Superstitions

onesea

There are the famous ones umbrellas , ladders, magpies, number etc

Does anyone else have there own private superstition’s?  I can think of 2 of ours.

1) We don’t buy food from the Bake House (a very good bakery) and go for ride on bike, we did it 3 times 2 punctures and knocked off bike.

2) Watching England play rugby, we both like to watch Rugby. However every time we watch England Play they loose.  Tonight we started watching after half time (3-8) we changed channels after about 5 minutes(10-8) final score (10-20).

• Like 1

Private superstition... From the age of 17 I had a premonition that I would die in my 59th year. I seem to be able to convert a series of numbers in almost everything I see, especially registration plates and phone numbers and come up with 59. You can't know what I put myself through mentally today going on a long ride out through the Wye valley. Next Sunday I hit 60 you see so I hope to post next week to finally rid myself of this paranoia.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I always say " Thanks Girl " or similar to my car/bike when finishing a journey. 

Thanking them for getting me to my destination safely and performing as they should. I know it sounds silly but I've been doing it for over 20 years now and it's ingrained in me too much to stop :lol:

Might be something in it though as I have given away two different cars over the years to family members, both of which never gave me any real trouble and both ended up as write offs a year or so later :scratch:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tiggie said:

I always say " Thanks Girl " or similar to my car/bike when finishing a journey. 

Thanking them for getting me to my destination safely and performing as they should. I know it sounds silly but I've been doing it for over 20 years now and it's ingrained in me too much to stop :lol:

Might be something in it though as I have given away two different cars over the years to family members, both of which never gave me any real trouble and both ended up as write offs a year or so later :scratch:

Every airplane I get off I tell the plane "you are the best plane in the world" 

• Like 1

I know its going to be a bad day if I don't start it with an espresso. so as a consequence, I always start my day with an espresso and every day is a good day.

of course this is completely irrational. but, the memory of being on death watch with a 'do not resuscitate' request, while in the high dependency unit.. almost 20 years ago now. means that to me, every day really is a good day.

and what better way to start it than with an espresso I made myself.

• Like 3

On 28/02/2023 at 23:33, Fiddlesticks said:

For the same reason that you should never get involved in a land war in Asia.

So what would happen if you got Sicily involved in a land war in Asia ?

20 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

So what would happen if you got Sicily involved in a land war in Asia ?

Non of the tanks would work, everything would look good but due to corruption and bribes it would fail, or just fail to turn up,  lots of Asian folk would be last seen walking off to the woods with friends, it would drag on for years till everyone died of old age

On 02/03/2023 at 23:22, Bender said:

Non of the tanks would work, everything would look good but due to corruption and bribes it would fail, or just fail to turn up,  lots of Asian folk would be last seen walking off to the woods with friends, it would drag on for years till everyone died of old age

23 hours ago, bonio said:

Sounds quite a lot like a land war in Europe :sad:

I think they should ban wars.  Not much chance of that though, is there ?  Too much money to be made....

On 26/02/2023 at 19:58, veracocha said:

Private superstition... From the age of 17 I had a premonition that I would die in my 59th year. I seem to be able to convert a series of numbers in almost everything I see, especially registration plates and phone numbers and come up with 59. You can't know what I put myself through mentally today going on a long ride out through the Wye valley. Next Sunday I hit 60 you see so I hope to post next week to finally rid myself of this paranoia.  

I made it. 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 6