Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Me today. Approaching a roundabout on first glance I thought was empty so didn't shave off much speed as I was turning left and it was fairly big so would have been no problem. Look again and there is a white A3 coming around that I would have hit carrying on the speed I was. Not terribly fast but still.

Tried my first emergency stop :lol: Not really sure what happened, the back wheel swung right out though and the front started to skid and I felt myself tipping the wrong way. Suddenly (and quite handily really) remembered what my cbt instructor said about getting into a skid and let go/reapplied the brakes and it got upright again and stopped. Was a few scary moments haha.

Lesson learned: Look properly and slow down for turns anyway you f**king numpty :lol:

Exiting a roundabout two cars parked at the gutter a little way up the road,as I get closer the car in front pulls a u turn no indicaters or warning I slam on and he looks at me as though its my fault.

Big fat ugly bearded women,no only kidding it was a man.

Sorry forgot,nob of the day. :?

Coming home last night the nob in a big Merc on the inside lane of the roundabout decided he wanted to exit NOW so just went for it, ignoring my presence in the outside lane heading for same exit. I managed to brake and swerve almost into barriers, (thank god for ABS), then 30 yds down road he stopped at pelicon light, so I got alonngside and expressed my opinion in medieval English. Amazing thing next - cage driver behind who'd seen everything got out and added his opinion to my cause in equally forthright language and told me to call the police (total waste of time if I had so I didn't), but really good to have some independent support from a driver. :D

Coming home last night the nob in a big Merc on the inside lane of the roundabout decided he wanted to exit NOW so just went for it, ignoring my presence in the outside lane heading for same exit. I managed to brake and swerve almost into barriers, (thank god for ABS), then 30 yds down road he stopped at pelicon light, so I got alonngside and expressed my opinion in medieval English. Amazing thing next - cage driver behind who'd seen everything got out and added his opinion to my cause in equally forthright language and told me to call the police (total waste of time if I had so I didn't), but really good to have some independent support from a driver. :D

Lol! How did the merc driver react? Genuinely sheepish, or "I drive an expensive car, screw you, pleb"?

Yoiks, they’re out today!

Just had some twatspackle try and have me off on my way to work.

I exited a 40 zone into a national speed limited single carriageway – there’s about 100m before my left hand turning which I normally take at 40ish so I didn’t bother getting up to 60. About 40m short of the junction I did a shoulder check, started indicating and shuffled over to the left hand side of the bike while slowing gradually.

I noticed a silver Laguna behind me was getting a bit close and as I was about 10-15m from the junction it started to undertake me on the left. Since I was about 2/3 out from the curb, the Laguna had to squeeze past, pretty much on the verge. If I hadn’t been fully aware of what was behind me and done my life savers, I’m positive there would have been an impact.

By the time I was at the turning point, the Laguna was completely alongside me and blocking the junction. I saw it was a female driver in her 40’s with a fraggle hair do so I let her pass. I got alongside her at a roundabout 50m further up the road and raised my hand, palm up in a “what-was-that?” kind of way and she just waved her arms about and mouthed “Sorry” repeatedly. She didn't even look at me while she was doing so.

She risked my life and committed a traffic offence for zero gain as she got stuck in traffic at the roundabout. If I’d had a camera I would forward the images to the police without question.

It crossed my mind to give her a bollocking but I couldn’t be arsed and needed a piss so I pootled on to work.

What a nob.

As angry as I get at drivers, there's no point in having words with them (despite the amount of times I've done it). Nobody acknowledges that they're a tool - it's a bit like arguing on the internet - you might be right, but you're still a retard!

it'd be nice if once someone said "sorry" and meant it.

As angry as I get at drivers, there's no point in having words with them (despite the amount of times I've done it). Nobody acknowledges that they're a tool - it's a bit like arguing on the internet - you might be right, but you're still a retard!

it'd be nice if once someone said "sorry" and meant it.

It depends how it's done! You can react in one of two ways:

(1) Scream and shout and call them all the motherfuckers under the sun and then they will feel justified in their belligerent denial of responsibility.

(2) Be as polite as you can to them. They still won't acknowledge fault, but I bet it pricks their conscience later! Most people feel cringeingly guilty a few minutes after they've verbally abused someone who has been completely calm and polite to them.

I've been working down in London this week and, with the tube strike on, too many nobs (vans, cars AND bikes) around there to mention! :shock:

Nob of the day goes to the L-plated sports 125 rider (think it was a CBR but TBH I wasn't really focussing on the make) when I was heading home on the B1040 up to the A428 near Eltisley - he/she overtook the car coming towards me so I had to brake hard and get over as far as I could to prevent a head-on. Total misjudgement and lucky I still had my wits about me after a 13 hour+ day. The next car was quarter of a mile behind me so he/she could easily have waited a few seconds.

The white van behind me this afternoon

Had a phone in his right hand clamped to his ear. In his left hand, perched on top of the wheel, he had another phone on which he was texting!

Very wild overtake on a cyclist brought him very very close to my arse which had me looking.

My nob of the day was after one of my bike lessons (the one that went badly) I was riding home from Taunton. This huge lorry which had hay flying out from it (one of those sheep transporter things).. I overtook it cause I was getting hay in my eyes and helmet. He decided to overtake me again and slow right down (up hill) and I'm on a little 125 cruiser so I cant maintain speed up hill very well, let alone gain speed. Needless to say going downhill I overtook him got up to 65 and was flying. but ugh, if you're driving a vehicle which has hay and other rubbish flying off, do not go in front of a biker! damnit!

I overtook it cause I was getting hay in my eyes and helmet.

Visor down? 8-)

:seeya:

Nar, faster bike...

General trend on this thread is for 125cc riders to be annoyed by other road users cause they Dont have the power to get away from them.

Visor down? 8-)

Nar, faster bike...

General trend on this thread is for 125cc riders to be annoyed by other road users cause they Dont have the power to get away from them.

I've never had L plates or a 125cc, but I can see how especially L plates achieve the opposite of what they are supposed to do. Instead of people being patient with learners, they harass them. It's a war out there! :(

Yesterday I was in the car going to pick a mate up. Car pulled out on me from a road on my right and I would have had to brake had it not been for the two lanes on the approach to the traffic lights up ahead so I used the right hand lane to overtake him and moved back into the left lane while maintaining my speed of 30mph.

I then get him flashing his lights at me and giving me the w**ker sign. WTF!

I flicked him the finger and carried on watching him rant rave in my mirror lol

The plonker on the phone in Tesco car park this afternoon. As his window was down he got an ear full from me. Then when I went to leave the guy parked behind me got in his BMW, revved it like a right chav and then reversed out of his parking space right into a passing car. Oops hope he has fully comp.

Visor down? 8-)

I've never had L plates or a 125cc, but I can see how especially L plates achieve the opposite of what they are supposed to do. Instead of people being patient with learners, they harass them. It's a war out there! :(

Lol I did have my visor down.. D: and yep we get harassed, even though I bet I have more no claims than most of these jack<> drivers out there harassing me.. (7 years!) cant wait to have more power beneith me

To the idiot on the a17 last night, in the Audi a4, chucking it down with rain and from 60 decided to weigh on anchors to 0 because he just noticed his turning on the right, and decides to indicate when he comes to a stop. Yes it's true what they say cars stop easier than bikes especially in wet, slight switchy arse moment but all made ok as I wasn't a fool and kept the 4 second rule

Most cagers in London every day. Esp all the pulling-out with and without looking dickheads, and those with issues with bikes filtering - I'm not in your way and I am going to go ahead of you faster than you unless you are p*ssed off and playing games/going massively over the speed limit - if I'm having a chilled/lazy day I don't bother to filter!

And to all the bikers that don't nod at L platers, I'm a biker too - I may even have been riding longer than you, and likely been through more than most of you - what happened to the friendly nod?! B*stards :lol:

Moo, in Newbury most of the nob-head bikers here are the learners. And pizza bikes.

Amazing how few learners nod back and instead stare like I am weird... Little brats need some manners teaching!

Pizza bikes carry pizza tho....

I'd like to nominate myself again today.

Stripped the carbs out to lower the floats a smidge. I started it up afterwards and it was running pretty well so I though I'd balance them up while I had the tank off.

I got it nicely balanced and put the carbtune thing away, then took the leads out to chop a cm off each end for a nice fresh connection.

All back together and I cranked it over. Nothing. I span it up some more. Nothing. I checked the fuel which squirted all over the place then I had a plug out to check the spark - all good there too.

More cranking and no running so I squirted a bit of carb cleaner in the carb throats - span it over and it revved it's nuts off for a second then died.

More cranking and looking about the place when all of a sudden I felt a little breeze on my cheek while I was peering in to the bowels of the thing.

In an instance I reaslised that I'd forgotten to replace the vacuum blanking bolts. Bunged them back in and it fired straight up.

Noooooob!