Zipping Trousers to Jacket

onesea

Zipping Trousers to jackets  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How many Zip There trousers to there Jacket?

• Don’t need them one piece only for me,
    • Well only if they match,
    • Well only if they match,
    • Sometimes,
    • I know it can be done but never do it,
    • That’s what those pesky zips are for,

After reading this thread I zipped my jacket and trousers together for the first time. From a comfort point of view it made no difference but would offer better safety in a slide. 

However getting them off and storing them zipped together in work has been more difficult as I've limited space and having them unzipped I stuck them in different spots in the office during the day.

Will keep zipped for now and see how it goes. 

This reminds me... I meant to purchase a set of braces to see how they go. Wearing a belt with the seating position on the Bobber leads to numerous excursions into hedges...and not of the heroic kind.

(Gentlemen of a certain age will know what I mean.)

2 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Im a picker/fiddler by nature-no not those sickos but more of those annoying fidget people as the wife calls me 😅.  if i had braces when stopped id have to pull them out and play.. wow sounds worse......

For our American friends, we're talking about braces that hold up your 'pants', what you'd call suspenders. Now, here in the UK suspenders means something different and you go around fiddling with let alone twanging the suspenders on random women you're likely to get arrested.

• Haha 3

Hard enough to open the damn things when you should have stopped 20 miles ago and you hardly make it to the toilet/bushes without having something holding the trousers up.

Never did it and I'm too old to start now 😬😬😬

5 hours ago, daveinlim said:

After reading this thread I zipped my jacket and trousers together for the first time. From a comfort point of view it made no difference but would offer better safety in a slide. 

However getting them off and storing them zipped together in work has been more difficult as I've limited space and having them unzipped I stuck them in different spots in the office during the day.

Will keep zipped for now and see how it goes. 

Can you get someone to video you getting in and out of your gear without you unzipping them? 

I’d love to see that 🤣🤣🤣

P.S. You are supposed to unzip them to get them off 😉

• Haha 3

For me, I would if I could but the zips don't match. I'm due a new jacket though,  so I'll purposely be buying one with a matching zip.

It's better for the 364 days of rain we get and safer too, so it's kind of a no brainer for me

6 hours ago, Capt Sisko said:

For our American friends, we're talking about braces that hold up your 'pants', what you'd call suspenders. Now, here in the UK suspenders means something different and you go around fiddling with let alone twanging the suspenders on random women you're likely to get arrested.

Feeling that your description is not clear enough I have done some pain staking research…
This gentlemen is modelling suspenders amply hi-lighted by his thumbs.

image.png.a0f427aa0917eff465d3042fb773c288.png

These ladies are using suspenders to hold up there lower leg protection, some riders prefer this minimalist approach to bike gear.  

image.thumb.jpeg.e010b4a49b67b8ef5d84809331cd9d09.jpeg
Maybe they find the zips difficult to undo when it comes to toilet stops?

I hope this helps reduce confusion.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well you dont have to unzip them to undo them but the rail will have to hang off the ceiling to stop the pants touching the floor, i know cos i do it at work sometimes and its not a clean carpeted area unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, onesea said:

Feeling that your description is not clear enough I have done some pain staking research…

These ladies are using suspenders to hold up there lower leg protection, some riders prefer this minimalist approach to bike gear.  

they have helmet, gloves and trainers, sure its custom made light weight kevlar woven outfit...i imagine 🤭, safety first!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Clearly taken from your personal photo collection of willing friends who share your hobbies.

Cheers

Ian

• Haha 1