What you doing this weekend?

rennie

We were meant to be having a quiet, stay at home weekend!

Now we're taking the van to a pub about 15 miles away Saturday afternoon and staying the night!

There's a couple of bands/singers on then karaoke and of course beer :thumb: :cheers:

Oh well it'll be good practice for next week when we're going to Red Rooster festival :cheers:

• Like 3

This weekend BMCRC racing at Donnington Sat and Sun so staying over.

Looking forward to this as haven`t been to a good club race meet for years.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

working. so this weekend I will mostly be looking forward to next weekend and next weekend I will really be looking forward to the weekend after. trying to contain my excitement. 

Riding up to Glasgow to do some DIY and gardening on the step daughters’ places, then babysit grandchildren for the week. 

Sometimes I wish I was a bit rubbish at DIY and gardening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So tomorrow we are off to Tuscany, n area that I truly love, I am sure my short fat hairy tings are Italian, they seem much happier to walk home after a night out in Tuscany than after similar in Yorkshire!

My last trip to the region was on two wheels, loved it,  sadly she didn't fall in love with 10 days pillion on the K1200s seat, as a result, she's booked the big iron bird, and that's not a definition of a local lass, or is it?

10 days drinking excellent local grape juice, eating food that tastes as good as it looks, and a weather forecast from hades, do i give a shit, nope. 

I have successfully bartered a two week two wheel trip up to Scotland in the summer, win win me thinks

Have fun youall

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Fender1515 said:

So tomorrow we are off to Tuscany, n area that I truly love, I am sure my short fat hairy tings are Italian, they seem much happier to walk home after a night out in Tuscany than after similar in Yorkshire!

My last trip to the region was on two wheels, loved it,  sadly she didn't fall in love with 10 days pillion on the K1200s seat, as a result, she's booked the big iron bird, and that's not a definition of a local lass, or is it?

10 days drinking excellent local grape juice, eating food that tastes as good as it looks, and a weather forecast from hades, do i give a shit, nope. 

I have successfully bartered a two week two wheel trip up to Scotland in the summer, win win me thinks

Have fun youall

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have been window shopping for a K1300S lately, lovely bikes. Mrs. Fiddlesticks seems a little skeptical about the passenger comfort though.

Today I took on the Whinlatter, Honister, Wrynose & Hardknott passes in the Lakes. .beautiful day for it. As a new rider I was a bit nervous especially for the Hardknott but I felt attacking it was required and it paid off. Momentum is your mate.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Bender said:

I'm mostly suffering with some form of cold this weekend FFS.

Glad to know I'm not alone. Spent half my Spanish holiday snotting around. Blamed my youngest grandson for the infection. 

• Sad 1

We really enjoyed the festival! We'll probably go again next year!

I don't deal with big crowds well but it was manageable.:thumb:

Edit: we've booked next year at earlybird prices! :thumb: :cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2023 at 22:50, Fiddlesticks said:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have been window shopping for a K1300S lately, lovely bikes. Mrs. Fiddlesticks seems a little skeptical about the passenger comfort though.

When I take the bike out, I mostly seem to have an observer, critic, partner sitting behind me, she has been a driving instructor for many years and was a biker, funny how the intercom tends to shut down, all on its own accord, after an interesting twisty section, I do need to invest in some kidney protecting gear!

My partner has had a hip replacement, and as a result, is now able to walk 10>15 miles over the Moors. prior to the opp, she struggled to make  the bed or hoover, this is not a sexist comment, just reality.

On the K1200s she is pretty comfortable with 4, 6 hours riding per day, with the obligatory fuel and comfort breaks.  mainly required to accommodate my old gits bladder issues. 

If asked, and I don't!, she would probably comment the K1200s is not as comfortable as the ZZR1300, which she fell asleep on several times, but for me, at the pointy end, I do like this bike. 

PS: Tuscany trip was fabulous, and coming home to sunshine, life is good.

• Like 3

Spoilt for choice this weekend.  Our village has a blues and bbq with various bands playing on the village green.

Plus Touring Cars at Oulton Park. Which I get into for free as a local resident. 

Plus the grandchildren popping in for a picnic by the swings. 

That follows a blast out on one of the bikes to visit my dear old mum to start looking for a mobility scooter for her. She's given up driving. As my brother said, It takes the terror off the roads and onto the pavement.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, rennie said:

We're going away in the van again! All last minute! :classic_biggrin:

We're going to kessingland or somewhere close, chasing the sunset! :scratch:

The site we're booked on has a bar :thumb: :cheers:

I ran along the cliffs near Kessingland naked one evening. Feel free to hold on to that image when you watch the sun rise or the moon.

This weekend I am up with my Dad. Planning on getting him a new mobility scooter tomorrow followed by a covid booster (he wants it). Saturday we are going clothes shopping - him being virtually deaf and blind means he needs assistance.  In between we are visiting my mum who has dementia so all in all riotous fun....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

This weekend I am up with my Dad. Planning on getting him a new mobility scooter tomorrow followed by a covid booster (he wants it). Saturday we are going clothes shopping - him being virtually deaf and blind means he needs assistance.  In between we are visiting my mum who has dementia so all in all riotous fun....

It's pay back for when you could hardly walk, couldn't put your own pants on and had a snotty nose.

Circle of life, one I may want to opt out of when I think I'm becoming a burden.

12 hours ago, rennie said:

We're going away in the van again! All last minute! :classic_biggrin:

We're going to kessingland or somewhere close, chasing the sunset! :scratch:

The site we're booked on has a bar :thumb: :cheers:

Chasing the sunrise, more like.

I was up just the other side of Kessingland Tuesday evening, on a Biker Down course: CPR and tourniquets and so on. At the end they handed out first aid kits containing only plasters. :scratch:

• Haha 1

I've set my Dad up with a new mobility scooter. I could have got a bike for similar money (his I hasten to add) - £3000! Will be delivered on Wednesday next week. As he says there's not much else he spends money on apart from gin and rum.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...I volunteered to cover safety boat at an event offering young people a chance of getting into sailing. It seemed a good idea at the time. But the forecast is 20mph+ winds coming from a direction which means massive turbulence, heavy rain and thunderstorms. 

Either they cancel it or I'm going to be very busy. 

• Haha 1