Nob of the Day.......

Tango

NOTD? More like NOTW. I have been waiting 7 days for a parcel that was promised for delivery within forty eight hours last week. Still nothing and no sensible explanation.

On a lighter note, I did get a refund from e-bay for a clutch lever that never turned up so that seller can take NOTD as well. Humph...

My nomination goes to the old lady who was too busy yapping with her passenger to notice that she almost side swiped me causing me to brake sharply to avoid any contact and then a minute down the road another old person this time a man almost done the same but noticed me just in time! Both of them should have seen me because I could see them in their mirrors!!

This 'nob of the day' behaviour i experience every single damn day of life.

People who see the L plates and propel themselves out in front of me like demented lemmings. I'm sure you know the ones I'm talking about. The people who pull out in front of you with such desperate urgency it's like the hounds of hell are snapping at their heels. They don't just want to pull out in front of you they need it. It's as if the survival of not just the human species but of the entire universe hinges on them pulling out onto that piece of road at that exact moment in time and to hell with the consequences!!

Then THEN! they proceed to pootle along casually at approximately 25.5mph . Whilst your stuck behind them looking in your mirrors and fuming at the completely and utterly barren stretch of road thats snaking away behind you. Wondering why these contempable useless cretins couldn't wait 4,5 maybe even 6 seconds for you to pass them first.

All those hundreds of idiots who see nice weather and decide to sit in the fast lane of the motorway with two clear lanes to their left, in thier crappy little eco friendly city cars at 65 mph on thier skinny little tyres with a huge sat nav stuck right in the middle of their windscreen obscuring their view forward.

As for their rear view, they clearly dont use their mirrors as not one of them noticed my bloody great Audi baring down on them trying to get past!!!

4 hours driving on motorways putting up with these idiots is enough to make a man turn to booze!!

All those hundreds of idiots who see nice weather and decide to sit in the fast lane of the motorway with two clear lanes to their left, in thier crappy little eco friendly city cars at 65 mph on thier skinny little tyres with a huge sat nav stuck right in the middle of their windscreen obscuring their view forward.

As for their rear view, they clearly dont use their mirrors as not one of them noticed my bloody great Audi baring down on them trying to get past!!!

4 hours driving on motorways putting up with these idiots is enough to make a man turn to booze!!

All hail the Prius brigade! :-)

The biker who while i was driving in slow "traffic" on the A12 this morning in my car (60mph at least) Decided to cut through at about 80mph between me and a truck and carried on doing it for the rest of the time i could see. This bellend gives us all bad reputations and makes a lot of people hate bikers.

Mr white van man this morning on the A38 dual carriageway. Speed limit 40 mph and he is sat in the right hand lane dong 30 mph totally ignoring all the beeps and flashing of lights. I got fed up (wife needs to be at work) so I pulled out and passed him on the left. He is sat one eye on the road and the other eye in his favourite novel. He was actually reading a book. Pr*ck!!

Woman on her phone sat behind me on the way to the gym this morning who was so close she should have probably bought me a coffee and got to know me a little beforehand. I mean so close I could have leaned back and touched her bonnet. It was a good exercise in riding extra carefully I guess :lol:.

Woman on her phone sat behind me on the way to the gym this morning who was so close she should have probably bought me a coffee and got to know me a little beforehand. I mean so close I could have leaned back and touched her bonnet. It was a good exercise in riding extra carefully I guess :lol:.

I'd have been tempted to pull over and let her pass...

Yeah I didn't think to do that to be honest, that's what I'll do next time. It was rush hour town traffic though so it's not as if she would have even got very far!

There is no offence of undertaking. You must not break the speed limit when passing them though.

Yeah I didn't think to do that to be honest, that's what I'll do next time. It was rush hour town traffic though so it's not as if she would have even got very far!

If traffics built up couldn't you just filter away?

If traffics built up couldn't you just filter away?

It was built up but it was still moving slowly, I've only been riding just over a month so I'm not really confident enough to filter through moving traffic yet haha. To the front of red lights is my 'limit' at the moment.

Guy who wouldn't let me filter past him today on the way to work. Discovered the red line on my DT is actually a bit higher than I thought when I decided that committing to overtake the car in front of him was the safer option. Thankfully I made the right call and got out of it intact.

Yesterday the Peugeot driver who got on the A14 and immediately moved to the overtaking lane. The problem was, I was already in that lane. It was a bit surreal watching her stare straight ahead whilst I was using the horn to get her to move away. She then spent the next few miles keeping a long way from me, but staying in the overtaking lane which probably got up the nose of the Suzuki rider behind her.

This morning the Land Rover that while overtaking me in the dense fog almost drove into the car coming in the opposite direction. When visibility drops to a few metres I find it best to keep to a speed that has an equal stopping distance....... obviously Range Rovers have F1 standard brakes.

The biker who while i was driving in slow "traffic" on the A12 this morning in my car (60mph at least) Decided to cut through at about 80mph between me and a truck and carried on doing it for the rest of the time i could see. This bellend gives us all bad reputations and makes a lot of people hate bikers.

He used to do that when I worked in Colchester. Once he undertook me less then half a foot away from me. If I had made moved just a fraction, we would have gone splat all over the A14.

My award goes to the idiot in the massey ferg van today. I was on a 40mph road following a car soing 30, 2 lanes im in second. The car im following filters into the right lane to turn right so I speed up to 40 and as I wind.on the throttke the van pukls in front of me and pootles at 35, nob!!!!!

The silver Polo immediately in front of me in the queue on the Hog's Back yesterday morning. Thick thick fog, I couldn't see 5 cars ahead in the queue...

and she didn't have any lights on whatsoever :roll:

The f*ckface in the Jag coming out of Southampton who floored it to stop me from nipping in front of him as two lanes merged into one at the roadworks by M27J5. There was a big enough gap, so I gave it a squirt on the throttle and overtook him anyway. This made him as mad as f**k, complete with gesticulations, beeping, flashing of headlights. I could see a nice little escape route ahead as the lanes opened up again, so I stood up on the footpegs and slapped my arse at him :mrgreen: . Well, this made him go completely super-nova. Ballistic. Frothing at the mouth. It ended up with him actually hanging out of the driver's window, screaming abuse at me, by which time I was about 6 cars ahead of him and people on the opposite carriageway were looking at him with a "WTF is wrong with you? Are you mental?" expression!

Made me laugh, anyway. :lol:

The idiot in the Audi estate. Regular route to work involves a major roundabout with 5 exits, I can use No 2 or 3, they merge in about a mile or so, so I choose the shortest queue approaching the roundabout, as do many other people. The Audi driver decided to change lanes just in front of me to the right lane, at that point he at least had the grace to flash his hazards at me and wave an apology. I followed him quickly past the standing traffic in the left lane and onto and halfway round the roundabout, when he suddenly stopped, signalled left and angled his car to force his way back into the left lane exit. Having managed to stop before hitting his back end, I was able to get through on the inside, but behind me the horns got going as the other cars stuck behind him were less than impressed. Can't say I blame them really.

Woman in her audi whateveritwas. Clearly being a learner and going 34 in a 30 was to slow for mrs i'mlateformybuttwax Overtakes me like a mad person. cuts infront. pulls onto the A12.BOOM!!

Traffic.

Off i go filtering through but before i do. a little wave at mrs ohnoimstuckintrafficbecauseiamadick.

The big white Mercedes that despite the fact that the car in front of me was following a lorry that had just moved into the overtaking lane, decided to undertake all three of us........... then she must have thought "oh dear" or something like that as she almost drove straight into the car filtering onto the A14...... (the clue was the lorry moving into the overtaking lane)...... then in her panic she almost drove me into the crash barrier as she swerved into my lane.

It's the second time in a month I've almost been swiped by a car moving into my lane, so I'm considering painting the Dullville dayglo.

Two from yesterday:

Firstly, this guy in Cambridge

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx246/Mr_Fro/IMAG0279_1.jpg

Congratulations on taking up 2-3 bikes worth of space.

Secondly, the woman in the goldish colour Polo who merged into the offside lane approaching a round about while I was beside her. I gave her a good blast of my horn (giggedy) and she just stared straight ahead and continued to try and squish me against the barrier. Totally oblivious! Nothing a twist of the trottle couldn't sort out. :-)

The best of it was that she then cut back across the nearside lane at the roundabout and took the first exit... :roll:

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUnning plan Baldrick.