Instructions.

Steve_M

Back in the mists of time self assembly items came with written instructions and supporting images. You felt that the person who’d written the instructions may have actually assembled, or seen the process of assembly. 

Now you get a sheet of paper with some line drawings which are generally open to misunderstanding. And misunderstand you do. Or, at least, I do. 

Yes. I’m constructing a greenhouse from a kit… 

• Haha 2

It didn’t go too badly in the end. Some fettling required to get the door to close, and we’ll have to bugger about with scribing strips of wood where it meets - or, more accurately, doesn’t meet - the stone wall (builder’s foam may be used).

I’ve cobbled together a bench ready for when we sow seeds. 

4F29A1E1-AFAA-476A-B6A0-909447C2F6B3.jpeg

8454A800-073C-46CF-9DD2-F75FEBE5EE85.jpeg

FE6DAF34-EEEC-4E5D-A3EA-00D071410BCD.jpeg

55FDA83E-A79F-4484-95CD-B2F73D4711A1.jpeg

A5E27482-EBEE-488A-A737-2C4AD6F9905F.jpeg

F763CB8F-D520-4EF2-908B-3B6C35F3B296.jpeg

9E605D69-900F-46EC-B419-C65B07CFBEE4.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Back in the mists of time self assembly items came with written instructions and supporting images. You felt that the person who’d written the instructions may have actually assembled, or seen the process of assembly. 

Now you get a sheet of paper with some line drawings which are generally open to misunderstanding. And misunderstand you do. Or, at least, I do. 

Yes. I’m constructing a greenhouse from a kit… 

I had the same issue with my greenhouse about 10 years ago. Instructions showed the part but which way they faced was a mystery. In the end I just guessed put it together and took it back apart until I could work out which way it went. Took 2 whole days!

• Like 1

Tssk.  Instructions?  Who needs em?

I'm a bloke and therefore am quite capable of screwing stuff up without recourse to obeying pictures and chinglish.

Please to directly through wooden board 4 with 5 bolt screw number of steel.  Please to hold your tool tightly before entering and screwing.

Edited by Tinkicker