What did you do WITH your bike today.

Trooper74

Rode my mk3 Versys  300 miles to Verviers, Belgium today, in readiness for a weekend at Spa Francorchamps watching a friend race in the GT championship. 

It has definitely made my mind up about getting a seat upgrade - I can barely walk 😭

Think I'm regretting selling the Deauville now.

Shep

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

After a 5+ hour drive from Hull to home, I decided that as the sun was out and warm I'd give my new Knox Urbane Pro 3 a trial ride. I did put a hoodie over the top, but still let plenty of air thru and kept my nice and cool. 

Well the little trial ride, turned into a 4 hours bimble down to Hastings for supper. Fighting the flying dustbins (seagulls) for my hard earned food was getting annoying, so stuffed it down my throat and set off for home. The ride back was a little on the chilly side.

• Like 2

On 16/06/2024 at 19:49, Trooper74 said:

NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING BBC WEATHER TELLS YOU !!!

Never believe ANYTHING the BBC tells you !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Washed 800 miles of dirt off the bike, cleaned and lubed fescalised portions of the bike, lubed chain, … did maintenance stuff .. oil change in the morning after short ride … all consumables in place .. A run down to Battle next week is a definite … “Work” so the company will be picking up the fuel and hotel tab …😀

Edited by Trooper74

Rode up to Halesowen to do the Bike Sure day with West Midlands Police. Had a great day in perfect weather and actually learned a bit. Had a one on one session for about 4 hours which was really good. Quite recommend it especially if you've not done anything before. I mainly wanted to find out if I'd picked up any bad habits like you tend to and was pleasantly surprised to find out I didn't have anything too bad. A good day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

Rode up to Halesowen to do the Bike Sure day with West Midlands Police. Had a great day in perfect weather and actually learned a bit. Had a one on one session for about 4 hours which was really good. Quite recommend it especially if you've not done anything before. I mainly wanted to find out if I'd picked up any bad habits like you tend to and was pleasantly surprised to find out I didn't have anything too bad. A good day.

But are you not a notorious speed fiend ?

• Haha 1

For half the year he's as good as gold - never goes over 25 knots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, bonio said:

For half the year he's as good as gold - never goes over 25 knots.

15 if you don't mind!

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve taken the bike over to Brands Hatch today to watch some club racing. Thing is, there was a crash in the warm up and they’re still clearing the track…an hour and a half later.

If racing doesn’t start soon I might ride down to the coast for an ice cream. Actually I might do that regardless.

zXOxGnU.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rob m said:

I’ve taken the bike over to Brands Hatch today to watch some club racing. Thing is, there was a crash in the warm up and they’re still clearing the track…an hour and a half later.

If racing doesn’t start soon I might ride down to the coast for an ice cream. Actually I might do that regardless.

zXOxGnU.jpg

Yeah, enjoy riding, taste the sea air and ice-cream instead of fumes.

• Like 2

Took out the 175 this afternoon.  Did a 40 mile or so loop, taking in my fairly local Breighton Airfield and thereby nicely combining two of my passions, bike and aviation.

Breighton is a renowned vintage aircraft field and often Spitfires will visit.  It was once home to a mk2 Hurricane and a P51 too, but I think they moved on.

There are signs at the entrance gate saying no public allowed, but I think the airfield changed hands and as long as you buy a coffee and a sausage roll/ slice of cake in the clubhouse restaurant, they do not mind you rocking up.  It is far friendlier than of old. 

I suppose they just do not want to be rammed by hundreds of joe public with their kids running around the place.  Airfields are dangerous places.

Mature bikers sipping coffee at the tables, watching the planes 20ft away are no problem.

In fact as I was leaving, two guys were stood by their bikes at the gate, a triumph and a velocette I believe.  The sign was putting them off entering.  I put them right and they were going in for a coffee when I left.

So if you are looking for a destination somewhere different, Breighton is the place.  Delightful rural ride involving fast A roads and winding country lanes through picturesque villages too.

https://www.realaero.com/

DT having a rest.

53810511048_78c21268f8_h.jpg

Tiger Moth.

53810278176_758ad51c66_h.jpg

J3 Piper Cub.

53810598884_7a90de1901_h.jpg

Bucher Jungmester.

53810510573_144fde6a62_h.jpg

Bye.

53810706985_dc51fe356e_h.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone knows a witch?😤

Yesterday the pan started fine. A few times actually.

Today the stupid thing only starts when jump started with the shadow.

Battery stays at 12.7v even with HISS for some time. Unplug it and stays at that voltage.

Is it possible the battery has died?🤔🤔🤔

IMG20240623171010.thumb.jpg.b06b869b23991c4d42e4fba9dfd1c128.jpg

Very likely.  AGM batteries often display good volts and insufficient cranking amps when they fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, husoi said:

Does anyone knows a witch?😤

Yesterday the pan started fine. A few times actually.

Today the stupid thing only starts when jump started with the shadow.

Battery stays at 12.7v even with HISS for some time. Unplug it and stays at that voltage.

Is it possible the battery has died?🤔🤔🤔

IMG20240623171010.thumb.jpg.b06b869b23991c4d42e4fba9dfd1c128.jpg

Absobloodylutely .. recently had this on step daughters Clio - plenty of volts, charging well, couldn’t crank to save its life, new battery and away it went, was only a stay of execution though, it’s just been scrapped through required repairs being uneconomically viable - RIP Clio

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, husoi said:

Well @Stuwill be happy.

A new battery ordered from SBS 🙂

Now we wait.

I will only be happy if you have used the link on the forum :lol: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I will only be happy if you have used the link on the forum :lol: 

I did use the link 🤔🤔

Then logon to my account and got the battery 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

That battery was OK until you serviced the rear brake.... 😁

Maybe I have electric brakes and don't know 😂😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Nick the wanderer said:

So if I click to SBS through this site you get bonus points from them? So much I don't know, it just passes me by.. 🤔

Small percentage on purchases 👍

Today, a 300km run along the levees of the Loire.  I'm trying to cross every bridge over the Loire, even the ferries count. A bit like Munro bagging I suppose, but I got fed up with the midgies and the rain at that caper.  This is much better.  

This is the Loire at Anger. You can see just how high it is.  Obviously Climate Catastrophie ! 

DSC01441.thumb.JPG.3c19ef41f3cbe5b97349c6b5b14aafef.JPG

A rather elegant wee But 'n Ben on the riverside .

DSC01443.thumb.JPG.c6fa34c83480c489133b375d8d935b69.JPG

I'l bet they're hoping that there's no more rain !

DSC01442.thumb.JPG.fbdb4c68a6f09ab1a4a660253bef751d.JPG

My trusty old Yamaha TDM 850, now officially a " Moto de Collection"  and exempt from any ULEZ crap....at least here ?

DSC01445.thumb.JPG.8243205a32ee96b2e0756580464b5b07.JPG

• Like 6