What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Just now, Yorky said:

That's why God invented rain, and gave you lot up in Scotland plenty of it.

Yes, but would need to rain cats and dogs for that to work.

9 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Either they cancel it or I'm going to be very busy. 

And wet. 🌊🤿

• Like 1

I’m camping overnight in the garden with youngest granddaughter (10yo)

Its gonna piss down with 40mph winds, so I put up the borrowed tent today during a dry spell.

Hopefully she’ll enjoy the experience & not bail out at 02:00.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mickly said:

I’m camping overnight in the garden with youngest granddaughter (10yo)

Its gonna piss down with 40mph winds, so I put up the borrowed tent today during a dry spell.

Hopefully she’ll enjoy the experience & not bail out at 02:00.

I’ve delegated sleeping in the tent with grandson to my good lady for this evening. The tent is around 30 years old and is probably not waterproof so we’ve erected the gazebo over it as a precaution. 

A larger replacement tent has been bought  (Blacks have a 60% off sale I found this evening) for future grandchildren / step-grandchildren visit. 

D2D2FBB9-CE99-4AFA-B690-3F5EF8B88124.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I’ve delegated sleeping in the tent with grandson to my good lady for this evening. The tent is around 30 years old and is probably not waterproof so we’ve erected the gazebo over it as a precaution. 

A larger replacement tent has been bought  (Blacks have a 60% off sale I found this evening) for future grandchildren / step-grandchildren visit. 

My good lady delegated to me 😩

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Sigh, going back to work but on a brighter note I'm flying out to the Bahamas on Saturday and not joining my ship until Monday. Not that I'll be able to do much.

There are some interesting areas around Nassau, some lovely highly dubious local probably illegal bars and women of few morals and even less teeth, ohh yea it's fooking expensive.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Here’s our set up 

Says it’s a 4 person job, 4 fookin midgets 

4A2A3757-4BE9-4D85-BC20-4B013CEA2D17.thumb.jpeg.63eefdad4a135b32343ad43c86d838f2.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fleck said:

We going to cadwell Park Suzuki event, not been before and neither of us own a Suzuki but should be fun 🤔

Cadwell Park. If Carlsberg made motorbike tracks it would be Cadwell. I’ve had many happy days there, both as a spectator and riding around it. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Here’s our set up 

Says it’s a 4 person job, 4 fookin midgets 

4A2A3757-4BE9-4D85-BC20-4B013CEA2D17.thumb.jpeg.63eefdad4a135b32343ad43c86d838f2.jpeg

I’ve bought one of These. Similarly, supposed to be for four people but it looks a bit tight. The expectation is that we’ll fit three in at most, and it’s only intended for when grandchildren stay with us and want to camp on the grass. I can see a time when we have more relatives visiting than we have space for, mind… in which case it may be pressed into service. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bonio said:

Beautiful!

Hope the end of the chaos is coming into sight.

Think it is now. We've got a load of odd jobs to do. Flooring going down week after next, then the kitchen can finally be fitted. 

2 minutes ago, bonio said:

We should meet up for a drink and you can tell me your battle stories. 😁

Deffo.would be nice to do something other than work and think about building work that's for sure. 

8 minutes ago, goat said:

Deffo.would be nice to do something other than work and think about building work that's for sure. 

Have you tried the revamped garden house/smokehouse yet?

We haven't but it's on the list :cheers: