Nob of the Day.......

Tango

my nob of the day goes to the Blackbird rider who had filtered to the front of the traffic lights across the white line in the middle of the road, what's the problem I hear you say.. Well there was him in full leathers gloves boots the whole sheebang and on the back was a girl can't have been over 12 in leggings and a cardigan with a helmet that looked miles too big!!

that really grinds my bones, the fact he's made sure in the event of an off that he'll be fine but the poor girl will come off worst.

Nob of the day is mr white van man on the motorway coming home, I was in the overtaking lane passing 3 cars who were quite close together. Not enough space to pull in between them and anyway I'd have had to slow by about 20mph to do so!! I was just passing the 2nd one when mr white van man comes so close behind me all I can see in my rear view mirror is his front bumper and bonnet and starts flashing me to move over! What on earth did he expect to achieve by doing this?

Approaching a junction, 2 cars in front of me. Both those cars go into the right hand lane and I stay in the left. Both lanes go right. There is no left turn allowed and there is no straight on. After turning right the left hand lane can then take a left or continue straight on.

Light goes green. Me and the car next door (a taxi) move off. Rather than continuing in his lane he drives straight over into mine (which had me in it), no indicators, nothing. Just went. Missed me only because I could sense an idiot nearby. He then proceeded to take the left turn. He was the car at the front, there was no reason at all for him not to have gone in the left hand lane to start with!!! It is a fairly busy road (centre of Glasgow) and it is very unlikely that there WON'T be cars in both lanes going forward >:[

Apparently its the season for them, think its time to get the GoPro on the dash!

The driver of the "lintels and aggregates" lorry on the A14 this morning who managed to stretch an overtake to 7 - yes, seven miles. Nob.

The drivers I am particularly fond of are the ones who see me screamin' up the outside lane ... and then swerve out in front of me at the last minute and floor the gas, just to save themselves from having to dab the brake, then overtake the slow-moving vehicle in front of them. :evil:

The driver of the "lintels and aggregates" lorry on the A14 this morning who managed to stretch an overtake to 7 - yes, seven miles. Nob.

The drivers I am particularly fond of are the ones who see me screamin' up the outside lane ... and then swerve out in front of me at the last minute and floor the gas, just to save themselves from having to dab the brake, then overtake the slow-moving vehicle in front of them. :evil:

Or the Christian motorists who fervently adhere to just a bit under the speed limit and/or stay in the outside lane for longer than is necessary.

Or the Christian motorists who fervently adhere to just a bit under the speed limit.

I hope you are enticing cage drivers to speed?

I do not have an issue with someone who sits at (or just below) the NSL for that vehicle on a road PROVIDED they keep a decent gap between them and the vehicle in front AND keep over to the left when a bike approaches from behind them (in otherwords - considerate drivers).

:cheers:

They seem to be out in force at the moment, not sure why - maybe the colder weather is making people sleepy at the wheel.

over the last week, i've had more than a few "nobs of the day".

Woman on bullerthorpe lane who rolled up behind a parked british gas van on her side of the road, then threw her arms about gesticulating wildly that i had the audacity to ride in the centre of my lane so she couldn't push past (the road wasn't wide enough for 2 vehicles and a bike.

"biker" in his car that day who went through a red light then shouted abuse at me, tried to be my pillion passenger by driving so close and twice trying to inappropriately over take when i was riding at (or just below) the posted 30mph limit. his excuse for all this behaviour was that I should always give way to the right on a round about (he was queuing in traffic when I filtered around him). If that was you and you're on this forum, you're a twunt (probably not on this forum because everyone her is ace)

Fella this morning in a car on a NSL road who pulled out on me, then gave me a "single finger apology" when I tooted to warn of my approach.

There's been numerous others (some of which I could learn from, filtering to the front of a queue waiting to go round temp road works, don't rely on the car to check their blind spot before moving out to pass the obstruction, 60% my fault, 40% hers. silly me)

Young lady sat astride white line at a set of traffic lights on red,i'm in my landy in the left lane,lights change to green she does'nt move as she is looking at paperwork on the passenger seat,i give a little toot she looks up and sticks a finger out of window. :up: she got that back with a smile.

The 3 Dicks that were all driving BMWs that decided to crash in to each other this morning on the motorway causing a serious traffic jam and making me miss my mod 1......NOBS of the fing year for me!!

Chicken and egg, my friend, chicken and egg. You need a bike to get past the traffic jam, but you need your mod 1 to get a bike. Chicken and egg.

On the plus side though, a bit more practice before your re-booked mod1! My test was cancelled (there was none of this mod1/mod2 malarkey, it was just "the test") because of snow. In that instance, they gave me a free re-test because they cancelled on me. Do you get a free re-test? I hope so.

They seem to be out in force at the moment, not sure why - maybe the colder weather is making people sleepy at the wheel.

over the last week, i've had more than a few "nobs of the day".

Woman on bullerthorpe lane who rolled up behind a parked british gas van on her side of the road, then threw her arms about gesticulating wildly that i had the audacity to ride in the centre of my lane so she couldn't push past (the road wasn't wide enough for 2 vehicles and a bike.

"biker" in his car that day who went through a red light then shouted abuse at me, tried to be my pillion passenger by driving so close and twice trying to inappropriately over take when i was riding at (or just below) the posted 30mph limit. his excuse for all this behaviour was that I should always give way to the right on a round about (he was queuing in traffic when I filtered around him). If that was you and you're on this forum, you're a twunt (probably not on this forum because everyone her is ace)

Fella this morning in a car on a NSL road who pulled out on me, then gave me a "single finger apology" when I tooted to warn of my approach.

There's been numerous others (some of which I could learn from, filtering to the front of a queue waiting to go round temp road works, don't rely on the car to check their blind spot before moving out to pass the obstruction, 60% my fault, 40% hers. silly me)

So many awesome sentences there! :D

My general nobs are the ones who tailgate me when i'm overtaking a lorry thats going 60 and im going about 68, fine im not super fast but if i have to over take i over take tailgating me at 6am in the dark isnt going to make me speed up if anything i'll slow down! Just need people to be considerate that biking can be a bit scary especially when you're new!

Makes me laugh how in the same post we have people complaining that 'Christian' motorists are a pain for driving just under the speed limit, but on the same page, we have moans about inconsiderate bully's who dare to drive close to someone who is riding just under the NSL to force them to move over.

No one can ever be complained about because they are driving or riding at or just under the NSL, it is the law. You can't complain because someone else is NOT breaking the law.

I get a move on when I am out on the bike, but if I come up behind someone who is driving or riding at the NSL I will sit behind until there is a safe place to overtake. Which is easy if someone is doing the NSL. You won't find me bullying someone to speed up because I am enjoying my bike and want to break the speed limit.

Middle lane hoggers, now that's another thing, but I normally just undertake them.

:up:

the nobhead in the van who if he'd been any closer to me, would've been riding pillion, the f**king arse. Was right behind me constistently for a couple of miles, and was trying to get past whenever i strayed slightly off the centre line (mainly when going round bends) For the final 2 miles on a 50 limit road i sat at 40 though, slowing down verrrry early for roundabouts

N.O.T.D goes to the driver of the "hot hatch" who was clearly too important and special to wait in slow-moving Christmas shopping traffic going into Southampton - decided to suddenly swerve into the bus lane on the left of the traffic, nearly causing a fully-loaded bus to jack-knife, then floored it to the front of the queue, then cut diagonally in front of a car, nearly causing another accident, then jumped the red light, then drove at speed down the outside of the queue, into oncoming traffic, causing an oncoming moped rider to take evasive action, then jumped another red light, nearly having several accidents in the cross-flowing traffic, then disappeared off up another bus lane.

The question is, do buses have cameras on them? I bloody hope so, because the driver of that car deserves to lose his licence.

Yes, all our new ones have about 20 on all over the place. However, shit bus companies will never give a driver access to the footage or time to report to the police.

Data protection act :wink:

although if it's reported to the police the police can ask for the CCTV :)

although its a waste of time

NOTD - The Hornet rider who thought it was clever to have his headlight on full beam and sit right on my rear bumper (yes- I was in the 'cage') when there was a whole (fairly empty) overtaking lane he/she could have used!!!!

Next time i'll 'test my brakes' then help him/her while we wait for the ambulance!

NOBBER!!!!

:cheers: