Cleaning visor on the move

21 minutes ago, Bianco2564 said:

A guy at work had a bike with a tennis ball tywrapped to his bars with the top 1/4 cut off and kept a damp sponge tucked in there.

My mate had a Tennis ball with a cloth tucked inside, on all his bikes.

He just added water in the morning before we rode.

I cut one last year to fix on the VFR, but never finished it!!!

Maybe this year😂!!

The tennis ball idea is very old school. Maybe I should give it a go, it seemed to work. I just thought it looked a bit naff back in the day. These day...who cares? I'm too old to worry about such things. (Except bar muffs...I'm not that old.)

• Like 1

Tear offs generally you only get a few-4 on without impacting visibility and not pulling the other layer below aswell require special care and application are very ok for racing but for road use is a pain in the arse.

mx/dakar rolling film on the visor but really for a very niche product that has a good few downfalls, is just as shitty for what youll really want...

Without just a cloth and spray in a tanks

bag solution, Only real other idea for on the move clean is a langyard with a damp cloth attached?

11 hours ago, Pie man said:

I saw those but I can't see it working over my Gerbing heated gloves. They are quite bulky. And it's the days even the roads are gritted which are the problem, and that's when I'm wearing heated gloves. 

I've remembered what I used to have. My wife worked in a bank and I used one of those little sponge holders they had for wetting their fingers when counting notes by hand. 

47 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Brilliant idea. If I drill a couple of holes in my helmet I can bolt that to the back of it and clean my visor at the touch of a button. 

Then use a second hose to fill it up on the go.... 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is this the point that someone posts a copy of the old advert for the revolving self cleaning visor that used to be available?

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

All joking aside my return home from Northumberland was an absolute nightmare for the first 70 miles or so. Low sun in my eyes combined with utterly filthy roads. Twice I had to pull on to the hardshoulder as I literally couldn't see FA. Once I got as far south as Bedale things improved as the road was at least try. Sun was still bad though. Stopped 4 times in services to wash visor. 

Poor bike is filthy now too and will be getting a detailed and thorough clean tomorrow. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

All joking aside my return home from Northumberland was an absolute nightmare for the first 70 miles or so. Low sun in my eyes combined with utterly filthy roads. Twice I had to pull on to the hardshoulder as I literally couldn't see FA. Once I got as far south as Bedale things improved as the road was at least try. Sun was still bad though. Stopped 4 times in services to wash visor. 

Poor bike is filthy now too and will be getting a detailed and thorough clean tomorrow. 

Nooooooo, not dirty gold.. 

I bet it's still a stunner when it's dirty. 

On 17/01/2024 at 19:33, Pie man said:

Tried one of these and yes it worked, sort of, but the thing was so big & bulky it was very uncomfortable to wear. Then there was the phaff of having to load the fluid reservoir (which leaked) and do you start a ride wearing it on the off chance it'll rain or the road will be mucky. In truth I wasn't desperately disappointed when one day I rode off forgetting I'd left in on the top of the top box and lost it, more annoyed that the thing had been a waste of money.

Edited by Capt Sisko
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think the fact that none of us have some billy whizz gadget that brilliantly solves the problem of a dirty visor is because there is no such thing. It may be ancient tech but basically a damp cloth / sponge is what you are stuck with. If anyone does have aforementioned gadget please let me know!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Shall i be the one asking why youve put so many in your trolley??? 🤡

That's not my trolley.  It's the bit in the middle of Aldi where men go whilst their wife does the shopping.

Why dog owners need a rubber holder for tennis balls is beyond me. But zip tied to your handlebars that's ideal for sticking a wet sponge in.