Nob of the Day.......

Tango

At least your ok ish :thumb:

Any chance of a ride out in your police car when your on shouts., maybe even have a drive :D Don't mind running into shops and getting doughnuts and that for you .

I think today I will nominate a bright red Audi...

So there I was coming round the corner out in the middle of the road so can be seen as early as possible... Knowing the car park is there and doing the 40 mph speed limit...

If he goes now that will be OK thinks I easing of no he waits he looks then he goes.... Bugger hard on Anchors then who sees me and stops.. I do my best to go round the front whilst breaking hard...

I hear my soft pannier scrape along his bonnet... Look in my mirror and he is pulling away and gone....

My scariest one to date....

Newish CBR600F that filtered on the redline of first gear.

Stationary traffic is no place to do 50mph down the middle. And two people heard the engine last second and nearly put the car in a hedge.

Utter nob sack.

What is the point in getting to work early? No one on their death bed ever said they wish they put more time in at the office.

I think today I will nominate a bright red Audi...

So there I was coming round the corner out in the middle of the road so can be seen as early as possible... Knowing the car park is there and doing the 40 mph speed limit...

If he goes now that will be OK thinks I easing of no he waits he looks then he goes.... Bugger hard on Anchors then who sees me and stops.. I do my best to go round the front whilst breaking hard...

I hear my soft pannier scrape along his bonnet... Look in my mirror and he is pulling away and gone....

My scariest one to date....

Jeez! That sounds awful mate :shock: I would have been shaking and furious.. Just glad you're ok!

Woman at work claiming not to get the message that (as an administrator) i send her, telling her she has 2 minutes to log off. I continue to watch her do her work and ignore the message so i send one more. After that she carries on so i force a log off.

She rings up moaning i never warned her and she never saw the messages even though i tested it on several other users. So either her PC is broken or she is lying.

I wonder which.. Got to love IT..

so either her PC is broken or she is lying.

You should send her the following messages

*AUTOMESSAGE* This computer will be shut down in two minutes

(two minutes later)

*AUTOMESSAGE* SHUT DOWN? To prevent shut down type DELAY

then when she types DELAY you reply back with

Now I know you've seen this you've got 30 seconds to save your stuff before I boot you off. HAVE A NICE DAY NOW!

so either her PC is broken or she is lying.

You should send her the following messages

*AUTOMESSAGE* This computer will be shut down in two minutes

(two minutes later)

*AUTOMESSAGE* SHUT DOWN? To prevent shut down type DELAY

then when she types DELAY you reply back with

Now I know you've seen this you've got 30 seconds to save your stuff before I boot you off. HAVE A NICE DAY NOW!

That just evil :twisted: but good :thumb:

My NOTD is a gym newbie, only been there a few weeks.

In short.

Teenage lass who spent ages talking, did a set on each piece of kit, then asked me for help as I was on the machine next to her.

Little chit chat, exchanged routines etc.

All I said was to in future consider doing sets on a specific muscle group as it gets better gains and this seemed to provoke some internal fire.

The conversation just derailed, with the statement “So you’re saying I’m wasting my time?” just coming out of nowhere.

Chat ended abruptly as I just basically asked to be left alone if all she was going to do was have a go at me.

Threw a look at the personal trainer I’m buddies with. Found out she’d managed to fall out with pretty much every member of staff that had talked to her about gym stuff. Weird!

Spent the rest of the evening there with this girls mates trying to get an evil glare in, I just smiled back. I’m fairly sure “Why not try this routine” became “He called me stupid and a horrible fat mess” or some nonsense.

Teenagers…

My NOTD is a gym newbie, only been there a few weeks.

In short.

Teenage lass who spent ages talking, did a set on each piece of kit, then asked me for help as I was on the machine next to her.

Little chit chat, exchanged routines etc.

All I said was to in future consider doing sets on a specific muscle group as it gets better gains and this seemed to provoke some internal fire.

The conversation just derailed, with the statement “So you’re saying I’m wasting my time?” just coming out of nowhere.

Chat ended abruptly as I just basically asked to be left alone if all she was going to do was have a go at me.

Threw a look at the personal trainer I’m buddies with. Found out she’d managed to fall out with pretty much every member of staff that had talked to her about gym stuff. Weird!

Spent the rest of the evening there with this girls mates trying to get an evil glare in, I just smiled back. I’m fairly sure “Why not try this routine” became “He called me stupid and a horrible fat mess” or some nonsense.

Teenagers…

Still better than the guy who cant put his weights down properly or back in the rack.

"HEY GUYS LOOK HOW STRONG I AM!!" *The very earth shakes as this ogre drops his 400lb weight.*

Still better than the guy who cant put his weights down properly or back in the rack.

"HEY GUYS LOOK HOW STRONG I AM!!" *The very earth shakes as this ogre drops his 400lb weight.*

RAAH! GYM RANT!

The nobs who don't rerack their weight.

Sit on their phone for 10 minutes after completing a set on the machine you want to use.

The ones who throw the weight down on the floor like "Look at me" and the rest of us are like "Yes look at you, captain compensation"

The ones you spot needle marks peppered around a spot on their abdomen/arm/etc that get huge in no time then claim they've been there for 5 years.

The guys flexing their huge arms in the mirror, with match stick legs, they genuinely believe they look amazing.

Other than that... It's not a bad place :)

Forgetting leg day....lol

I miss the gym. Haven't been training for over 12 month now but you see the wonders of the world in a gym.

For me the best gyms to train in were the old meat head gyms. No posing and no real competitive ness only encouragement.

Worst by far are the DW etc. Full of posing and nastiness.

I swim twice a week and gym once do a basic full body work out. Dont care about getting big. just aim to stay a bit healthier.

And if that's the aim, that's brilliant.

I started because it really helped both physically and mentally. I needed focus and something to work towards.

I was also bordering anorexia by accident, I was always told I ate a lot, but the truth was I never had breakfast, barely a lunch, and just had a big meal in the evening so people thought I was fine despite my diminishing stature.

At 6 foot 2 you should not be bordering 60kg or 9.5 stone in English.

So sorted the diet, came up 4 stone over 2 years, and now I hold it.

I have a heart murmur so it's for the best I keep myself healthy I think. The irregular beat has subsided a lot with the new diet and activity levels.

Jaysus Fozzie.

9.5 stone. 6ft 2.

Similar height. Last time I saw 10 stone I was 11 year old. ..lol

I trained really out of habit. Played rugby so it was just something you did.

You are right tho. The mental benefits from regular training are fantastic.

R lass swims a lot. 3x weekly. Mile plus each time. She swims because like a lot of others she doesn't like the gym.

I was always the other way because I get bored swimming.

I really should get some exercise as I am roughly 2 stone over what I probably should be. Would be a lot worse if I didn't have a job which has me on my feet and always moving for 12 hours (plus carrying 40kg barrels of chips upstairs several times a day :shock: )

The can of beer at the end of a shift every night probably doesn't help either!! :cheers:

I really should get some exercise as I am roughly 2 stone over what I probably should be. Would be a lot worse if I didn't have a job which has me on my feet and always moving for 12 hours (plus carrying 40kg barrels of chips upstairs several times a day :shock: )

The can of beer at the end of a shift every night probably doesn't help either!! :cheers:

Your not over weight! Just under height :wink:

Jaysus Fozzie.

9.5 stone. 6ft 2.

Similar height. Last time I saw 10 stone I was 11 year old. ..lol

I was a light build growing up, I didn't get 9 stone until I was about 14-15 :lol:

When I started I had a max on the bench press of 35kg for 8-10 reps. I warm up on 70kg now :lol:

Max I've shoved is 120kg.

Stopped at some traffic lights, red traffic lights and this little yaris decides to come charging down the inside of me, through the red lights.

Oh if only that Bin lorry had carried on with his turn. Fortunately I didn't get rear ended as I'd just finished filtering so was wide on the lane else that would have been me wiped out.

Stopped at some traffic lights, red traffic lights and this little yaris decides to come charging down the inside of me, through the red lights.

Oh if only that Bin lorry had carried on with his turn. Fortunately I didn't get rear ended as I'd just finished filtering so was wide on the lane else that would have been me wiped out.

similar incident this morning, was filtering along side stationary traffic on my left doing about 25mph, on my side of the road and a Chelsea tractor was so far over to his right, that he encroached on my lane, so close I felt the brush of his wingmirror....

Was definitely a moment I don't wish to repeat.... w**kers