Nob of the Day.......

Tango

1 hour ago, rennie said:

Last time I was out on the bike I enjoyed a rather spirited few miles of A road! With a Tesla! We weren't racing of course but I won :classic_biggrin:

He wants to learn how to drive then 😂 

I ended up in the middle of a group of long way round wannabes last year out in the sticks all on oversized land barges with panniers, I know the roads well, the rear half dropped back 2 pulled over and only one was persisting at staying Infront of me, give him his due he didn't wait for the rest of them, couldn't pass him on the straights but he was way slower in the corners, I was in my van tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Pulled out on at the same roundabout twice. Going to shops, old man pulls out from the left and I slam on to avoid. I could see him looking to the left until I honked... He was giving way to the wrong side I'm thinking. Was lucky I saw him looking the wrong way. Old nob.

Coming back from the shops. A van pulled out, but this driver was just in a rush and didn't care. Bashed up gardening service. Just tutted and said "typical". 

Other contender this week was a former colleague who moved to a different part of the business. She narrowly dodged redundancy, and I had complaints about her as she said a lot, did nothing, and she was in charge of standardising approaches to projects that in the end I had to sort out. I suspect I found out why today when she e-mailed everyone to support her Etsy home made jewellery business. Just found it a mix of infuriating and inappropriate, as it's fairly obvious she's investing a lot of time into this thing... Heard someone else remark "wage thief". Don't disagree. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Out yesterday on back roads around Wem area when a guy on a Triumph Tiger came hooning it round a sharp bend on the wrong side of the road. 

Fortunately I was on a bike hugging the apex of the bend. If I'd been in a car he'd have no chance of avoiding a head on collision. 

• Sad 6

Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2024 at 18:37, veracocha said:

About 10 days ago a Range Rover sport driver was acting the big bollox and weaving through traffic at speed in a 30. He forced me to the side in his impatient attempt to beat the lights. I had it on my dashcam so I decided to upload it to the West Mids Police scheme and thought noting of it. I got a call from an Officer today who viewed the footage and confirmed the "nob" has now been sent a NIP for both going through two sets of red lights and having an illegal number plate. They then backed it up with an email saying he will have three points and £200 fine. Karma eh!

only 

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

only £200? barely a tank of fuel worth or a single cheap chinese tyre for the wasteful box so dont think theyll be particularly bothered, should of been quadruple that and the same for the points!

With a driving style like that who knows; it might have took him over the threshold for a ban.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2024 at 13:24, veracocha said:

With a driving style like that who knows; it might have took him over the threshold for a ban.

On 11/05/2024 at 13:24, veracocha said:

hope so 

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise how fragile expensive cars are.

In a filter lane the brand new range rover 4 cars in front had a transmission failure which locked the auto box. No way of moving it and it was right in the middle of the lane. 

The next 2 cars slowly bumped up the curb and filtered past. But the next car was a brand new Audi and the guy refused to go up the sloped curb because it would break his car. 

After a few minutes of trying to persuade him it was a low sloped curb which he could safely negotiate I gave up. 

Which meant I had to drive my tatty old Astra over the traffic island and drop down the square curb at the far side.

Nothing broke. Nothing fell off. These old Vauxhalls must be far better built than Audis. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Landrovers/Range rovers nothing more to be said...

👍🏽 not sure about that generally if im being picky as with the brands reputation old or new but the old hall (and yours must be a peach of a breed) certainly has less tarty unnecessary crap to mark or care for.

Now just to clarify ive had more bangeromics (i do see charm or lemoness 😂) than new plastic fantastics so i see both sides...

Edited by RideWithStyles

As every day passes and the potholes get worse, I’m laughing in my Jeep. 

My Dad had fits at me for buying one - apparently you don’t need full 4x4 spec in Britain he said - but it glides over the craters. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

As every day passes and the potholes get worse, I’m laughing in my Jeep. 

My Dad had fits at me for buying one - apparently you don’t need full 4x4 spec in Britain he said - but it glides over the craters. 

im with you on that Mawsley! 

i had a fiat panda 0.8 85bhp 4x4...with penguins 🐧 on the sides thats how serious i was while i overtake mofos in their 4x4 especially snow, so much finng fun 😢.

Edited by RideWithStyles

Today's nobs are plural - it's the knobheads who have allowed our motorways to deteriorate to the extent they have and the bigger nobs are the ones who have 30 plus miles of alleged road works and average speed 50 mph with sweet FA going on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We need a thread for cringeworthy incidents as nob is perhaps too strong. 

The chap who set up my second interview for a rival company. Who after I accepted the interview from my personal e-mail, sent me a chaser to my work e-mail, which included the meeting details, auto-populating my teams calendar. Which is shared, with my boss, and was noticed almost immediately. 

Now I've received the curly finger from the big boss... Yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

24 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

The chap who set up my second interview for a rival company. Who after I accepted the interview from my personal e-mail, sent me a chaser to my work e-mail, which included the meeting details, auto-populating my teams calendar. Which is shared, with my boss, and was noticed almost immediately. 

I'd say nob was nowhere near strong enough to describe someone showing that level of fuckwittery. Brain dead moron would be the most charitable description with adjectives added as necessary. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Would you want to work for someone who does that?

When you go to see your current boss, it's a good chance to ask for a pay rise ....

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Today's nobs are plural - it's the knobheads who have allowed our motorways to deteriorate to the extent they have and the bigger nobs are the ones who have 30 plus miles of alleged road works and average speed 50 mph with sweet FA going on.

Think of all the fuel you'll save.....

The thing I can't stand about average speed sections, is the dicks that crawl almost past at 52Mph, and then match your speed whilst just sitting alongside....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

and its the worst car you have the look of that triggers/gas lights, like a nissan juke.

Wait.

You're saying there is a car even worse than the juke???? 😳😳😳

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, husoi said:

Wait.

You're saying there is a car even worse than the juke???? 😳😳😳

The Fiat Multipla 

050609_f_press_f_1490-e1641907996811-1024x663.thumb.jpg.557bb0c5ee7999231bcd565edbd73e8b.jpg

Edited by Simon Davey
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I'd say nob was nowhere near strong enough to describe someone showing that level of fuckwittery. Brain dead moron would be the most charitable description with adjectives added as necessary. 

I have checked with a couple of people, and other groups, and your outlook is mostly shared. It was a really bad move on the part of the hiring engineer. 

I've cancelled the interview and given a fair explanation. Personally, I need to have certain ducks in a row before the boss gets involved, like am I 100% on moving to the new company? Where will the better opportunity be?

This situation now puts my boss in a position to call my bluff, no offer has been tabled, so they don't even know if I would have landed the role. So I'm going to play it straight, and avoid the office politics.

Ultimately, I'm being offered positions higher than I am now in other companies that are of a similar reputation. I applied for a role in my own company, and they've left me hanging 4 months while they interview other applicants, and as I understand it, no one has been able to get beyond the bar I set... However, I lack the grey hair they seem to envisage someone having for that role. 

My question to them will be simple "you won't put faith in me to take on the new role, but you also don't want me to leave, discuss". 

• Like 5

their position sounds very clear and doesnt favour you going anywhere further, dump you there and thats that, no place in the lads group for you.

all youve done is look out for yourself as an individual, progress in career and hopefully better contract? nothing wrong with that and maybe as mentioned before- push a blinder of better pay etc or face the possibility you can go somewhere else and even better if its to a "rival", they cant fire you just for looking and talking with new employment as long as its not in works time, especially as they havenot allowed progress.

even if you dont go it keeps them on their toes, sweeten to keep you or potentially leave a hole.

it doesn't surprise me if the rival muppet worker/company did it on purpose as ive heard it done before: test, bait, flush out of the comfort bunker, and change the details when no fall back. maybe im doing them a disservice? 🤔

you know your current employer view of you and job role you belong too, obviously you don't want to sit in it.

shame you cancelled it but i understand why though...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

My question to them will be simple "you won't put faith in me to take on the new role, but you also don't want me to leave, discuss". 

This is a great test. If they don't give you the promotion you're after, then, no matter how they spin the situation to you, you will know that in their rankings, you feature lower than the people they're giving them to. At that point you can move from exploring opportunities elsewhere, to being committed to exit the place. Depending on how bureaucratic your place is, you will know by the end of today, or two weeks absolute max.

• Like 2