Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The discs will be rusty from the top (outer rim and where the vents are between to two fiction surfaces) and inner surface below the pad if thats the case.
Surface Rusting on the friction surface (faces) with a regular used disc is just due to the iron and other metal elements withing the disc, ugly looking but not worth replacing.

wear now this can be a combination of the two types of material used together... but to round this off quickly:

1 disc - hard or soft.

2 pads - hard or soft.

So one combination = c 1soft 2hard.

second =c 1soft 2soft.

with a combination of owt between that could be interchangeable.

so you could get robbed if you had soft discs and soft pads... bwhich from the sounds of it youve got that one combo.

there are positive and negatives for each type which i wont go i to with this post...

Without seening the discs (wear and lipped?)  and pads (wear) difficult to know if they are taking the piss and want to change it too soon just to fill their pockets as its not the first time a dealer (not just nissan) to do this trick.

dont know why your taking it to nissan dealer? Especially for the brakes or even a basic service, Just use a trusted local garage...

Edited by RideWithStyles
Autocorrect

Or because Nissan cut on costs and used crap materials low quality parts instead of decent ones.

My first leaf had the same discs for 57k miles, 4 years and nowhere near needing changed.

Proof of the crap materials they are using is that during the inspection clip, the guy mentioned low quality (aftermarket) wipers when they are still the original.

That's Datsun done for me... :up:

Will be better off with BYD chinese one. At least I know I'll be buying chinese cheap stuff.

Taking it to Nissan because it's a service contract that cost me 350 quid for 3 years and includes 1yr RAC breakdown cover for each service.

This a leaf again? 
i know the first gens had heavy Regen on them so you hardly really needed to use the brakes but alot of people didn't like the feeling nor trust it so the later generations they relaxed it and made it adjustable even later on. So same materials used but youd use the brakes more and wear them out quicker, maybe thats the case?

oh you took the bait and signed up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, husoi said:

Proof of the crap materials they are using is that during the inspection clip, the guy mentioned low quality (aftermarket) wipers when they are still the original.

That's Datsun done for me... :up:

Who did the inspection? The dealers tech? Well if thats the case of what you said i wouldnt trust the tech nor the dealer involved, especially if they want to change the discs too early...sounds like your beeing milked.

• Like 1

I'm on my 3rd Leaf and won't go ICE again.

First one was 2st gen 30kw. after that was the limited edition 62kw and now another 62kw.

I love the regen mode and if you know how to work it out you rarely need the brakes.

They have the e-pedal which works well until you learn how to drive without it. once you get the hang of it you don't need e-pedal any longer.

The inspection was done by some idiot who even banged his head under the car when he walked from the rear to the front. That's how brilliant they are...

They can try to milk me, I assure you they will get something different. and won't be whipped cream... 🤣

• Haha 2

Plenty of the guys I know who used to work as 'technicians' at main dealers left because they got fed up of the constant demand that they find at least £200 worth of extra work on every car that comes in. Most people don't know any better so if they are told brakes need work they just pay up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah dont blame the manufacturer just solely dealer! dont let them work on it or pay them and go to a different one if you have to or just go to a private garage.

write a lovely email to nissan about your experience and problems with the dealer to investigate, some manufacturers do care as it hurts there brand image... did it to two fiat/renualt combo dealers, both not trading with the brand shortly afterwards before folding cos of bad business practices.

help yourself and others to rid of the crooks.

Edited by RideWithStyles
Auto correct

3 minutes ago, RideWithStyles said:

Yeah dont blame the manufacturer just solely dealer! dont let them work on it or pay them and go to a different one if you have to or just go to a private garage.

write a lovely email to nissan about your experience and problems with the dealer to investigate, some manufacturers do care as it hurts there brand image... did it to two fiat/renualt combo dealers, both not trading with the brand shortly afterwards before folding cos of bad business practices.

help yourself and others to rid of the crooks.

Oh, it won't go unnoticed.

Just waiting for the survey they always send after the service.

Someone will have an heart attack.

The fact the discs are of poor quality is manufacturer stupidity little to do with the dealer.

Just read a review on BYD cars, and they seem trying to beat everybody :thumb: 

I shall nominate the council muppet who arranged the diversion signs near my mother's house. I was bringing her back from hospital following her stroke 3 weeks ago. There was a road closure with diversion signs.....except if you followed the signs they took you round the corner....to another road closure. 

There was total mayhem as people who didn't know the area went round in circles.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

🤣🤣

Suspected French thief caught after phone-drop fiasco - BBC News

A suspected thief is in custody in a Paris suburb after dropping his phone during a burglary - and then calling it in an attempt to get it back, French media say.

Le Parisien newspaper says the intruder fled after being surprised by the resident of a Colombes flat on Friday.

The suspect made off with a laptop but lost his phone while running away.

Minutes later, the paper says, he rang his own number and offered to hand back the laptop in exchange for the phone.

When he returned later that morning, the suspect - described as a minor - was arrested by waiting officers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm nominating myself today...

Stood in the kitchen just now, watching life in the sun (or whatever it's called) and as usual I was drooling over Danni Menzies, but today I told my dog how I thought Danni is utterly gorgeous and hot, and I continued to say what action I would take, should I ever meet her (in my sad little dreams, of course). I sat down  and burped, this prompted the missus to say "you're disgusting", at which point I realised she was indoors........

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, amber said:

here's one

I am not certain, who was being biggest knob, yes the car but then the bike was obviously out for footage.

However I did like the opening at the end. 

7 hours ago, amber said:

i think the car driver was the nob some would have just smashed his mirror off 

And that would have possibly led to the car driver being more aggressive with the next biker they came across.

Not a problem for an experienced rider who can spot the signs but potentially lethal for a novice rider whose just passed their CBT. 

I think opening the back door was harmless and hopefully irritating to the car driver. I tend to.limit myself to beeping my horn and / or traditional gestures of annoyance.

• Like 1

the car driver 100000000 percent at fault simple as,car had to give way to the bike simple as, he didnt even give a shite about the cars coming the other way either,  most likely just being a muppet and smack off this face!

agree with BF yes that a poor inexperienced rider would have come a cropper...

i dont know but reading that yes he did need help opening his door 🤭.

i would have done the same but i would have put full beam on to destroy his retinas for a bit while he crawled past then open the door, if that presented its self to me even without a camera footage to share....

Edited by RideWithStyles

18 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I think opening the back door was harmless and hopefully irritating to the car driver. I tend to.limit myself to beeping my horn and / or traditional gestures of annoyance.

yes they might turn out to be an incredible hulk and come rushing over 🤯

not even bolt would have time to stop car,undo seat belt, open door and run, while the bike was way far down the road so no way he was being caught...

you could say eye for an eye for inconvenience, considering the dangerous actions the car driver could and willing to do... 

estate agents, sign post (sale /sold) contractors.

drilled into house number 7 wall to put a sign up saying "sold" for a neighbour across the road....

after i asked them about it as it was a surprise to us they never mentioned about it, theyre long time friends of family to....they had no clue of it either,  they were never selling in the first place 🤭. no7 complained to the estate agents. 

the house it should of gone to was 17, which was one of their elderly parents house before this current owner, so still lingers for them.

owner previously threw some really terrible and loud tenants in it, wreaking it too the scruffers and still in a state...

next day they hadn't removed the 7 sign as they said they would do (also repairing the wall) but came back to put the new "sold" sign on 17....next day swapped the 17 to "for sale" but still left no7s on....😵‍💫🤪

Edited by RideWithStyles
  • Sad 3

I'm nominating 2 mercedes drivers today. Commuting home last night on my bike. On a roundabout turning right one merc decided to cut me up as I'm turning on the roundabout. The other turns right on the left turn lane. They then zip in and out of traffic and must have been doing 60 or more in a 30 mph zone in the dark where there's several pedestrians crossing. 

They were chasing each other until I turn off a side road. Only a matter of time that they crash and maybe kill someone if that's how they drive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, daveinlim said:

I'm nominating 2 mercedes drivers today. Commuting home last night on my bike. On a roundabout turning right one merc decided to cut me up as I'm turning on the roundabout. The other turns right on the left turn lane. They then zip in and out of traffic and must have been doing 60 or more in a 30 mph zone in the dark where there's several pedestrians crossing. 

They were chasing each other until I turn off a side road. Only a matter of time that they crash and maybe kill someone if that's how they drive.

Was one of them yellow and on The Highway / A13 by any chance? Had the same thing picking Wife and Daughter up from theatreland. Bloody dangerous, and how come they can ignore the average speed cams?