BMW R Nine T scrambler Thoughts?

Hi all!! 

New member to this forum, and a new member to the best community in the world. 

What are your guys and gals opinions on the BMW R Nine T ?? 

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the comfort of the bike and if it’s a decent bike to go for. 

what’s your thoughts??

40 minutes ago, Byjoshbrown said:

Hi all!! 

New member to this forum, and a new member to the best community in the world. 

What are your guys and gals opinions on the BMW R Nine T ?? 

I’ve heard mixed reviews on the comfort of the bike and if it’s a decent bike to go for. 

what’s your thoughts??

My thoughts, if you like it everyone else's thoughts are irrelevant, if your talking reliability that's another thing but taste and  preferences are personal and no one can help you with that 😁

• Like 1

What Bender said. If you like it and it suits you, then it's right. 

I want to ride one so much, I'm almost desperate. I think they look awesome, and the sound of the boxer engine is gorgeously smooth and purry. 

Saw a couple recently at my local bimmer dealer, they come in many configurations, some looks better than others. 

Take for for a test ride, to find out. 

As for reliability, just like any brand/model, it varies. 

Edited by Simon Davey

Comfort is different from one person to the next. We're all different shapes and sizes, and we all have different levels of comfort we want to achieve. Only way to find out if its comfortable for you is to take it on a test ride - like a 2 hour + one, if you can (and if you can't, try a different dealership). 

I think it's a cracking-looking bike, plus it has that awesome boxer engine which is undiluted delight. I expect it has the standard rag-and-bones BMW gear box which sounds like it's made out of old tractor parts whenever you change gear (but I don't know, I've not ridden one). But if it has a quickshifter, you don't end up doing manual gear changes that often. 

I've ridden one briefly and I found it very uncomfortable but that was for me. Other people love them so I suggest you try one and see. The seat isn't imo very comfy.  As I say try it and if it fits you go for it, if it doesn't try something different. 

as what the others say, its you as a unique individual so you need to sit on one for a decent time and go through a play with it.

reliability is not the strongest for that model for a few reasons as there seems to stem from a ok one to a lemon bike (monday ot friday built), finish and electrical seems to be the wider issues with the odd shaft problem. so if it very different to what youve had before and didnt find them a problem then its going to be an adaptation at best.

It’s a bike that was only produced for a year, I think. And that 8 years ago or so. As with any bike of that kind of age - condition is everything. It’s not the type of bike that will have been abused. And it’s definitely the kind of bike that will have been serviced religiously and to the letter. Any issues fixed years ago. They were built with customisation specifically in mind so any ergonomic issues should be easy enough to fix. The trick is finding one - especially one that you can test ride and is reasonably standard. You might have to travel outside your area. I’ve studiously avoided them for fear that a test ride would convince me it’s a must-have. I’ve been caught out by BMW that way before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gerontious said:

I’ve studiously avoided them for fear that a test ride would convince me it’s a must-have. 

That's like me and new Multistrada. If someone can tell me how truly shite it is, I can relax when I next go past the dealership.

55 minutes ago, bonio said:

That's like me and new Multistrada. If someone can tell me how truly shite it is, I can relax when I next go past the dealership.

No, you absolutely must go to the nearest dealer to buy one. 

• Haha 1