Miss michelle

lancesilver

Go to solution Solved by lancesilver,

You need to get back onto the supplying dealer and tell them what is wrong with it and get them to collect it and fix it. Look up your rights concerning the consumer rights act 2015 so you know what to say if they try to fob you off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancesilver said:

Thanks everyone, dealership can't pick up till Monday hence why I was seeing if there was anything I can check on my end

Not worth the risk, they will use any excuse to get out of warranty, as long as you have petrol, it's turned on.

13 hours ago, Bender said:

Not worth the risk, they will use any excuse to get out of warranty, as long as you have petrol, it's turned on.

Got to agree here, I know it seems we are being unhelpful. The fault could be allot of things.  

I am trusting it had ran ok for first 600 miles you have not made any recent mods and it has not been dropped etc. or been used in rain for first time?

Regardless the dealer is the best point of contact and be firm with them to make it repaired quickly.  There are horror stories out there.

Only check I would do is check the manual and do a start as per manual, incase it’s not a simple error.  Who hasn’t tried to start the bike with kill switch on?  Or the immobiliser switched on?

Wonder if the tank breather is trapped of kinked? If you can open the fuel tank does tons of air rush back into the tank?
Then close it back, and start it up again. does it cut out much later on but still does cut out?? Most likely is that but to test would be to leave the tank cap ajar and start it up again and leave it on idle, if it stays running beyond the last time its definitely the brether hose. 

If so generally two small thinest black pipes coming from the bottom of the tank and follow them, the one you want will lead to the very bottom of the bike pointing to the floor most likly between the engine and the swing arm. See if there are any kinks or trapps. crap might have clogged it, you can clear it with a low pressure air or

wd40 from the little hole in the top of the tank in the there will tvery small hole to the side next to the inlet that you fill with petrol .

A pretty common failure for chinese scoots/motorbikes.  I've had to fix a few for friends or similar and it's usually electric related rather than anything to do with the engine.

Melted headlight connectors was the last one I had to do! :roll:

Yeah also often run the loom far too short and tight around the bike. Gave my old bike the "cant switch off the indicators that went into variable disco lights settings while i was about 100 miles away from home" it got there attention but confused the crap out of car drivers at the same time. 

Just wanted to know just for interest, knowledge and future reference, it would be good to know which one it was...