Law and Order in action....

Trooper74

55 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I suspect the Met might not quite see eye to eye on this. 

They would probably take the knee to the Gremlin Gang .... 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

They would probably take the knee to the Gremlin Gang .... 

Or like Keith Palmer lose his life protecting others! Don't confuse Police Forces with the individuals. Yes there are some rotten apples but also a lot of hard working individuals who do the best they can to do a good job. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Or like Keith Palmer lose his life protecting others! Don't confuse Police Forces with the individuals. Yes there are some rotten apples but also a lot of hard working individuals who do the best they can to do a good job. 

It's not confusion Mike it's lack of public profile. Through covid we saw South Yorks Police bully and coerce outside their legal remit day after day.

Video after video of coercion, threats and abuse of the people they where meant to protect.

These good Police ... where are they ???

The only Police i see in South Yorkshire are swaggering around with heavy Heckler & Koch machine guns dressed like the baddies from a Si-Fi movie.

Our 5 year old lad ran crying from 2 officers in Meadowhall shopping centre .. he was terrified ...

I have no doubt there are a majority of good officers ..... But where are they ?? They're invisible to people on the streets of Rotherham and Sheffield..

11 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

It's not confusion Mike it's lack of public profile. Through covid we saw South Yorks Police bully and coerce outside their legal remit day after day.

Video after video of coercion, threats and abuse of the people they where meant to protect.

These good Police ... where are they ???

The only Police i see in South Yorkshire are swaggering around with heavy Heckler & Koch machine guns dressed like the baddies from a Si-Fi movie.

Our 5 year old lad ran crying from 2 officers in Meadowhall shopping centre .. he was terrified ...

I have no doubt there are a majority of good officers ..... But where are they ?? They're invisible to people on the streets of Rotherham and Sheffield..

If that's your opinion I guess nobody will change it. All I'm saying is rhere are good ones out there, you probably don't see them as thet are busy doing their job somewhere. As for those swaggering around with a firearm it's a small percentage of the police. If they made your 5 yer old cry maybe engage with them they do talk or complain. Police use bodycam and the public use phones to record things it'd hard to hide misconduct. Consider judging everyone as an individual on their own merits rather than generalising. There's lots of groups you can participate in if you are unhappy with the police who monitor performance etc. 

• Like 3

My son in law is an armed cop in the Met and his opinion of the management let alone Khan is lower than whale shit. He doesn't swagger around and has never yet drawn a weapon in anger. He's one of the better ones and has the scars to prove it. 

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Pie man said:

Cringe-worthy and dysfunctional, The USA is so f'cked up. :eek2: 

Not really. My brother lives in Houston and my niece in Seattle. Houston is a bit weird and by our standards Texas definitely is. Settle and Washington State are great although Seattle is a bit hipster heavy for my liking. Back to the original subject American cops are generally scary bast*rds.

• Haha 2

I lived and worked in San Diego for 12 months, at Fightertown USA, Miramar. We found the Police to be professional, blunt, to the point, only interested in keeping the law  ... and heavily armed.

It was a great place to visit and work ... but not to live, for me.

I was happy to get back to dull and windy Suffolk.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2023 at 17:49, Trooper74 said:

Watch it .... do our police need a makeover ???

Itching to shoot an un-convicted suspect, he is NOT the law.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

My daughter was at MacDill AFB in Florida for a year. She says much the same. Not a fan of California Highway Patrol. bast*rds did me for speeding and I got fined almost  $600. 

😲 With fines like that no wonder they're armed.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

Itching to shoot an un-convicted suspect, he is NOT the law.

Whats your answer ? Some counselling for the Gremlins, new trainers, maybe a holiday .... a telling off from their Nana's .....🤣 If Constable Woke tries to arrest them he will soon be twinned with a colander i expect .....

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Whats your answer ? Some counselling for the Gremlins, new trainers, maybe a holiday .... a telling off from their Nana's .....🤣 If Constable Woke tries to arrest them he will soon be twinned with a colander i expect .....

I've got to say it I don't get your post you say you like the armed US style of Policing but accuse the UK Police of being woke. In another comment you state Police were swaggering around with guns making children cry? I'm guessing the sight of those US officers armed up would really make a child cry, just an observation 🤔

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

I've got to say it I don't get your post you say you like the armed US style of Policing but accuse the UK Police of being woke. In another comment you state Police were swaggering around with guns making children cry? I'm guessing the sight of those US officers armed up would really make a child cry, just an observation 🤔

I had tried to go down the satirical humour route ..... and obviously failed ..... I'll stick to Engineering Mike..... 😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I had tried to go down the satirical humour route ..... and obviously failed ..... I'll stick to Engineering Mike..... 😀

Which bit is the satire? Also what do you mean by gremlins?

18 minutes ago, goat said:

Which bit is the satire? Also what do you mean by gremlins?

1. Exactly !

2. The gang named in the video are "The Gremlins" .... watch it .... before commentating, possibly.

1 minute ago, Trooper74 said:

1. Exactly !

2. The gang named in the video are "The Gremlins" .... watch it .... before commentating, possibly.

I started watching it but gave up early on I'm afraid, probably well before the plot developed.

11 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I lived and worked in San Diego for 12 months, at Fightertown USA, Miramar. We found the Police to be professional, blunt, to the point, only interested in keeping the law  ... and heavily armed.

It was a great place to visit and work ... but not to live, for me.

I was happy to get back to dull and windy Suffolk.

It was nice when I was last there in 1992. I was on Coronado Island, but never encountered law enforcement. I recall speaking to some Mexicans, they were asking "is it always foggy in London" 😂they had only seen old black & white movies. 

• Haha 2