

Then over the course of 10 days having a tour around Spain/Portugal coming back via Le Mans.

Would a Tracer 700 be good enough or would a larger bike be a better option. The tracer already has the panniers, but I'd almost be tempted to put a topbox on it as well.

Thanks for your opinions. :) 

Unless your panniers open from the top, a top box or a tail bag is a really useful addition for stuff you want to access during the day while you're riding. So much easier than faffing around looking for a Mars bar while all your clothes are falling out onto the tarmac. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bonio said:

Unless your panniers open from the top, a top box or a tail bag is a really useful addition for stuff you want to access during the day while you're riding. So much easier than faffing around looking for a Mars bar while all your clothes are falling out onto the tarmac. 

Tank bag?

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Tank bag?

Tank scratching devices designed to hinder refuelling. Loathsome things.

I used to tour with a mate who used one and he loved it, filling it so full it acted as a windbreaker on his naked bike. 

I may consider selling the one I have from years ago that’s been used only a few times… 

What ever happened to motorbikes having a small, lockable compartment in the fairing. My CX500 had one, as did the FJR. Just big enough for a wallet phone and Mars bar.