What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Not much planned. Nice walk today, start digging soakaway tomorrow. Lovely fry up at home with a surprise double yolker and a pot of loose leaf tea.

Edited by goat

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Hmm...I have seen a nice 1972 CB350 K4 in very nice condition for a very good price. It's just round the corner. 

I am trying to be realistic. It is hard. 

I know that feeling.

My weekend started on Thursday which was shooting the Essex Masters, good day out with decent weather and even better company. Friday and Saturday was car shopping as I need to replace the little Abarth with something that can sit on motorways better. Today is shooting again then giving the bike a wash before tomorrow's Mayday run to the coast.

• Like 1

Today I popped down to Carlisle Airport to have a practice of my slow riding. A most enjoyable event.

Most of the courses were pretty straight forward, though one was a bit of a challenge (the designer, an ex-police rider admitted it was a tricky course for him, too). I was surprised how many riders were struggling at simple manoeuvres at slow speed. 

F5F239C0-B71D-4BB8-8944-FBEC975573BC.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Today I popped down to Carlisle Airport to have a practice of my slow riding. A most enjoyable event.

Most of the courses were pretty straight forward, though one was a bit of a challenge (the designer, an ex-police rider admitted it was a tricky course for him, too). I was surprised how many riders were struggling at simple manoeuvres at slow speed. 

F5F239C0-B71D-4BB8-8944-FBEC975573BC.jpeg

That sounds like a lot of fun. Will keep an eye out for future events.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 10:50, goat said:

Not much planned. Nice walk today, start digging soakaway tomorrow. Lovely fry up at home with a surprise double yolker and a pot of loose leaf tea.

God, you don't half live life to the full.  Keep it up !

Survived the grandchildren, enjoyed the food and son and I demolished bottle of 12yo rum. That took Sunday to recover. Now in Morpeth after another boring thrash up the motorways of England. 

• Like 5

On 30/04/2023 at 22:19, Ronnie said:

God, you don't half live life to the full.  Keep it up !

I bought socks as well you know.

This weekend I am sailing in a regatta for RC sailing boats. The qualifying races were on Wednesday in two series of four races. I won one race in the first series and came overall 2nd. Then three races in the second series so came overall 1st.

The regatta is team racing, the series leaders are paired with someone from the opposite end of the racing. So the winner is paired with the lowest ranking helm, and so on down the rankings.

I think I'm paired with someone who is a novice so I need to think how I can support and tutor them. Which is really hard because it's like riding a bike, you have years of experience but putting that into words to support and tutor a novice isn't as easy as it sounds.

• Like 4

Trundling back down the motorways to home. Had thought of doing a more interesting route but can't leave Morpeth before 1300 and the forecast is more bloody rain. Doesn't matter whether I go east or west of the Pennines its still wet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

This weekend I am sailing in a regatta for RC sailing boats. The qualifying races were on Wednesday in two series of four races. I won one race in the first series and came overall 2nd. Then three races in the second series so came overall 1st.

The regatta is team racing, the series leaders are paired with someone from the opposite end of the racing. So the winner is paired with the lowest ranking helm, and so on down the rankings.

I think I'm paired with someone who is a novice so I need to think how I can support and tutor them. Which is really hard because it's like riding a bike, you have years of experience but putting that into words to support and tutor a novice isn't as easy as it sounds.

Get them to sail there own race ignore team racing aspect.  Then your job is to antagonise the other team to let your novice keep ahead.

Get it right you can get the other teams all working on you and let your novices escape.  Your b novices will soon learn about covering, and tactics to help you out   

Worked for me at uni.

Although RC might have different rules.

• Like 2

Our rc sailing went well. The guy I was paired with turned out to be quite a natural and we were putting in some good results. After the first 4 races we were joint first in terms of points. 

By the last lap of the last race we were heading for victory...but then disaster struck. Tacking on the last mark an unlucky windshift caught him off guard and he fouled on the mark, going from 4th to last place. We ended up in second place by 2 points.  

It was a tricky mark that I had struggled to get right so he was just plain unlucky. But it was a great afternoon. 

• Like 4

Currently in Crete amazed that anyone on 2 wheels is alive. Road rules seems to be guidelines at best. Wearing a helmet? Yes, no, maybe one that doesn't fit and the strap is closed, maybe one that looks like an old ashtray upside down. Pedestrian crossing rules depends on who's driving. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

Currently in Crete amazed that anyone on 2 wheels is alive. Road rules seems to be guidelines at best. Wearing a helmet? Yes, no, maybe one that doesn't fit and the strap is closed, maybe one that looks like an old ashtray upside down. Pedestrian crossing rules depends on who's driving. 

Crete, it's dammed civilised,try Bali 😂

• Haha 1

Out last night, putting coving back up that removed itself during last year's heatwave, thought I had better start it before it turned into a year of no coving 😂

I've used ct1 this time, it's hopefully not coming down again.....

• Like 1

Popped round the olds,  fitted a new washing line airer thing, descaled their coffee machine, and a few other odd jobs, dug a bit more of our soakaway, sorted the extractor ducting that the builders half arsed, and had a lovely walk round a  local nature reserve. Now enjoying a good rum whilst the pork belly cooks. Tomorrow off to see Eric Bibb. 

We went to see Scott Bradlee’s Post Modern Jukebox (ably supported by a chap who goes under the monicker “The Last Morrell”) at the Sage, Gateshead on Friday. I’m glad we went to see them as it’s a good show though I’m not sure I’d go to see them for a second time. 

96355592-539C-4674-9639-56B32C23E1E7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goat said:

Popped round the olds,  fitted a new washing line airer thing, descaled their coffee machine, and a few other odd jobs, dug a bit more of our soakaway, sorted the extractor ducting that the builders half arsed, and had a lovely walk round a  local nature reserve. Now enjoying a good rum whilst the pork belly cooks. Tomorrow off to see Eric Bibb. 

LOVE Eric Bibb!

11 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

LOVE Eric Bibb!

It will be our third time seeing him live. He's brilliant. Effortless talent.