Glastonbury Headliners

Mick67

Just got in from a great night out with the wife, saw Guns and Roses on tv, thought great to sit down and watch with a few whiskeys. Well so far really disappointed, sound is carp, lyrics you can hardly hear and by the looks of the spectators they are not feeling the buzz as they are just stood watching. Shame a great band but not so great tonight.

Pass the remote wife time to channel flick.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mick67 said:

Just got in from a great night out with the wife, saw Guns and Roses on tv, thought great to sit down and watch with a few whiskeys. Well so far really disappointed, sound is carp, lyrics you can hardly hear and by the looks of the spectators they are not feeling the buzz as they are just stood watching. Shame a great band but not so great tonight.

Gnr have not been great for a very long time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought the band were great, less so Axl. Slash played a blinder as usual but then he’s one of my guitar heroes so could play nursery rhymes and I’d still listen to him.

I had the Les Paul out last night and was jamming along with them, bloody love it!

Edited by rob m
Link
  • Like 2

On 24/06/2023 at 22:19, Mick67 said:

I found that the sound was crap for most of the bands I listened to - or rather tried to listen to. I gave up. 

• Like 1

I agree! we watched some but not all, the vocals in particular sounded weak on just about everyone we watched!

I'm not an Elton John fan by any means but the sound for him was the best we heard:scratch:

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I found that the sound was crap for most of the bands I listened to - or rather tried to listen to. I gave up. 

Blondie (debbie Harry) just doesn't sound the same anymore

7 hours ago, keith1200rs said:

Texas were pretty good - at least the hour I watched on iPlayer

I thought they were really good, our local lad Rick Astley played a belter too, or so I thought. It was also heartwarming to hear the crowd sing with Lewis Capaldi, showing empathy and support to a young man struggling with his mental health. I thought Lizzo stole the show 😱

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Blondie (debbie Harry) just doesn't sound the same anymore

Christ, she's about Eighty years old !   I know what my granny sounded like at that age.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I thought they were really good, our local lad Rick Astley played a belter too, or so I thought. It was also heartwarming to hear the crowd sing with Lewis Capaldi, showing empathy and support to a young man struggling with his mental health. I thought Lizzo stole the show 😱

Glastonbury ?  Care in the community ?

A bit of useless info:

The first musical festival ever took place over 150 years ago.

First Jazz festival occurred in 1954

I know, what would you guys do without knowing this 🙃

• Haha 2