The Harley Davidson section .

fastbob

Following on from Bender's excellent suggestion , I have decided to start a Harley Davidson section . So I'll kick off with some pictures of mine past and present  but not in that order . So please feel free to post pictures of your Harley or a Harley that you used to own . I might even have a go at answering technical queries because , let's face it , there isn't really that much to understand .

IMG_20220716_210040122.jpg

Polish_20210916_115614784.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 6

Given the braking on a Harley who wants to see what you are about to hit lol.

Actually the headlight on my Superglide was surprisingly good. certainly better than the Busa.

Haven`t tried Fatty at night yet but I am fairly sanguine about it.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Actually the headlight on my Superglide was surprisingly good. certainly better than the Busa.

Cheers

Ian

Well I'm still alive . Just ridden 27 miles of the M74 and some miles of single track road around Abington and Crawford in the dark . Currently lying in my tent under a canopy of stars . I think I'll upgrade to a Daymaker at some point . I've just realised your 'Busa is single headlight . I could ride my GSXR at near normal speeds in the dark but of course that was twin headlights. 

10 hours ago, goat said:

Why harley rather than Indian?

Because Harley Davidson have been in continuous production for well over a hundred years but Indian is simply an old name that has been revived to sell modern bikes ..

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Because Harley Davidson have been in continuous production for well over a hundred years but Indian is simply an old name that has been revived to sell modern bikes ..

Almost 

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/harley-davidson-motorcycle-production-resumes-after-two-week-halt

😂 

The engine in the Indian is much more refined and more powerful but to be honest it doesn't sound like a Harley which is a very big part of a Harley and it's character. 

The new harley engine has solved most of that but unfortunately it no longer sounds like a Harley. 

There is a place near me called Northants V twin, (Ian Frog knows the place), and every Saturday 2 or 3 HDs ride into town from Silverstone way, on the Weedon Road and I can hear them from my house. This Saturday I thought it was a thunderstorm 😲😊

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 20/08/2022 at 16:14, Ian Frog said:

Cheers

Ian

What ? I got caught out after dark and could hardly see a thing ! Took me ages to get home wobbling around at 40mph . That said , I haven't ridden in real darkness for years . 

Whilst currently scratching my high revving 4 cylinder sports bike itch (and now understanding what all the comfort compromise talk was about) I'm looking at Harley as not only the other itch that needs scratching but also one for comfort.

I'm probably too tall for a Sportster S but I love the looks and accept the suspension is probably not suitable for comfort.

The Fat Bob feels great to sit on but not sure on the looks.

Sport Glide without the fairing and bags looks like it could be a good option.

Would l love to hear from other Harley owners who own any of the above.

Hi

Well I have gone full circle and new Dyna is on the bench getting it's stage 1.

The Fatboy was an awesome bit of kit but I missed the smaller bike.20231113_173722.thumb.jpg.68dbb5060d63b637dec9448931f3ed13.jpgDon't know why it's clinging to the ceiling lol.

Cheers 

Ian 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Hi

Well I have gone full circle and new Dyna is on the bench getting it's stage 1.

The Fatboy was an awesome bit of kit but I missed the smaller bike.20231113_173722.thumb.jpg.68dbb5060d63b637dec9448931f3ed13.jpgDon't know why it's clinging to the ceiling lol.

Cheers 

Ian 

I thought you had moved down under cobber.

Back in the 1990s there was a magazine I used to buy at the time called Motorcycle International. And one issue had a HD special which I must admit caught my eye and was up to that point the only HD based bike that I ever thought: "I would buy that." This when the Cafe racer style was being introduced. or reintroduced by Triumph most obviously with its Speed Triple 900 (I owned one a year or two later): Sadly, only 20 were ever made in 1994. It was called the HDS1200 and was built by the grandson of the founder of Velocette.

• Reynolds 531 tube bronze welded frame and swingarm
  • Full floater cast iron Brembo brakes
  • Goodman designed magnesium wheels, built by Techno Magnesia
  • Marzocci front forks, independently adjustable compression and rebound damping

Screenshot2023-11-19at17_45_19.thumb.png.5cdc0ea8d4e41276b5bd34911473e2da.png8f3df809383668a9426b4a205465be43.thumb.jpeg.9e5190e5e57bcc2a238f20d13b077852.jpeg04c5741e5057964851900a5cc4b904de.thumb.jpeg.2212e5d45ba0c5f7f366c63031472873.jpeg16d93212974fd12d488a5c941b57717e.thumb.jpeg.313524fc46cb59e75eee90e2aa93efc2.jpegd55d1ed172dcb188e5db89686167054b.thumb.jpeg.75ee0e6187fd21ceab9305eaf3845a76.jpege39dfcd254ad011643d3bea60e938d1c.thumb.jpeg.0a46761e4942fc998e97b78fa0c72aed.jpeg

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3