Insurance Renewal Time

Fiddlesticks

Hi Fiddlesticks,

It's time to renew your motorcycle insurance.

Last year you were a complete newbie who had foolishly bought himself a 1300cc bike so torquey it thought it was a Devon seaside resort. What, with the lack of any rider aids, we thought you'd probably kill yourself in the first two weeks, so we only charged you £223.

While last year's discount targeted the inexperienced, this year we have a special for our most gullible customers. If you would love to take up this offer, please pay £348 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and happy riding.

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Hi Fiddlesticks,

It's time to renew your motorcycle insurance.

Last year you were a complete newbie who had foolishly bought himself a 1300cc bike so torquey it thought it was a Devon seaside resort. What, with the lack of any rider aids, we thought you'd probably kill yourself in the first two weeks, so we only charged you £223.

While last year's discount targeted the inexperienced, this year we have a special for our most gullible customers. If you would love to take up this offer, please pay £348 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and happy riding.

They are chances these companies. Then you phone them not to renew and they pluck a random cheaper figure out of their a**eholes. As I always tell them if you make me work for a cheaper price I'll go elsewhere 

• Like 2

Why do companies do this and risk losing custom! 

I get that there is a lot that just pay up but is it really enough to outweigh the lost custom with competitive quotes :? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

I thought they changed the rules on renewal that they have to be that same as a new customers offer now.

Rings a bell. I didn't argue the point. Found a much better deal and jumped.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

Rings a bell. I didn't argue the point. Found a much better deal and jumped.

Yeah , no such thing as loyalty in this game. Move along where it benefits you. My own insurance is due soon. Looking forward to seeing how that goes after having a little (non fault) spill during the year. 

My insurance for  the R1, 380, RGV & SS with Carole Nash is about expire so was looking at combining the Kwak 250R with it.

Renewal price was £321, up a bit on last year but tolerable. They will only cover 4 bikes so asked to replace the R1 with the Kawasaki, this was going to be £440.

Tried Peter James as suggested, for the 5 bikes it would be £388 conditional on joining something like VJMC, another £30 or so.

The Silverwing is insured separately with Bennett's,  so gave them a try. After 50 mins on the phone covering various options ,we got to all 5 bikes, fully comp, 1000miles on each classic, 10000 on the 250R, for £336. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DJP said:

Last year mine went up by £90 following a non-fault prang. This year it's back to pretty much where it was. (£150 FC with commuting in London).

who's this with? 

• Like 1

Just had my renewal quote through from Bikesure and its £205 so its £8.50 ish cheaper than last year's and about £52 cheaper than a online quote from one of the main quote websites. so very pleased with that.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2023 at 07:08, Mick67 said:

Just had my renewal quote through from Bikesure and its £205 so its £8.50 ish cheaper than last year's and about £52 cheaper than a online quote from one of the main quote websites. so very pleased with that.

Had my renewal invite from Bikesure earlier in the week it’s gone up from £205 to £210 for the two bikes, so have gone with that, been with them a long time now

2 hours ago, Gerontious said:

My renewal has increased by £10 now £120 FC 2018 Africa Twin. no security. no garage.

Sounds fair to me

On 19/01/2023 at 08:08, Mick67 said:

I've been doing mine through Bikesure for the last 5-6 yrs and they've been ace. Had both the ST1100 & K1100LT on same policy and that was only £105 fc, up until we moved over here to Tunisia and sold the ST keeping the K11 on including being over here for a maximum 180 consecutive days in the 12 month period and it's only increased this year by £10ish which I don't mind given some quotes I've been seeing banded around, plus I'm covered over here and in continental europe not just eu/schengen area, which is a bonus for us as we frequently jump on the ferry to Italy or France for a "holiday" so I've stayed with them. 

Had a chat with the nice ladies on the Bikesure stand at Motorcycle Live about adding another bike to my policy, unfortunately the company I’m with don’t do multi bike policies so I’ve got to wait until it’s up for renewal and do it then to avoid all the costs of changing horses mid stream.

• 4 months later...

I know this is old thread... but I just found a great way to save a shed load of money on insurance!!!

Move out of London 🤣 I had to cancel the old one and set up a new one as the system had a moment over the address change. 

New policy fully comp £105. The woman at Bennetts actually gasped at the difference. 

I actually cried. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Hoggs said:

I know this is old thread... but I just found a great way to save a shed load of money on insurance!!!

Move out of London 🤣 I had to cancel the old one and set up a new one as the system had a moment over the address change. 

New policy fully comp £105. The woman at Bennetts actually gasped at the difference. 

I actually cried. 

It's the best insurance hack by far