Newbie Question

Aquabloke

Evening all, from a 50yo latecomer to two wheels. I've spent the last 2 months commuting daily (Uxbridge to Westminster) on my little PCX, and it's proving to be far more fun than anticipated. I didnt believe the bikers in work who told me that I'd very quickly want something with a bit more poke...but theywere right. Currently booked in for DAS course, and the shortlist looks like Forza 750 vs. NC750X DCT. 90+ percent of use will be daily commute, but ailing parents mean a once-a-month trip to Liverpool. Given my experience to date of the A40 (LOTS of filtering), I'm edging towards the Forza but the NC is a lot cheaper. What would the NC be like as a daily commuter on some of our busiest roads? Grateful for the voices of experience - thanks all.

• Like 1

The NC has a reputation for being a bit bland, but it will be bulletproof as it’s a Honda. 
I would opt for the NC over the Forza if I was mostly commuting due to the fact that the Forza has tiny wheels and you’ll go through tyres like no one’s business. Probably two revolutions of the Forza wheels to one of the NC. 

Good luck with DAS

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

The NC has a reputation for being a bit bland, but it will be bulletproof as it’s a Honda. 
I would opt for the NC over the Forza if I was mostly commuting due to the fact that the Forza has tiny wheels and you’ll go through tyres like no one’s business. Probably two revolutions of the Forza wheels to one of the NC. 

Good luck with DAS

I recall the original Suzuki GSF Bandit being labelled “Blandit” by one magazine journalist. I remember as I’d just bought a brand new one. How odd that it became a remarkably popular and successful bike.

The NC is a fine bike. A mate in Norfolk has one and uses it for commuting, social / leisure rides and touring. As yet, no complaints from him. I would go with that rather than the Forza.

Nc750x pick yp a good used one, ride it, love it and care for it and it will hold its value. Cheap to maintain too. There are plenty of reviews of people who have done some long tours on them. 80mpg plus sounds great to me. Biking about the journey take some great rides and you won't feel like it's bland. Will be chilled out commute on it too. I believe the 2021 is slightly more sporty too

Edited by MikeHorton
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aquabloke said:

Evening all, from a 50yo latecomer to two wheels. I've spent the last 2 months commuting daily (Uxbridge to Westminster) on my little PCX, and it's proving to be far more fun than anticipated. 

This was my downfall too. Started out by trying to save money. 🤣

• Haha 2