Nob of the Day.......

Tango

NOTD goes to the chap in a car this morning that pulled out into a hashed area with no indication (there was a right turn up ahead, but about 20 meters up ahead, and associated filter lane) straight in front of me while i was filtering. he waited until i was upon him to do that, so i'm convinced he did it deliberately as he stopped in the hashed area. When i passed him (revved engine!) he gave me the single finger salute and was mouthing "f**k off" at me. Obviously an old timer who beleives that filtering in slow moving/stationary traffic on the hashes is illegal and decided to police the roads himself.

Wanted to make spider patterns in the glass of his wing mirror using my fist, but decided to rise above it instead. What a plonker!

NOTD...actually it's a double nomination......the 2 van drivers in the underground car park near Tottenham Court Road that felt that the sign saying to park only in marked bays didn't apply to them.....and effectively blocked the exit for me and 3 or 4 other vehicles........top work fellas! ..... :evil:

Ok mine for the day has got to be the rider I saw earlier riding around the village I live with a black visor on when the light was poor and getting darker.

In case your on here it was me on the bandit that went past you and didn't nod because I was so surprised at your visor!

notd goes to silly man who indicated at the very last possible moment coming onto a mini-roundabout to turn across my path, and turned anyway. I gave him the gesture which I thought best indicated what I though of his driving (akin to shaking a clenched fist) and he responded with a 2 finger salute. Obviously didn't understand the error of his driving.

NotD goes to the BMW driver who stopped jutting out of the queue in a two lane one way street so that the bus and traffic got blocked half way down the street in the clear lane. The traffic splits in two directions at the end, so he was just being a nob.

Nob of the day, On my way home last night and going down a side road as its quicker and more fun. Car reverses out a drive ahead of me, Fine no problems i'll over take as it's clear.

NOPE

driver puts his foot down and floors it as i'm level with him and then proceeds to brake and speed up alternatively. I decide to bomb it as i'm in 2nd gear and hit 40 in a matter of seconds.

Instead of racing off, check it's clear and your blindspot is clear don't just race off because you want to get infront of the bike! (who is quicker than you anyway)

Nob of the day, On my way home last night and going down a side road as its quicker and more fun. Car reverses out a drive ahead of me, Fine no problems i'll over take as it's clear.

NOPE

driver puts his foot down and floors it as i'm level with him and then proceeds to brake and speed up alternatively. I decide to bomb it as i'm in 2nd gear and hit 40 in a matter of seconds.

Instead of racing off, check it's clear and your blindspot is clear don't just race off because you want to get infront of the bike! (who is quicker than you anyway)

Why not use your horn whilst he was reversing? It makes them stop unless they are an utter nob and the subsequent overtake would be safer.......Grief I sound like a right old man don't I? Anyway making a noise can be really useful sometimes.

Two of them today. First is the cyclist this evening who shot out of a one-way street the wrong way dressed all in black and with no lights, I narrowly missed the muppet and he proceded to shout abuse at ME...... Second was the British gas van who was on his phone and leaning toward the passenger side of his vehicle (guess he was looking for something) who veered across and almost hit me as I was waiting to turn right onto my drive after work.

The minge featured nob head who "cooked" my pizza last night (Domino's in Felixstowe) and gave me the two bob bits. I would far rather have been having a kip than getting dead legs all night while sobbing quietly at the alarming quantity of rusty water that poured out of my rapidly dehydrating body.

Ducking aunt.

The minge featured nob head who "cooked" my pizza last night (Domino's in Felixstowe) and gave me the two bob bits. I would far rather have been having a kip than getting dead legs all night while sobbing quietly at the alarming quantity of rusty water that poured out of my rapidly dehydrating body.

Ducking aunt.

My suspicion is you have caught norovirus. almost everyone I know has it and it's horrendous. I lost 1/2 stone overnight on thursday.

Ducking aunt.

Oh noes, poor mister Fro and Matty too!!

V unhappy Bikermoo! Complete knob end white van man following me *right* up the arse of a pitch black country road on my way to a docs appt tonight, in the rain with a nice layer of mud on the road, slippery road warning signs all on the road previous. Despite me shaking my head and waving him back after at one point thinking he was going to hit me...I was also being blinded by his lights reflecting from my mirrors onto my visor making it real hard to see (glare from cars passing in the opposite direction not helping at all either). I wasn't even going that slow! But I soon got slower the more anxious he made me feel. I really wish he knew just how much he shat me up...must've reeeally been in a rush to be that much of an inconsiderate ar*ehole. Was late for my appointment as I couldn't shake it off and crawled along the rest of the way, arms still as hell...had a nice driver behind after who gave me plenty of space.

Otherwise, winter riding has been going well!

I had an ar*ehole like that behind me a few nights ago so once we hit the twisties I put left hand on left knee and slowed down! As soon as the road straightened he went out to pass and I thought about taking off but decided to let him pass - just so I could get his number. One of my biker buddies is the local traffic branch sergeant so I had a word!! He hates as*holes like that!! Lol

• 3 weeks later...

NOTD goes to the f**kwit bodger who did a load of DIY in the house we just bought.

Let me give you a little tour ...

In the lounge, we have:

1) Floorboards that have been lifted so that the f**kwit could lay an absolutely spaghetti junction of telephone wires to a veritable plethora of telephone sockets all over the house. What the f**k is wrong with keeping it simple? Just have a single phone socket with a master phone plugged into that, then have wireless satellites everywhere. That's what we've done and it works perfectly.

2) When lifting the floorboards, the idiot didn't cut them on the joist. Oh no. He cut them beside the joist, then hung them on nails walloped into the side of the joist.

3) When putting the floorboards back, he did so with ring shank nails. The kind that you use for roofing, timber construction, etc. All well and good if you never ever want the nail to come out. I.e. on a roof. Or when constructing a timber frame. But not for putting down floorboards, which you might actually need to lift again one day. Cue a trip to Wickes to get four replacement floorboards.

4) In the hallway, we have two cross-connected lighting circuits, effectively resulting in a closed ring from a pair of radial circuits.

5) In the kitchen, we have a light switch which trips the main breaker if you switch it on. We have taped it over for now.

6) In the loft, we have a length of 1.5mm2 cable pulled from the lighting ring, wired into a chock block, without an earth, and then wired into a 4-gang extension lead. It is therefore possible to plug four unearthed 13A loads into an 5A circuit. Which is cross-connected to another 5A circuit. Now, I'm certainly not a qualified electrician, but I know that is just incredibly wrong.

:|

Nob of the day goes to the douchebag in a corsa who flew around a blind bend on the wrong side of the road almost knocking another biker off.

Lucky I had pulled up at the kurb...Started having headlight issues.

Well my nob of the day was yesterday. Through stationary traffic being a new rider im not too confident on filtering yet. It was gridlock worse than nor mal through boston after work yesterday, so after waiting patiently for 15 mins as I couldnt move anywhere anyways, I started making my way down the middle of the two lanes, until I got to a muppet in a 206, he sae me coming and pulled his car over to the left to stop me passing and then any movement of the traffic he kept himself about a foot from the cars next to him and in some cases was actually on the lane devide, finally saw my escape when the car behind let me pass in front of him and I over took the nob and carried on my way

Don't let them bother you. Most door mirrors will come off with a good, well-directed kick.

Experience will tell you if they're just being a dick or ignorant but sometimes they're behaviour is so utterly beyond the pale, it needs to be punished.

Not that I'd condone that sort of thing.