Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Seems like you've handled it in the best way for your situation, well done for keeping your cool, things these days can so easily escalate, hope your sign has the desired effect, all the best

• Like 1

I've got a nice little car for sale online. So many Indian scam centres contacting me. Then a genuine guy asks a few questions and asks what my lowest price is. I give him a price and then he asks will I accept 50% of the figure I gave him. Laughing in his face was the only way to ease the frustration.  

Also I put the car in autotrader. It's come up as cat c which is incorrect. Contacted autotrader who said they can't do anything so now I've to get Experian to change things. No idea how long that'll take and in the meantime the car is advertised as cat c which will put off potential buyers.

Natural hatred of the scams.

that's probably why he offered half or just a chancer. wouldn't surprise me experian want paying to correct there cook up, as a new money making enterprise. 

Some geezer in an 08 Mondeo on Tuesday.

Driving to work on a 50mph A road, Mondeo man was trundling along about 45mph, at first opportunity I nip by him and sit at about 60. Hit some roadworks and he catches me up, pull away again, get back to 60 and he drops back, a mile later there is a long straight and he comes belting past me. Tw@t I think. I then follow him for the next 8 miles along roads where it’s difficult to overtake and he back to bumbling along at 45.

Must have hurt his ego being overtaken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I've met him in Gloucestershire. The number of idiots who bimble along at 40-45 then when you overtake them try and catch you up or speed through a village so they can is quite high. You can play with them a bit though if you are in the mood.

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I think I've met him in Gloucestershire. The number of idiots who bimble along at 40-45 then when you overtake them try and catch you up or speed through a village so they can is quite high. You can play with them a bit though if you are in the mood.

I think I live where he has his second holiday home.  Just on holiday they go slower and when in villages Window shop.

• Like 2

I want to nominate my ex manager, his manager and the MD of the company where I have worked until yesterday.

Bless the day I left :thumb:

Now looking for something new to do 🙂

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, husoi said:

I want to nominate my ex manager, his manager and the MD of the company where I have worked until yesterday.

Bless the day I left :thumb:

Now looking for something new to do 🙂

Presumably all was not well in the world of work. Hopefully you find something to do which ticks all the right boxes for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Phoking me 😡😡😡😡

Ordered the wrong set of fairing bolts for the pan 🤬🤬🤬

Anybody interested in a brand new in box set of bolts and fasteners for a CBR600 let me know.

It cost me £16 I'll pay for postage because I'm an eejit

1712162988202616935392290690905.thumb.jpg.55630fefb950be7395eddec044aa1c4d.jpg

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

ME. I AM A KNOB, for thinking my Oxford Rainseal over trousers would keep me dry during my commute home. Why I don't listen to myself is beyond belief 😂. I know they are Sh*te, I've always commented on here how sh*te they are, but no, oh no. I woke up to see frost on the car windscreen, but the sun was shining :classic_biggrin:. Weather forecast saying fine and dry this morning but rain closing in, in the afternoon. I'm working in the office today, so its on with the Rukka Jacket, Bull-it Jeans, casual boots and the Keis gloves. I thought I would put the over trousers in the rucksack just in case the rain does close in, it might only be a gentle shower 😅. Its only a 40 min commute, mainly on Motorway and A580, but boy did it rain, and the spray from all the other traffic made for a good soaking (bearing in mind, I had only cleaned the bike on Sunday 🤬). Got home, torso was dry as a bone, feet dry as a bone, hands dry and warm. crotch totally wet through. Pleased to say the Oxford Rainseal Trousers are now in the bin, shortly to be accompanied by the over Jacket. 🤬🤬 something I should have done a long time ago.  Rant over 😂🤣

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

ME. I AM A KNOB, for thinking my Oxford Rainseal over trousers would keep me dry during my commute home. Why I don't listen to myself is beyond belief 😂. I know they are Sh*te, I've always commented on here how sh*te they are, but no, oh no. I woke up to see frost on the car windscreen, but the sun was shining :classic_biggrin:. Weather forecast saying fine and dry this morning but rain closing in, in the afternoon. I'm working in the office today, so its on with the Rukka Jacket, Bull-it Jeans, casual boots and the Keis gloves. I thought I would put the over trousers in the rucksack just in case the rain does close in, it might only be a gentle shower 😅. Its only a 40 min commute, mainly on Motorway and A580, but boy did it rain, and the spray from all the other traffic made for a good soaking (bearing in mind, I had only cleaned the bike on Sunday 🤬). Got home, torso was dry as a bone, feet dry as a bone, hands dry and warm. crotch totally wet through. Pleased to say the Oxford Rainseal Trousers are now in the bin, shortly to be accompanied by the over Jacket. 🤬🤬 something I should have done a long time ago.  Rant over 😂🤣

FFS, I just bought a pair 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Simon Davey said:

FFS, I just bought a pair 😂😂

Some people have no issues with them. Unfortunately, my experience with Oxford Clothing hasn't been great. I have sent a Mondial Jacket and trousers back twice before, I hope you have a better experience and yours are what Oxford Claim to be. :thumb:

I actually like the Mondial Jacket and Trousers, but they're not waterproof like Oxford Claim. 

• Thanks 1

I’m far too busy spending money on”expensive ornaments” to think about bike gear. But having said that I have some history with Oxford clothing. I don’t own anything made by them now and I wouldn’t list anything made by their clothing arm as an option for me. Nothing.

And yet my Oxford rainseal jacket and Montreal trousers have kept me bone dry in many miles of torrential rain. 

I guess it's the luck of the draw with them. I haven't been so lucky with Richa waterproofs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pie man said:

ME. I AM A KNOB, for thinking my Oxford Rainseal over trousers would keep me dry during my commute home. Why I don't listen to myself is beyond belief 😂. my crotch totally wet through. Pleased to say the Oxford Rainseal Trousers done a long time ago.  Rant over 😂🤣

sorry but couldnt help myself a adapt the post to what a marketing/pc/politician would have put it.

i luckly had decent times with oxford and richa products IN THE PAST(From 3-20yrs). now if they are shite now as most due to being made to the cheapest technologies and methods known nowadays i cant comment.

I've had zero success with Oxford stuff. I now class them as "buy cheap, buy twice". My current waterproofs are 2 years old and have kept me bone dry in some fairly monsoon rain storms. They are Scotts.

• Like 1

Try a Cool Covers seat cover (cheaper brands are available). Pooling at the crotch is a bit like sitting in a puddle - it's not that surprising when your gear lets water in under those circumstances. Although they're marketed as aids to hot weather riding, the side effect of mesh covers is they allow water to drain by keeping you a quarter inch above the seat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I shall nominate PayPal for nob award. 

My wife wanted a cushion for our granddaughter's play tent. She ordered one and I paid using my PayPal account. 

Nothing arrived. Weeks went by, no cushion. 

After many messages eventually she received something entirely different which we asked to send back. The seller refused. 

I took it to PayPal resolution who asked us to post it back at our cost before they would consider a refund. I warned them the seller dodgy and likely to disappear once they had the item back.

So having paid postage on a very large item we didn't order the seller has failed to provide a refund and PayPal are doing nothing about it. 

I used them on the basis there was some protection from scams but they have done absolutely nothing. 

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, Pie man said:

I bought the one-piece suit. What a waste of money. I get soaked every time. I now have separate trousers and jacket from armr and Richa a they are great. 

I have the Oxford hinterland trousers and jacket. Can't really fault them much as they do the job but I'm eyeing up the new laminated suit from spada that's coming out in may. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I shall nominate PayPal for nob award. 

My wife wanted a cushion for our granddaughter's play tent. She ordered one and I paid using my PayPal account. 

Nothing arrived. Weeks went by, no cushion. 

After many messages eventually she received something entirely different which we asked to send back. The seller refused. 

I took it to PayPal resolution who asked us to post it back at our cost before they would consider a refund. I warned them the seller dodgy and likely to disappear once they had the item back.

So having paid postage on a very large item we didn't order the seller has failed to provide a refund and PayPal are doing nothing about it. 

I used them on the basis there was some protection from scams but they have done absolutely nothing. 

Hate Paypal l refuse to use them. As much as l don't like Amazon it's really easy to get your money back if stuff is wrong.

• Like 2

I had an issue with PayPal years ago when I still used eBay. As a result of totally unsatisfactory acts on both their parts I avoid both like the plague.