Nob of the Day.......

Tango

1 hour ago, Shepherd said:

Was one of them yellow and on The Highway / A13 by any chance? Had the same thing picking Wife and Daughter up from theatreland. Bloody dangerous, and how come they can ignore the average speed cams?

Both black c class. Probably out burning the only £10 a week of fuel they can afford after the PCP payments are made 

• Haha 2

not as much now a days as its harder to do but im sure there is still a few including gang jobs and people getting round the ulez's.....makes you wonder...

i would like to nominate the lancashire county council blue badge services.

with the form filled yet still they failed us miserably. even with the use of their own guide lines of apparently the dft, though from their "WE" reply view is very very much skewed up, so to them dft but really lccbbs, if your not mental unstable (should they be driving?), has no legs, takes medication for it (there is no medication for it), has to have this for x years, on a million pip points.....

we will have to struggle for a lot longer because of it. 

i aint taking that shite lying down from those pompus cretins, will appeal and use the dft guidelines against their own retarded argument now we know what level of GMBT PR bullshite they want to turn on.

I nominate my mate.

Rode out for brekkie at the cafe at Hoar park and a gander at the bikes.

It was very wet with a couple of sharp showers so we got a little damp.

There were not many bikes but loads of people in the cafe.

After looking around and seeing many familiar faces without bike gear, my mate started moaning about all the ruffty tuffty bikers who turned to their cars as soon as it gets a bit wet.

I pointed out that the majority were all old guys and this is probably the only excuse to escape retired mundanity & talk bollox with like minded mates during the most miserable time of the year.

My mate carried on grumbling about it until I told him to just shut the f*ck up - he can be a real knob sometimes, but a good mate most of the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Simon Davey said:

You must be proper mates if you can tell him to shut the feck up

absolutely, he’s said the same to me at times,  embarrassing really as you realise you’ve overstepped the mark.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rennie said:

I've considered applying for a blue badge! I have an allocated disabled parking space at work! It's just 1 of those things I've never got round to 🙄

as long as it ain't through Lancashire, then you have all the chance.

• Like 1

Last night on M1 M25 and around London, so many people with no lights on around 8pm. Some mysteriously with just fog lights on. Some with front DLRs and no rears and with there being a lot of trucks kicking up spray from the road they are invisible.

• Sad 1

Not really a true nob as I felt bad for this guy.

Just sat at the start of the motorway waiting on the lights to change. There's a 125cc scooter that taken the on ramp for about 10 yards and is trying to go backwards before the lights change so he doesn't join the motorway. No other moving vehicles about. Anyway, he makes it just in time and scoots off down the side road however there's a police car that just came round the bend as he did the last yard to get off the on ramp. Blue lights go on and they follow him. 

No idea what happened after. Hopefully the scooter rider felt silly enough in their mistake and they didn't get too harsh a punishment as they didn't get in anyone's way and tried to fix the issue as soon as they realised. 

• Like 3

Whoever attempted to kick off my wing mirror last night while I was at work :hammer:

IMG-20240216-WA0005.jpeg

Couldn't quite manage it but they did to the van parked further down road 

IMG-20240216-WA0003.jpeg

What really pisses me off though is that my wing mirrors are closed so someone took the effort to open them first before attempting to smash it 🤬

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Tiggie said:

Whoever attempted to kick off my wing mirror last night while I was at work :hammer:

IMG-20240216-WA0005.jpeg

Couldn't quite manage it but they did to the van parked further down road 

IMG-20240216-WA0003.jpeg

What really pisses me off though is that my wing mirrors are closed so someone took the effort to open them first before attempting to smash it 🤬

Complete fuckwits. Really do despise the mindless f**kers who gratuitously vandalise other people's property. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Complete fuckwits. Really do despise the mindless f**kers who gratuitously vandalise other people's property. 

And those same fuckwits always get away with it. 

If I so much as farted in public I'd be arrested. 

That's why I always wait until I'm near the perfume aisle in Sainsbury's.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

those sort of people are short of something to do 😬

Some dickhead who just stepped from behind a parked car into the road in front of me while I was driving home.

Even worse he was holding a young girls hand, I nearly took the pair of them out.

Good test of my reactions

• Sad 4

Me for the 1166th time according to my wife for bringing both these carpets upstairs by myself

IMG-20240220-WA0001.jpeg

The bigger one is a 5 metre length. I was actually pretty proud of myself for managing it but no, I should of got help, I could of been hurt etc etc :blah:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Me for the 1166th time according to my wife for bringing both these carpets upstairs by myself

IMG-20240220-WA0001.jpeg

The bigger one is a 5 metre length. I was actually pretty proud of myself for managing it but no, I should of got help, I could of been hurt etc etc :blah:

Shame on you for being so manly. 

I dunno, what on earth is the world coming to 😂

• Haha 1

In my experience, an entreaty not to attempt a particular job is more about the damage you might do to the house, rather than yourself...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

i nominate the muppet in a poverty spec black 1 series bmw that i see (well mostly hear) most afternoons on way back home afterwork over the last few weeks with either a very flat tyre or one with about 5psi...the very distinctive rumbling wet fart sound of a flat tyre that they still haven't sorted out... dangerous and stupid.

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RideWithStyles said:

i nominate the muppet in a poverty spec black 1 series bmw that i see (well mostly hear) most afternoons on way back home afterwork over the last few weeks with either a very flat tyre or one with about 5psi...the very distinctive rumbling wet fart sound of a flat tyre that they still haven't sorted out... dangerous and stupid.

Have you ever considered telling them? You know, to help them? There is a kid around here very similar and one bit of me thinks help him out, and another side says no f**k him. What's the worst that could happen? You could have a friend for life!

I had an absolute dim wit yesterday, and this is not a generalisation but a specific event!

My energy services supplier has been "encouraging" me to get smart meters installed.

Umm, some bad stuff in the press, but i guess it's the way to go, I am not great a remembering or being arsed to send in monthly meter readings.

Installation engineer pitches up at the prescribed time yesterday morning, starts moaning that my gas supply is on the back wall of the house and it was, hissing down, but first he wants to check all the gas appliances, i show him the gas safety certificate issued 10 days ago, response, don't care mate, i need to check all the appliances, OK fill your boots, oven checked, we have a gas fire in the lounge, never used from one year to the next, but was checked out and passed as fit for purpose 10 days ago, so he gets on his knees, takes a look at the unit and, I don't like the way the coals, imitation type, are stacked, and the unit looks very old, me, it's 10 days older than when it was last checked and passed as being serviceable, what's this got to do with fitting a meter? him, I am going to write this up, me, what your going to do is pack up your kit and exit through that door, him, I got a job to do mate, me, shame you don't know how to do it,   i think you need some customer training before they let you again.

He promised to report me to his supervisor, I said get him on the phone now, and I will happily have that conversation, he didn't accept and left.

I work in the property business, I work with trades day in day out, I can honestly say, we get on fine, most of the trades I have worked with for years, they are pals, this guy, arrogant arse, but feel free to  make up your own minds 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Whoever installed this fork seal by walloping it in with a screwdriver.

20240222_094003.jpg

Naaaah, that's where they took it out with a screwdriver, then decided it was OK, and put it back 😂😂

• Haha 3