Centre Stand Security!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

What! Security for the centre stand? who is going to nick that I hear you say :lol: 

More of a belt and braces opportunist thief stopperer :D 

I saw someone who was modifying centre stands for the GS which allowed you to insert a lock on to it so you can't take the bike off the centre stand which I thought was a good idea to stop any opportunist thieves while out touring etc 

The centre stand was off to be powder coated anyway so I thought sod it whats the worst that can happen :lol: 

Here's the result 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just need to tidy it up a touch shot blast the centre stand and away for powder coating :D 

Genius idea you need to take that one on the Den!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Genius idea you need to take that one on the Den!

Too late! plans have been released :lol: 

Plus someone is already making them although with a rather large price tag :shock: 

• Like 1

Sidestand version just needs a hinged circular end to be padlocked round the lower frame rail and a solid circular end for the stand to be passed through.

I am sure it won`t be quite that simple lol.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
Simplicity comment !

Great idea and nice work ..... I think you just dipped out on the patent though, a company called Cymarc are already producing them, not cheap either, £133.00!  You certainly saved yourself a few quid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bender said:

Just put a disc lock on each wheel no welding involved and you still can't push it 😁 

Disc locks are too easy to remove 

Plus it's expensive when you forget about them leaving you stranded with a bent brake disc 

• Like 1

Apparently it's just a bunch of lads in a Transit van. Three or four of them just lift it into the back of the van and remove all the locking devices in a shed at their leisure.

Gone in seconds !

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I was bitching to my son  in law about my after market centre stand rusting all the time but it turned out his oem BMW one was no better.

Mass production for you! 

It's all done on the cheap 

• Like 1